Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19183 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 10:24:07 PM »

till he said he told the commitee they were 3-5 years away from a flag where as Knighter said they were 2 or so.

Urban myth.

i dont care what Myth it is, point is not to rule our Hardwick in the chase for anyone.

if thats true about bucks for 1 mill then he can go get stuffed.

i can just picture him sitting in his lounge room rubbing his hands together with his gold digger lady by his side

bucks wife is no gold digger, she comes from a very wealthy italian family, she was loaded b4 she even met bucks

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »
You seem to play devils advocate a little bit too much with Buckley WP, aside from the "process" being followed, sup with Bucks?

I want this club to get this appointment right

Everyone seems to think it's a given he will be a great coach simply because his name is Buckley. I just don't think  it is a given that's all

if he is the absolute right person for the job fantastic - give him the gig. I have no problem with it

But can we just make sure (by following the process) he is rather saying he the right person because of his name.

Nothing more nothing less

spot on.

buvkley is not voss

correct

buckley is better and smarter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2009, 04:39:25 AM »
Richmond will sound out Bucks next month.

What North plan to offer Buckley according to Denham in the Australian.....

A three or four-year contract worth more than $500,000 a year, but will be given certain assurances to enhance the deal.

Football department spending will be increased substantially, including an increase in total player payments, which are due to rise from their current level of about 93 per cent to 95 per cent next year.

Not only will Buckley have a choice of some of his own staff, but the Kangaroos are also likely to seek an early retirement from the board of former club administrator Ron Joseph, who is viewed as a destabilising director and someone who could influence a decision by Buckley not to join.

North Melbourne chief executive Eugene Arocca said yesterday that football department spending would be increased to more than $14 million next year.

North Melbourne is also confident that Buckley will satisfy a crucial requirement for the next coach to be able to sell the club off the field by satisfying sponsors and increasing membership to record levels, something that led to Laidley's downfall.

A likely member of the coaching sub-committee, which will be announced following next week's board meeting, told The Australian yesterday that if Buckley accepted the challenge to take over North Melbourne, the club could expect the immediate impact of more than 5000 additional members in 2010.

"A steep rise in membership next year at the very least would be one spin-off if 'Bucks' comes on board, and we would also expect more corporate sponsors to join us," the Roos source said.

North Melbourne has already given its tick of approval to Buckley.

What is also expected to attract Buckley is the club's new $15.1m training and administration facility at Arden Street, which is scheduled to be ready by October this year and ready for pre-season training.

Buckley will also be sounded out by Richmond next month, but yesterday the Kangaroos remained confident that its administration and playing list were superior to the Tigers list.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25652188-5012432,00.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »
Looks as though the Kangaroos are putting all there eggs in the one basket trying to get Buckley.
Dangerous territory, particularly if it doesn't come off....
Thought Longmire may have been a big chance ??

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »
if the coach is only there to boost their own career how will they inspire teamwork and unselfish play in the side?
i'd hope whoever we get has at least some degree of passion for the club.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2009, 09:37:25 AM »
doubt it will happen , but I hope they get him.

It will be a marketing appointment, and we all know how dangerous they are

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:32 AM »
if the coach is only there to boost their own career how will they inspire teamwork and unselfish play in the side?

spot on

seems the rumours weeksa ago on bigfooty were correct that bucks will coach th e roos as he and arocca are real close

its a worry that the roos are not exploring all avenues

i would love buckley to coach us , but not if its purely for money but for passion

if bucks is just after the money good luck to him, he will just turn out to be another wallet, just an albino one lol

imo rawlings has a real passion for the role and the young list, and campbell has a real pasion for the club

either one of these two will do for me

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »

spot on

seems the rumours weeksa ago on bigfooty were correct that bucks will coach th e roos as he and arocca are real close

i would love buckley to coach us , but not if its purely for money but for passion

if bucks is just after the money good luck to him, he will just turn out to be another wallet, just an albino one lol

imo rawlings has a real passion for the role and the young list, and campbell has a real pasion for the club

you are very easily pleased.

But racists usually are ;)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »

spot on

you are very easily pleased.

But racists usually are ;)

u c. u dont know me at all, and those that do know im not racist at all
now ur post reflects ur intelligence as it has nothing to do with the topic, so w will stoop to  ur level

no im not racist and am not easily pleased. unlike u where any kok in mouth will do

u see. im not racist, just hate limp like u. a nd im not homophobic, phobias r fears, i dont fear limp, i just dont likr them

so go get ur deledio blow up doll and back to bed 4 you

limp/blaisees r easily pleased

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »
Or to summarise that rant

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
 :banghead :banghead

Again stick to the topic and not the cheap and pathetic personal insults and sniping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Con65

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:55 PM »
I come to this site to read about RFC...off field and on.

I do not come to read personal insults between site members.

Can the moderators/administrators please get tougher and start removing posts like some of the offensive ones above.  Surely it cannot be in this websites rules to allow posts like that to remain...

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »
What sort of evidence and proof do we need Stripes?
Maybe we wait until he has coach a couple of premierships first then just ask him to come to Richmond. If you don't think he would be a good coach then i have overated your opinion on this forum.
As for what the media thinks, who cares! Although some have a pretty good understanding of the game of AFL.
As for Hardwick and Hinkley, both have been over looked in the past for senior coaching jobs so they might not be as good as some may think!
This club needs a TRUE leader and Nathan Buckley is that!

Your first mistake bigtone was to rate my opinion at all. Your second was to misinterupt my post.

I think Buckley will make a very good coach but I'm still not sold he is the best man for our club just because he was a great Collingwood player who has a high media profile. The media have far too much influence for my liking on football and especially coaches. TW was forced to resign and Laidely jumped before the same circus could happen to him. Just rediculous.

From the little I know of Bucks, he seems to have the leadership qualities and no-nonsense attitude that we need at the club but the fact remains that he hasn't coached. Everyone points to Voss as an example of a person with no coaching experience coming straight in and making a impact but there are many differences between the two. Voss is using his relationship with his senior players to create a unified on and off field force. He holds is held in awe at Brisbane and has the utmost repect of his peers. Buckley at Tigerland has neither.

I want to find the best coach for our side and not the coach that the media think everyone should have. If Bucks is it then fine but if Hardwick or Hinkley pick up the position then I will be equally happy.

Regardless of their media profile before they got the Tigers job, the Richmond coach is always in the news!  :whistle I just hope it is for the right reasons this time and not just because they are media savvy or have failed.

Stripes

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
What sort of evidence and proof do we need Stripes?
Maybe we wait until he has coach a couple of premierships first then just ask him to come to Richmond. If you don't think he would be a good coach then i have overated your opinion on this forum.
As for what the media thinks, who cares! Although some have a pretty good understanding of the game of AFL.
As for Hardwick and Hinkley, both have been over looked in the past for senior coaching jobs so they might not be as good as some may think!
This club needs a TRUE leader and Nathan Buckley is that!

Your first mistake bigtone was to rate my opinion at all. Your second was to misinterupt my post.

I think Buckley will make a very good coach but I'm still not sold he is the best man for our club just because he was a great Collingwood player who has a high media profile. The media have far too much influence for my liking on football and especially coaches. TW was forced to resign and Laidely jumped before the same circus could happen to him. Just rediculous.

From the little I know of Bucks, he seems to have the leadership qualities and no-nonsense attitude that we need at the club but the fact remains that he hasn't coached. Everyone points to Voss as an example of a person with no coaching experience coming straight in and making a impact but there are many differences between the two. Voss is using his relationship with his senior players to create a unified on and off field force. He holds is held in awe at Brisbane and has the utmost repect of his peers. Buckley at Tigerland has neither.

I want to find the best coach for our side and not the coach that the media think everyone should have. If Bucks is it then fine but if Hardwick or Hinkley pick up the position then I will be equally happy.

Regardless of their media profile before they got the Tigers job, the Richmond coach is always in the news!  :whistle I just hope it is for the right reasons this time and not just because they are media savvy or have failed.

Stripes
So what did i misinterupt?
You said you wanted evidence and proof, what does that really mean Stripes? Is that just something that you thought sounded good?
Also Bucks was more than just a great Collingwood player, he more importantly was a fantastic leader of that club that got them to 2 grand finals with imo an good/average list. So lets not let facts stand in the way of your debate.
And for the record, i was only being nice when i said i respected your opinion.  :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
I come to this site to read about RFC...off field and on.

I do not come to read personal insults between site members.

Can the moderators/administrators please get tougher and start removing posts like some of the offensive ones above.  Surely it cannot be in this websites rules to allow posts like that to remain...

Here. Here.