Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19179 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
I come to this site to read about RFC...off field and on.

I do not come to read personal insults between site members.

Can the moderators/administrators please get tougher and start removing posts like some of the offensive ones above.  Surely it cannot be in this websites rules to allow posts like that to remain...

Here. Here.

+1
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »
At the end of the day, Buckley hasn't won anything
He certainly sounds impressive when you hear him, but how would he know what it takes to win a flag
He left the most successful club in recent history to go to the club that's one one flag in what 80 years?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
He certainly sounds impressive when you hear him, but how would he know what it takes to win a flag
He left the most successful club in recent history to go to the club that's one one flag in what 80 years?

I agree in a way but who  could have predicted the success the lions /bears would have when Buckley left them? The fact that Collingwood made two gfs would have taught him what it takes to win a flag because collingwood were exposed for it (Davis and then R.Shaw, Roccas missed goal that wasnt and suspensions to key forwards/backs). He also won a Norm smith

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
So what did i misinterupt?
You said you wanted evidence and proof, what does that really mean Stripes? Is that just something that you thought sounded good?
Also Bucks was more than just a great Collingwood player, he more importantly was a fantastic leader of that club that got them to 2 grand finals with imo an good/average list. So lets not let facts stand in the way of your debate.
And for the record, i was only being nice when i said i respected your opinion.  :lol

Evidence and proof, proof and evidence....it does sound good doesn't it ;)

big tone, it sounds like your firing up over this. I'm not trting to upset you mate and as I have already said I think Buckley will more than likely make a very good coach. I want wants best for the Richmond Football Club and not what outside sources say is best for us.

What my whole argument is big tone, is that lets cut through the hype, look far and wide and make sure we do everything we can to get the right fit for our list and club.

Sorry you don't respect my opinion but that won't stop be respecting yours. :cheers

Stripes
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:51:48 AM by Stripes »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »

HAHA how true. 3 flags later

i bet deep down that kills him hence why IMO he really wants to make it as a successful coach.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
I come to this site to read about RFC...off field and on.

I do not come to read personal insults between site members.

Can the moderators/administrators please get tougher and start removing posts like some of the offensive ones above.  Surely it cannot be in this websites rules to allow posts like that to remain...

Change forums, this one does not resemble NAZI Germany.

(No names mentioned  :lol )

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »

HAHA how true. 3 flags later

i bet deep down that kills him hence why IMO he really wants to make it as a successful coach.

maybe he is jinxed

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »
So what did i misinterupt?
You said you wanted evidence and proof, what does that really mean Stripes? Is that just something that you thought sounded good?
Also Bucks was more than just a great Collingwood player, he more importantly was a fantastic leader of that club that got them to 2 grand finals with imo an good/average list. So lets not let facts stand in the way of your debate.
And for the record, i was only being nice when i said i respected your opinion.  :lol

Evidence and proof, proof and evidence....it does sound doesn't  ;)

big tone, it sounds like your firing up over this. I'm not trting to upset you mate and as I have already said I think Buckley will more than likely make a very good coach. I want wants best for the Richmond Football Club and not what outside sources say is best for us.

What my whole argument is big tone, is that lets cut through the hype, look far and wide and make sure we do everything we can to get the right fit for our list and club.

Sorry you don't respect my opinion but that won't stop be respecting yours. :cheers

Stripes
Not firing up mate, too numb this year to fire up about anything to do with our club- thats sounds really bad but it's the most disappointed i have been with the RFC. I must admit, i don't even want us to win any more games this year. I only hope,  like you, that they make the right decision regarding the coach.
You never answered my question though, what proof would you like?  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »
Well North (via Brayshaw) have already spoken to Buckley's manager Craig Kelly. They've also spoken to Longmire's manager and others but Buckley is top of their list according to Brayshaw.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Well North (via Brayshaw) have already spoken to Buckley's manager Craig Kelly. They've also spoken to Longmire's manager and others but Buckley is top of their list according to Brayshaw.

Who says the Tigers haven't?

Just because we aren't conducting our search for a coach via the media doens't we have made phone calls  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »
where's the hardwick thread. still think hes a better option
2 years into a 35 year plan

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
You never answered my question though, what proof would you like?  :thumbsup

Do you mean regarding Buckley? The fact that there is little actual evidence (read first hand observable knowledge of his coaching capabilities in developing players, using tactics and changing them during a game, working under pressure, man managing etc etc) that he has been, and therefore will make a great coach. Any judgement that is made on Buckley has to be made using only the proof you have in front of you which is little to do with how he has coached but more to do with his personality traits and leadership qualities.

With other potential young candidates including Hardwick and Hinkly we have observable evidence of their coaching skills and ability. We may still not know definatively how they will perform as head coach but we have a much better idea of their style, coaching strengths, the way they handle pressure, etc

This is why it remains a big risk to get Buckley, despite his obvious strengths, because it is more unknowns to future with him as coach. We could get a Voss or we could get a Watson.

With Bucks clubs are hoping his leadership qualities, media understanding and impressive knowledge translates into great coaching ability but their is far more unknowns with him than some other potential possibilities.

This is what I mean by proof.  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »
tom hafey as a player never found success , he wasnt even that good of a player

but the best coach we ever had

so all those who say buckley hasnt won a thing yet, so what

he is an elite player and has won respect

in saying that i only want him as coach only if he comes for the right reasons

we must show " due diligence :lol "

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »
tom hafey as a player never found success , he wasnt even that good of a player

but the best coach we ever had

so all those who say buckley hasnt won a thing yet, so what

he is an elite player and has won respect

in saying that i only want him as coach only if he comes for the right reasons

we must show " due diligence :lol "
Did you see him play TT?

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »
did u?

hafey himself has even admitted he wasnt much of a player, though he was a fitness freak

why not ask him yourself