Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427938 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
Loved his hardness yesterday at a stage of the game when some of his more seasoned teamates were going through the motions.

Offline magic17

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:22 PM »
R.Conca... he'll be a gun this kid... in a few years time they'll be comparing him to R.Harvey.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Nice to see the rest has refreshed him a little. Looks like any doubts that were had about him may have just been the result of fatigue. Long season for a young man. Don't think we will be having many Conca v Heppel threads in the future.

Tigermonk

« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:11 AM »

10 year player  :thumbsup

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »

He is but I hope he learns to keep moving when he takes a mark, not look around instinctively.. Campbell must have taught that, the king of stagnant footy.

gerkin greg

« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:59 PM »
one thing about him and its a bit inane, rfc have him listed at 185cm there is not a hope in hell that he is 185cm. height wise looking at him i would classify him a small. having stood next to him i know hes a small.

Aren't you about as tall as Sandilands though the claw?

I thought Concs was about 182-83, good size for an inside mid, slightly bigger than Marc Murphy

Definite upgrade on Foley

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »

He is but I hope he learns to keep moving when he takes a mark, not look around instinctively.. Campbell must have taught that, the king of stagnant footy.

Totally agree TM. Have noticed for a while that he takes to long to move the ball on after a mark or free kick. Been good in his first year though.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »

Totally agree TM. Have noticed for a while that he takes to long to move the ball on after a mark or free kick. Been good in his first year though.

Been caught in possession a few times as well but I agree will learn and the good far far outweighs any negatives.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

Been caught in possession a few times as well but I agree will learn and the good far far outweighs any negatives.

Almost always because he has been far more committed to the ball than those around him.  With experience, he will learn when and how to play those situations smarter but his attitude and desire is first class and he shows more talent in his big toe already than many others around him.  Just another FJ stuff-up I guess.   ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »

Almost always because he has been far more committed to the ball than those around him.  With experience, he will learn when and how to play those situations smarter but his attitude and desire is first class and he shows more talent in his big toe already than many others around him.  Just another FJ stuff-up I guess.   ::)

I was also thinking that too Smokey the way he goes about it and the situations he finds himself in, with experience and better cattle around him he'll be able to avoid the tackler.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »

Almost always because he has been far more committed to the ball than those around him.  With experience, he will learn when and how to play those situations smarter but his attitude and desire is first class and he shows more talent in his big toe already than many others around him.  Just another FJ stuff-up I guess.   ::)

Do you think that we should judge FJ on our 1st round draft picks?
Pick 6 - is that so difficult?
I'd love to see FJ pick up a gun pick in the later rounds even pick 19-20,  like a Fyfe or Callum Ward  :pray

Logic says the harvest of a great recruiter is in the lower rounds and even rookie selections. Freo have a great return on rookies in the past few years - I struggle to think of 1 good win in this draft.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »

Do you think that we should judge FJ on our 1st round draft picks?

Yep, should be judged on every pick and I think his hit rate since going full time and being handed overall responsibility for drafting has been better than most.  Cops an unfair whack from many on here does FJ.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »

I'd love to see FJ pick up a gun pick in the later rounds even pick 19-20,  like a Fyfe or Callum Ward  :pray

Ben Griffiths and Jake Batchelor - watch this space.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
Almost always because he has been far more committed to the ball than those around him.  With experience, he will learn when and how to play those situations smarter but his attitude and desire is first class

Good one Smokey ! and what I've liked about him too is , unlike others ,  he hasn't been phased too much when we're under the pump. He's a kid so he makes a few blues but always seems composed and measured.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Tigermonk

« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

Well Campbell needs addressing by the head coach if thats the case.  Or shown the door because if our players are not executing clean fast flowing football then we will not progress. The game plan will breakdown