Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427897 times)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #600 on: April 25, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »
As long as we never have to hear "navicular" then all good.

Is a navicular stress fracture!!!  poor bugger

Whered you hear that?

Straight off the bat on the footy show.  Was the 1st thing that Lyon said. "in tragic news Conca has a stess fracture of the navicular bone and will be listed as 'indefinite'

im guessing PArrot will be all over it.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: April 25, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »
Footy show had a quick mention that Matty Egan never returned after copping a stress fracture like Conca.

Yeahright don't believe anything the RFC tell you, if they say its a crack prepare for a stress fracture.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #602 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »
Then Bartel said he played last year with it.. lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
Footy show had a quick mention that Matty Egan never returned after copping a stress fracture like Conca.

Yeahright don't believe anything the RFC tell you, if they say its a crack prepare for a stress fracture.

Yeah I know, but the Footy Show isn't what i'd call a valuable source... We'll know in a years time when they forget what lie they told us and tell us the truth

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: April 25, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
Wow that really is terrible news if it is a navicular stress fracture. Especially since the club told us they found out before it got too bad...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #605 on: April 25, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
If the source is the footy show and the bin rat, I'd take it with a grain of salt on a soggy chip
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #606 on: April 25, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
There's been plenty of successful treatments, richo, Hird and Mitch Clark last year.... ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #607 on: April 25, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »
If its the navicular its season over and hopefully not career over... :pray

dwaino

« Reply #608 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »

Only season if they decide to operate. If it's only a hot spot then they can moon boot him but there is always a chance it will go again. It may take more than a month since there is very little blood supply (inb4 all the geniuses pipe in with "hurrdurr the club said 4-6 weeks here we go again"). But due to the biomechanics involved, once you crack it once (or elite athletes) then you're always a massive chance to do it again whether it has been operated on or not.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #609 on: April 25, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »
For memory one Matthew Richardson came back a navicular break quite well  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #610 on: April 25, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
And maybe thats why they said its a 'reaction'  he's jarred up the old injury.

tony_montana

« Reply #611 on: April 25, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »

Only season if they decide to operate. If it's only a hot spot then they can moon boot him but there is always a chance it will go again. It may take more than a month since there is very little blood supply (inb4 all the geniuses pipe in with "hurrdurr the club said 4-6 weeks here we go again). But due to the biomechanics involved, once you crack it once (or elite athletes) then you're always a massive chance to do it again whether it has been operated on or not.

Yep you just wouldnt take the risk. If it flares up again when he hits the track in a few weeks you'd have to do the right thing by him and put him out to pasture for the year you would think. Anyhow, when I saw you mention it earlier this thread I immediately thought Egan...
 He's had his fair share of ankle/foot problems. Incidentally does anyone know if this is the same foot as the one that gave him complications last season and during preseason?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #612 on: April 25, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
If the source is the footy show and the bin rat, I'd take it with a grain of salt on a soggy chip

Exactly did Damo say, "make no mistake Garry this is career threatening". The type of knee jerk reaction he always makes to give him a sense of seriousness and credibility to people who build their houses on sand and who more often that not changes his story numerous times.

Damo has been diagnosed as having GMS syndrome or to the footy fraternity Greg Miller Syndrome.

Miller from 1993 onwards was living on his luck in recruiting Wayne Carey and Damo will always be spruiked by his Channel 9 Triple MMM cohorts as having uncovered the Essendon scandal many years from now as he interviews players who exist controversially both on and off the field to make him seem like a serious mover and shaker whilst players act aloof and are happy to make a few easy gorillas for 10 minutes of their time.

dwaino

« Reply #613 on: April 25, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »
For memory one Matthew Richardson came back a navicular break quite well  ;D

It entirely depends on the type, if there is dislocation, where is the fracture to the navicular body, lateral, forefoot etc.

dwaino

« Reply #614 on: April 25, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

Only season if they decide to operate. If it's only a hot spot then they can moon boot him but there is always a chance it will go again. It may take more than a month since there is very little blood supply (inb4 all the geniuses pipe in with "hurrdurr the club said 4-6 weeks here we go again). But due to the biomechanics involved, once you crack it once (or elite athletes) then you're always a massive chance to do it again whether it has been operated on or not.

Yep you just wouldnt take the risk. If it flares up again when he hits the track in a few weeks you'd have to do the right thing by him and put him out to pasture for the year you would think. Anyhow, when I saw you mention it earlier this thread I immediately thought Egan...
 He's had his fair share of ankle/foot problems. Incidentally does anyone know if this is the same foot as the one that gave him complications last season and during preseason?

Not sure regarding which foot, but about the injury, if it's treated via conservative means (moonboot) then it can take up to 4 months to heal post treatment. It can't always be detected via x-rays and usually takes a pretty good doctor to detect early. So kudos to our medicos if they've diagnosed it before it actually cracks.