Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427904 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #615 on: April 26, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »
For memory one Matthew Richardson came back a navicular break quite well  ;D

It entirely depends on the type, if there is dislocation, where is the fracture to the navicular body, lateral, forefoot etc.

And let's not forget genetics, some just recover well and some don't.
Dwaino do you have any professional knowledge on this or just took personal interest and did your research? Just curious as you seem to have a fair bit of info

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #616 on: April 26, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »

It entirely depends on the type, if there is dislocation, where is the fracture to the navicular body, lateral, forefoot etc.

Dwaino do you have any professional knowledge on this or just took personal interest and did your research? Just curious as you seem to have a fair bit of info
dwaino knows his poo when it comes to feet. Has a fetish and all.  :shh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #617 on: April 26, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

dwaino knows his poo when it comes to feet. Has a fetish and all.  :shh

:lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #618 on: April 26, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Are u a nurse dwaino ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

dwaino

« Reply #619 on: April 26, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »

nope :outtahere

Have a lot of friends and family in everything from nurses, physios, radiologists, AFL and VFL (where they get supported returns from injuries), dieticians, and other stuff and I've just caught on how the body works and what's the deal with certain injuries. I play local footy and have copped my own fair share of injuries so some of it is from experience. Currently trying to get over an upper hamstring tear... physio said 4-6 weeks and it's turning into two months. No bloody idea wish they were upfront  :banghead :banghead ::)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #620 on: April 26, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

Have a lot of friends and family in everything from nurses, physios, radiologists, AFL and VFL (where they get supported returns from injuries), dieticians, and other stuff and I've just caught on how the body works and what's the deal with certain injuries. I play local footy and have copped my own fair share of injuries so some of it is from experience. Currently trying to get over an upper hamstring tear... physio said 4-6 weeks and it's turning into two months. No bloody idea wish they were upfront  :banghead :banghead ::)
older you are the longer it takes to heal. Shouldn't lie about ur on ur application form to the physio :lol

dwaino

« Reply #621 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

older you are the longer it takes to heal. Shouldn't lie about ur on ur application form to the physio :lol

I am 12 and what is this  >:(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:21 PM »
Conca is expected to be sidelined for the next 3-5 weeks with a stress reaction in his right foot.

Source: RFC website

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:08 AM »

Fairo :thumbsup
Goodluck with the hammy, be patient. I wasn't about 5 years ago now and it just hasn't been the same

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: April 30, 2013, 06:49:59 AM »
Conca is expected to be sidelined for the next 3-5 weeks with a stress reaction in his right foot.

Source: RFC website

Very bad news. Hope has a speedy recovery.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:03:58 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

I am 12 and what is this  >:(

Keep telling yourself that.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: April 30, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
Conca confident about return
By richmondfc.com.au
3:51pm AEST Tuesday, April 30, 2013

“It sort of came out of nowhere,” Reece said.

“I just went out to kick a set shot before training on Tuesday, didn’t really feel quite right, so came in, saw the medical staff, and got a precautionary scan.  It showed a bit of a hot spot in the fourth metatarsal.

“It’s a similar injury to what I had last year, but we’ve got it really early, which is great.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-30/conca-confident-about-return

dwaino

« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
By richmondfc.com.au

“I just went out to kick a set shot before training on Tuesday, didn’t really feel quite right, so came in, saw the medical staff, and got a precautionary scan.  It showed a bit of a hot spot in the fourth metatarsal.

“It’s a similar injury to what I had last year, but we’ve got it really early, which is great.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-30/conca-confident-about-return

That's the best news. Will wear a moon boot for a bit and then jump into Foley's crusty harness on the AlterG.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
Yep, take it easy and shouldn't be any complications (touch wood)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
By richmondfc.com.au

That's the best news. Will wear a moon boot for a bit and then jump into Foley's crusty harness on the AlterG.

exactly.....stuff the footy show for making up the rumour that it was a fracture of the navicular....