Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428024 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1065 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
Last year Conca kicked 3 goals in a match twice....Heppell has yet to achieve that feat.

Heppell does average 4 more disposals per match than Conca ....probably because he plays more in defence and gets more junk Bowden- esque style kicks to pump up his stats.

For a third year player Reece is tracking along nicely and is an important cog in the Richmond midfield. He has also shown great loyalty to the tigers despite both WA team sniffing around at the end of the season.

Let's not get hysterical .....Im not losing any sleep over the fact we chose conca over heppell...yet other posters are intent on making it another Tambo/Franklin calamity.
thats just it no ones having a go at reece in fact most of us have said hes going okay. i dont think anyone else is losing sleep over us taking conca.  but if we compare the two to date im sorry heppell wins to date. isnt that what we are currently debating.
yes in conca we got a decent player unlike tambling who was a total bust so there is no comparison.

what can be debated and asked  is did we get the best possible player with pick 6. its a fair question as well,  because at the time of the draft there was plenty of questions about us taking conca at 6 by a lot of people if not most people.

i think you place far to much importance on stats..  Theres that other thing that you fail to see.. its not measured with stats. its called heart..  Conca has it, Morris has it.  Watson has it and zaharakis has it    your show pony types like heppell dont!  The one thing we have drafted into the side in recent times is players with heart..  Go through them, even the ones that havent quite got there have had that thing you never take into account.. Heart!  Heart wins you a Grand Final, show ponies dont..
fair enough reece has been an infinately better player than heppell to date because he has heart. ::) did hppells lack of heart help him win a morrish medal or the rising star award or did it help him finish 2nd in his clubs b&f all this from a bloke with no heart. what has concas so called heart help him achieve to date whats that i hear nothing.
gotta luv the excuses.
people on here would be creaming their pants if we had a player who had achieved what heppell has to date. yep heppell lacks heart  lets just ignore the many acts of courage hes displayed going back with the flight, nope as a skinny kid he pulled out once hes no good.
ill take a bloke who knows how to find it both inside and out, has great awareness,  doesnt panic and has the ability to buy time and use the ball well, defends well, and can run and spread with the best of em. which one of these things is reece doing really well atm.

what is we call people who just refuse to admit they are wrong. cmon who has impacted games more who has literally performed better to date you arent telling me conca has are ya.
jeezus h Geez are we really that petty.
Conca has started much more slowly than Heppell but is reeling him in quickly. Only injury will stop him overtaking him.
What crap!
Didn't Heppell get the same amount of votes in the Brownlow as our star Lids? Not to shabby from a kid in his 3 year. So how the stuff is Reece reeling him in? Get a f$&king clue!
Gets me filthy when idiots have no idea! The same idiots that wear their Tigers jumper around town during cricket season. The same nuffies as they show on the footy show on 'Street Talk'....
If you are going to talk footy at least have some idea. At least have some sort of factual evidence that might back up your opinion. Not just that you like Richmond better than Essendon.
Any person with half a brain can see that Heppell is streets ahead of Conca and almost without a shadow of a doubt will stay that way throughout their careers.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1066 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
the Brownlow

the Brownlow   :clapping

The same idiots that wear their Tigers jumper around town during cricket season.

got suck a sausage Susan

people can where tigers jumpers any time in any part of the world  :police:

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1067 on: December 11, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »
the Brownlow

the Brownlow   :clapping

The same idiots that wear their Tigers jumper around town during cricket season.

got suck a sausage Susan

people can where tigers jumpers any time in any part of the world  :police:
Look forward to seeing you on the Footy Show Judge Redneck

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1068 on: December 11, 2013, 11:22:37 PM »
you struggle with stereotypes don't you   :shh

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1069 on: December 11, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
I struggle with idiots

gerkin greg

« Reply #1070 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
Conca > Heppell > Deledio

dwaino

« Reply #1071 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
dontbmad

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1072 on: December 11, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »
I struggle with idiots

stay away from the house of mirrors then next time your at an amusement park...

you are basing your argument around

a) an award where wowoful (mates with charters....) won, as voted by the highly esteemed umpire fraternity in 2000 ahead of Kouta, West, Ratten, Bradley, Voss, Buckly, McLeod, Carey... in your passionate defence of fellow pretty yellow hair heppell (mates with charters.......

b) people that dont rate conca as vastly inferior, are under the umbrella of cultral and geniticaly 'bogan'.

c) some warped sense of fashion in that one that wears richmond colours at non richmond events is socially unusual (tour de france, lords, bombay, beach...)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1073 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »
Last year Conca kicked 3 goals in a match twice....Heppell has yet to achieve that feat.

Heppell does average 4 more disposals per match than Conca ....probably because he plays more in defence and gets more junk Bowden- esque style kicks to pump up his stats.

For a third year player Reece is tracking along nicely and is an important cog in the Richmond midfield. He has also shown great loyalty to the tigers despite both WA team sniffing around at the end of the season.

Let's not get hy gtsterical .....Im not losing any sleep over the fact we chose conca over heppell...yet other posters are intent on making it another Tambo/Franklin calamity.

thats just it no ones having a go at reece in fact most of us have said hes going okay. i dont think anyone else is losing sleep over us taking conca.  but if we compare the two to date im sorry heppell wins to date. isnt that what we are currently debating.
yes in conca we got a decent player unlike tambling who was a total bust so there is no comparison.

what can be debated and asked  is did we get the best possible player with pick 6. its a fair question as well,  because at the time of the draft there was plenty of questions about us taking conca at 6 by a lot of people if not most people.

i think you place far to much importance on stats..  Theres that other thing that you fail to see.. its not measured with stats. its called heart..  Conca has it, Morris has it.  Watson has it and zaharakis has it    your show pony types like heppell dont!  The one thing we have drafted into the side in recent times is players with heart..  Go through them, even the ones that havent quite got there have had that thing you never take into account.. Heart!  Heart wins you a Grand Final, show ponies dont..
fair enough reece has been an infinately better player than heppell to date because he has heart. ::) did hppells lack of heart help him win a morrish medal or the rising star award or did it help him finish 2nd in his clubs b&f all this from a bloke with no heart. what has concas so called heart help him achieve to date whats that i hear nothing.
gotta luv the excuses.
people on here would be creaming their pants if we had a player who had achieved what heppell has to date. yep heppell lacks heart  lets just ignore the many acts of courage hes displayed going back with the flight, nope as a skinny kid he pulled out once hes no good.
ill take a bloke who knows how to find it both inside and out, has great awareness,  doesnt panic and has the ability to buy time and use the ball well, defends well, and can run and spread with the best of em. which one of these things is reece doing really well atm.

what is we call people who just refuse to admit they are wrong. cmon who has impacted games more who has literally performed better to date you arent telling me conca has are ya.
Conca has started much more slowly than Heppell but is reeling him in quickly. Only injury will stop him overtaking him.
What crap!
Didn't Heppell get the same amount of votes in the Brownlow as our star Lids? Not to shabby from a kid in his 3 year. So how the stuff is Reece reeling him in? Get a f$&king clue!
Gets me filthy when idiots have no idea! The same idiots that wear their Tigers jumper around town during cricket season. The same nuffies as they show on the footy show on 'Street Talk'....
If you are going to talk footy at least have some idea. At least have some sort of factual evidence that might back up your opinion. Not just that you like Richmond better than Essendon.
Any person with half a brain can see that Heppell is streets ahead of Conca and almost without a shadow of a doubt will stay that way throughout their careers.
I think you are a clueless yob. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he is wrong! Conca had a congenital heel problem before he started playing with us. He couldn't train properly and that pushed him back in development. Heppell has had an injury free run since he started so direct comparisons without taking this into account are plain stupid!
So grow up and respect other people's opinions before you mouth off without there being any neural synapsing going on in that head of yours! I am assuming there might be some neurons up there of course!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:50:07 AM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1074 on: December 12, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »
While they are different players I probably rate Heppel slightly ahead of Concs, but not by much. That Concs has been hindered by injury since his debut certainly needs to be taken into account. But then again, durability is an important attribute, so that goes both ways.
I'd probs still take Heppel though if we had a our pick again - just. That could well change after this year though.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1075 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:37 AM »
Heppell's been on the park almost half a season more than Conc's so its a bit hard to compare them at this stage. Right now IMO Heppell is slightly ahead, but if Reece remains injury free, I'm pretty confident he will surpass him by the halfway mark of next season.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1076 on: December 12, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
If you are going to talk footy at least have some idea.

Funny , that's what I was thinking about you as I was reading your post 

It's quite clear to me after reading this comment that you only have half a brain.

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1077 on: December 12, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
This is all getting very Big Footyish.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1078 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

Let's not get hy gtsterical .....Im not losing any sleep over the fact we chose conca over heppell...yet other posters are intent on making it another Tambo/Franklin calamity.

gotta luv the excuses.

What crap!
I think you are a clueless yob. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he is wrong! Conca had a congenital heel problem before he started playing with us. He couldn't train properly and that pushed him back in development. Heppell has had an injury free run since he started so direct comparisons without taking this into account are plain stupid!
So grow up and respect other people's opinions before you mouth off without there being any neural synapsing going on in that head of yours! I am assuming there might be some neurons up there of course!
I'm hardly a yob. What I hate is when people like you  say a statement without any follow up to back it up. Claw says some stuff that sometimes we all don't agree with but at least he will give an explanation to why he thinks it.
So to prove me wrong, can you explain how you think Conca is reeling Heppell in quickly? A statement like that should come with a bit of an explanation. Some facts or something you can pin to your opinion. I'll grow some respect for people's/your posts, as you put it, when IMO they deserve it. You earn it you don't just get it because you puts some words on a forum.
By the way, my post wasn't totally directed at you, I just get frustrated having to sift through so much crap  on here these days.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1079 on: December 12, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
seeing as you are heppels biggest fan why dont you provide us with some facts?

hard ball gets
1%ers
clearances
inside 50s
goals
2nd efforts
squib ratio

etc.

sorry i forgot brownlow votes