Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427883 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: January 11, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
FFS, give the guy a break!
It's his first proper preseason since he has arrived at the club.
It is not his fault we picked him ahead of Heppell.
He is a tiger and we should support him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1381 on: January 11, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
If Reese is fastest at the club over 20m the other guys need to pull their fingers out
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1382 on: January 11, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »
If he gets a full pre season and games under his belt in 2015 then look out.
(Look out because he will be having that break out season we've been waiting for or look out Reese because the natives will come after you ;D)
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1383 on: January 11, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
He was real good in 2013
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: January 11, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
Hoping with finally a full preseason behind him (touchwood), we'll see more speed and burst like this from Reece this year.
Quickest 20m sprint in pre-season training so far  :shh

Great news. Amazing what one can do with peak fitness. Hope it transitions into the season proper..

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1385 on: January 11, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
He was real good in 2013
who conca. hes never been real good apart from the odd game once or twice a yr. hes been very average at best and he would want to have a real good yr this yr.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: January 11, 2015, 02:26:00 PM »
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO. And that's saying something. If he was drafted  at pick 40 in his draft he wouldn't have played many games IMO. And one more poor season would see him off the list. He has been that bad. We use him as a tagger FFS.
We made a MASSIVE mistake in wasting pick 6 on him. All the preseasons in the world isn't going to change his natural instinct of sh/7ing his nest every time he gets the footy.
I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1387 on: January 11, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
At this stage my main hope for Conca is that Fremantle or West Coast will still think he's worth something come next trade period.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: January 11, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO. And that's saying something. If he was drafted  at pick 40 in his draft he wouldn't have played many games IMO. And one more poor season would see him off the list. He has been that bad. We use him as a tagger FFS.
We made a MASSIVE mistake in wasting pick 6 on him. All the preseasons in the world isn't going to change his natural instinct of sh/7ing his nest every time he gets the footy.
All fair points.  Never player big league myself, just inter high school stuff.  Had a soft tissue injury one year and found it difficult to play at 50% of my already reduced ability.
All I am saying is he came to the club with foot spurs and couldn't train for two consecutive years. Then he tore his hamstring off the bone and could train again. This time he has got his body right and has absolutely no excuses. If he has a poor year I would look at trading him if we are offered something good in exchange - even a second round pick.
However, in the mean time he has my full support. He gave up an offer to go west too as he loves the team and that gives him extra brownie points!!
Is that reasonable bt?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: January 11, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO.

With respect this is one of the more overstated posts I've read in some time.
Conca isn't Heppell but he's not been 's***house'.
That's pure trolling.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: January 11, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »
I'd like to see a fit Reece Conca starting against Carlton in a few months time. He's had detractors but he has never been fit.
Whether that's due to s lack of disciple or poor luck with injuries - 2015 should be a more definitive test of his talent.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »
All fair points.  Never player big league myself, just inter high school stuff.  Had a soft tissue injury one year and found it difficult to play at 50% of my already reduced ability.
All I am saying is he came to the club with foot spurs and couldn't train for two consecutive years. Then he tore his hamstring off the bone and could train again. This time he has got his body right and has absolutely no excuses. If he has a poor year I would look at trading him if we are offered something good in exchange - even a second round pick.
However, in the mean time he has my full support. He gave up an offer to go west too as he loves the team and that gives him extra brownie points!!
Is that reasonable bt?
As I said YBB I do respect you for your support of our Tigers. I just say it as I see it. And I don't rate Reece at all. I hope he kills it for the clubs sake but IMO Reece is just another one of FJ mistakes. I don't rate Griffiths as you know and don't think much of Astbury either. Both need to put up or stop wasting spots on our lists. I cannot stand to watch big blokes like those two tackling with their arms and not their bodies. Both seem more interested in not getting hurt.... At least Reece has a go.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1392 on: January 11, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO.

With respect this is one of the more overstated posts I've read in some time.
Conca isn't Heppell but he's not been 's***house'.
That's pure trolling.
I'm not trolling, I just don't rate Reece.
He fumbles, cannot kick and doesn't really contribute much. So IMO he is s***house.
Can you tell me anything he does that is better than average?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1393 on: January 11, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »
Is that reasonable bt?
As I said YBB I do respect you for your support of our Tigers. I just say it as I see it. And I don't rate Reece at all. I hope he kills it for the clubs sake but IMO Reece is just another one of FJ mistakes. I don't rate Griffiths as you know and don't think much of Astbury either. Both need to put up or stop wasting spots on our lists. I cannot stand to watch big blokes like those two tackling with their arms and not their bodies. Both seem more interested in not getting hurt.... At least Reece has a go.
and yet you support that squib vickery. go figure. and im not having a shot at you either. you can see the obvious weaknesses in some or most but put blinkers on with others, i do ithe same also but i wont give em as long as you have given vickery.

your right about  reece as you are with most of our players, hes is a wasted top 10 pick the lack of awareness and the panic attacks means at best we have an average player. this is not bagging or bitching as some will try to paint it. its calling it as one sees it.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1394 on: January 11, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »
Some guys train their ass off but as a resukt can only turn in a hamdful of good games a tear.

He is one of them.
Caracella and Balmey.