Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427920 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1455 on: April 03, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
It's better for the development of the list that he be made to earn his spot.
His halcyon days of glowing expectations have passed.
I'd want the same team as last night to go into the next game but if lids the 'tard
Gets suspended then your mate,wil get a call up.
Again, not through form but rather misfortune.

FMD.
Caracella and Balmey.

No More

« Reply #1456 on: April 03, 2015, 11:00:23 PM »
Conca and Vickery should be traded out at the end of the year IMHO.

tony_montana

« Reply #1457 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »

I have little doubt that if every player was made to legitimately earn their spot there would also be a lot less vitriol from the fans towards certain players too.

If Vickery went back to the reserves and kicked multiple bags each week, dominated no-one would begrudge him another chance bc he's worked for it.

It's this rubbish walk right back into the team mantra ala Newman that peees off the average punter.

Gigantor

« Reply #1458 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:40 AM »
Tony if rance or cotchin were out injured for say 3 weeks,do you think they should come back through the ressies too?

tony_montana

« Reply #1459 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
Tony if rance or cotchin were out injured for say 3 weeks,do you think they should come back through the ressies too?

3 weeks no, but there is a trigger point. What that is I don't know but you'd think with 14+ weeks out a player, any player would need a run in the two's

Gigantor

« Reply #1460 on: April 04, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
I think anything more than 6 weeks probably warrants a run in the twos unless you're Royce hart

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1461 on: April 04, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
We're is this guy at a pick 6 still struggling to make the team and showing bugger all.
Out because of hamstring soreness.
or was it lousy preseason. no way you could pick him in front of lambert.

we have to stop playing ordinary blokes on name or where they were drafted.

I like Lambert and have for a few years but come on claw, Conca every day of the week in all areas of the game.
i  disagree. conca has at no stage ever done enough to say hay im an automatic selection,  based on preseason lambert should easily have got a game in front of him and others.
imo it would not be hard for a player like lambert to give at the least what conca has given us. one thing i know for sure lambert has awareness and makes good footy decisions and uses the ball well.

while im critical of conca im not as harsh on him as ox and a few others. im happy to see him in the team but only when he earns it. i think hes a foot soldier nothing special and a wasted top 10 pick.but as people tell me we need foot soldiers they cant all be super stars.

His halcyon days of glowing expectations have passed.
I'd want the same team as last night to go into the next game but if lids the 'tard
Gets suspended then your mate,wil get a call up.
Again, not through form but rather misfortune.

FMD.

here here ox.
disagree about the same team though. gordon, morris, newman grigg all in the gun for me. surely if we have real aspirations on top 4 we are at a stage where we say poor performances have repurcussions and wont be tolerated.
deledio will be suspended good record likely 1 week. drop newman and gordon. bring in lambert , c ellis, and conca/knights.

the one im all for gifting some games too  is mckenzie.  two reasons why. if something happens to riewoldt or griffiths we need to play a tall fwd in their place, atm mckenzie looks the most likely of him and mcbean of physically handling afl.  2nd reason is  im over vickery we need to look elsewhere imo. another reason is im one who thinks 3 tall fwds  is the way to go. bit easier on a kid like mckenzie to have riewoldt and griffiths around him to take pressure off.

I have little doubt that if every player was made to legitimately earn their spot there would also be a lot less vitriol from the fans towards certain players too.

If Vickery went back to the reserves and kicked multiple bags each week, dominated no-one would begrudge him another chance bc he's worked for it.

It's this rubbish walk right back into the team mantra ala Newman that peees off the average punter.
yep totally agree, if vickery had played  enough good footy  while playing seniors you could make a case for him walking straight back in as well. thing is he hasnt.
imo the reason he did get a lot of games was because of the lack of other viable options. this remains a big problem for us.

trouble is there isnt enough quality in these positions and we just cant win without these blokes in the team. not against teams above and around us anyway.you only need look at what happened last yr when rance maric and deledio missed.they dont have much option but to rush em back from injury.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1462 on: April 11, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
Need him back ASAP. He provides what we are missing, contested ball around the stoppages, tackles and run.

Gigantor

« Reply #1463 on: April 11, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »
Reece provides that machine?

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1464 on: April 11, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
That's what I see....beer goggles?

Seriously, I do think we miss him around the ball.

Gigantor

« Reply #1465 on: April 11, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
TO be honest machine he certainly wouldn't have done any worse than the pea brains running around there today..

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1466 on: April 11, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
One of the advantages the RFC has is, when it needs to replace a turd with a turd -They can!
Caracella and Balmey.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1467 on: April 11, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
Agreed. 

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1468 on: April 11, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
TO be honest machine he certainly wouldn't have done any worse than the pea brains running around there today..

U kidding right?

He'd have been the same as them.
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #1469 on: April 11, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »
LOL  turd fo ra turd is a magnificent comment..kudos