Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427897 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Reece Conca [update]
« Reply #2205 on: July 10, 2016, 07:22:53 PM »
I would be playing Griffiths and McBean before Hampson

I would even play Vickery in the ruck for the rest of the year before Hamspud....seriously...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2206 on: July 10, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »
For me his lack of of awareness  just kills him too often.Also the dumb idiotic free kicks keep on happening.
This guy is never going to be anything more than a b/c grader.He aint as bad as a lot make him out to be but he is nothing special either.
He is one i would clearly look to be trading out of the club. You never know another club may still see a bit of upside and get us back into the second round.

tony_montana

« Reply #2207 on: July 10, 2016, 08:19:37 PM »
For me his lack of of awareness  just kills him too often.Also the dumb idiotic free kicks keep on happening.
This guy is never going to be anything more than a b/c grader.He aint as bad as a lot make him out to be but he is nothing special either.
He is one i would clearly look to be trading out of the club. You never know another club may still see a bit of upside and get us back into the second round.

100% agree. Hes not as bad as some make out, but he'll also never be anything more than an average run of the mill mid you can find later in the draft. If the rumour is true about conca for longer - I'd do it without hesitating pending a successful medical on Longers head

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2208 on: July 10, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »

100% agree. Hes not as bad as some make out, but he'll also never be anything more than an average run of the mill mid you can find later in the draft. If the rumour is true about conca for longer - I'd do it without hesitating pending a successful medical on Longers head
What Longer rumour?.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2209 on: July 10, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »

What Longer rumour?.

According to Sporting Pulse, the Saints have asked for a direct swap - Longer for Conca.

Not sure how accurate it is though.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2210 on: July 11, 2016, 05:38:37 AM »
Yes pls
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2211 on: July 11, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
Yes pls

Straight swap please.......Saints would need to arrange something better then that :whistle Longer is struggling in the seconds with young Soldo touching him up early this year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2212 on: July 11, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
Yes pls

Straight swap please.......Saints would need to arrange something better then that :whistle Longer is struggling in the seconds with young Soldo touching him up early this year.

true i forgot how pivotal conca has been for us in his career.

I would take a used tampon for the dud.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2213 on: July 11, 2016, 03:43:25 PM »
Let's just have one mega thread, the theme is all the same.
:lol

I am not talking about the 50 meters or the free kicks, I am talking about how bad he is, he is too slow, cant read the play. he is a mile behind it.

Must be gone at years end.
LMAO, thats what every one is saying about about hampson and you are swinging off his nuts like he is in brownlow form.

flabbergasting, much

I have said Hampson is doing what he has to, he is doing a good job, as I have said before, he is not the long term answer but at the moment he is all we have. I hope that settles it for you once and for all.
No it's not good enough! How could you even think this is when I for one thought you to be less of an apologist than most. You may be right about Batchelor but your way off the mark here. Just because he's the only option doesn't mean that he doesn't need to do more than just tap the ball. It's unacceptable and mediocre to suggest he's doing a good job as he just isn't doing enough and what he is doing is still substandard, pathetic & dumb.
Your beginning to sound like Bojo when discussing this Spud.

Who in the team can do better???? So much bagging of him with absolutely no alternative suggestion.
That's a seperate issue that highlights the ineptitude of the whole footy department including list management, recruiting & coaching staff.
The fact that no one could do better at this moment doesn't change that fact that the Spud is just a crap player despite his "improvement".

He is the best we have at the moment whichever way you look at it and thats it.

That would be all good if thats what Tigiritis was talking about.

I doubt the point could be put forward any better and you respond with a totally irrelevant comment?

Its the doing his job part that is WTF?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2214 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »
AFL umpires boss Hayden Kennedy has ticked off the Reece Conca decision and raised concerns some fans and commentators don’t fully understand the prior opportunity rule.

Conca was pinged in the tense final quarter on Saturday night for making no attempt to dispose of the ball, which prompted discussion by Channel Seven commentators and widespread condemnation on social media.

The critics of the decision said Conca had no prior opportunity before he was pinged for holding the ball.

But AFL rules state that if there’s no prior opportunity, the player must “genuinely attempt” to dispose of the ball, which Conca didn’t.

AFL rule 15.2.3 (b) states: “Where the field umpire is satisfied that a player in possession of the football ... has not had a prior opportunity to dispose of the football, the field umpire shall award a free kick against that player if, upon being correctly tackled, the player does not correctly dispose or genuinely attempt to correctly dispose of the football after being given a reasonable opportunity to do so.”

still the umps fault or perhaps dimwit and cunca dont understand the game, which wouldnt be a surprise.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2215 on: July 11, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »
AFL umpires boss Hayden Kennedy has ticked off the Reece Conca decision and raised concerns some fans and commentators don’t fully understand the prior opportunity rule.

Conca was pinged in the tense final quarter on Saturday night for making no attempt to dispose of the ball, which prompted discussion by Channel Seven commentators and widespread condemnation on social media.

The critics of the decision said Conca had no prior opportunity before he was pinged for holding the ball.

But AFL rules state that if there’s no prior opportunity, the player must “genuinely attempt” to dispose of the ball, which Conca didn’t.

AFL rule 15.2.3 (b) states: “Where the field umpire is satisfied that a player in possession of the football ... has not had a prior opportunity to dispose of the football, the field umpire shall award a free kick against that player if, upon being correctly tackled, the player does not correctly dispose or genuinely attempt to correctly dispose of the football after being given a reasonable opportunity to do so.”

still the umps fault or perhaps dimwit and cunca dont understand the game, which wouldnt be a surprise.
The question remains though, without prior opportunity, how can a player correctly dispose of a ball which is held to him by another player. A correct disposal is a kick or a handball. Neither can be done when the ball is held to your chest by another player.......... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2216 on: July 11, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »
Is Hayden Kennedy going to enforce that decision all the time is he? I doubt it. It gets paid 1 in 100 times and it should be less.
The 'unrealistic' call on Cotchin was wrong too, he nearly marked the darn thing.
For the same thing to happen to Cotchin 2 minutes later, and no call, shows what a bunch of cheating mongrels they are.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2217 on: July 12, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »
Conca is an undisciplined princess.

It is not the first time he has been penalised for this kind of crap,
in fact he has done it his whole career.

I don't understand why anyone is defending him.

The little idiot always tries to waste time giving the ball over and this time he
got pinged.

Long live the iceberg!
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2218 on: July 12, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
Don't think they are defending Conca more having a go at a terrible umpire call that came at a pivotal time in the match.

As one article said lets bring in the league wriggling worm into our game

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2219 on: July 12, 2016, 08:30:01 AM »
Don't think they are defending Conca more having a go at a terrible umpire call that came at a pivotal time in the match.

As one article said lets bring in the league wriggling worm into our game
  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.