Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by crackertiger on Today at 07:28:12 PM »
Someone needs to step up and call the situation out. I am sick of this club being week. Honestly, how 4 umpires missed that sling tackle was a joke. And I have to wonder why the AFL itself hasn't looked into these blatant discrepancies themselves. How can they not know...
« Last post by eliminator on Today at 07:26:20 PM »
Walker did the same thing to Dustin years ago and was reported. What is just as disgraceful was Hipwood struck Vlastuin and Vlastuin strikes back and the free goes against Vlastuin.  The umpire was either incredibly stupid or just plain biased
Richmond Rant / Re: A little perspective…
« Last post by Hart4Jack on Today at 07:21:34 PM »
Let’s go back to round 15 , 2011 - it was Dimma’s 37th game as senior coach.

Richmond played Carlton and we got belted by 103 points .

That Richmond team contained
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Rance
Martin
Edwards
Grigg
Houlli

It also contained players who a few years later played in September for us
Deledio
Newman
Griffiths
King
Vickery

Yze needs time and a major change in luck when it come to injuries which has been nothing short of catastrophic. He also access to elite talent via the draft . He needs to move on the dead wood , some of which have multiple premiership medallions . There isn’t a coach in the AFL who could guide this team to victory at the moment.

How is he supposed to coach when there is no continuity at selection.

This year should come with an asterisk **

Well said mat. :thumbsup
« Last post by one-eyed on Today at 07:15:26 PM »
The MRO round up. Hipwood surely likely to be suspended for his dump tackle with both of Vlastuin’s arms pinned.

https://x.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1792086977749385526

Yet the ump paid HTB  ::).
Richmond Rant / Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Last post by one-eyed on Today at 07:14:13 PM »
Goals in first 20 AFL games

Luke Bruest 33.20
Michael Walters 31.14
NOAH CUMBERLAND 29.21
Tom Papley 29.15
Charlie Cameron 25.24
Bayley Fritsch 17.12
Gary Rohan 17.6
Jamie Elliott 16.18

#talkingtigers

https://x.com/bostontiger35/status/1792009472455696395
« Last post by one-eyed on Today at 07:13:14 PM »
https://x.com/TroutWoodend/status/1791819402301808903

Rankine .... 24.2m (17 steps) = ran too far.
Sharp ....... 22.3m (17 steps) = play on.
VFL Round 8: Post-Match

VFL Coach Steve Morris speaks following the Round 8 loss to Sandringham.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1558569/vfl-round-8-post-match
Zebras dominate VFL Tigers

By Richmond Media
19 May 2024

Richmond VFL suffered a challenging defeat against Sandringham, with the Zebras securing a commanding 110-point victory at Trevor Barker Oval on Sunday.

The Tigers, with only four AFL-listed players among them, started promisingly, kicking the opening goal in the first 90 seconds of the match.

Sandringham responded assertively by claiming the next three goals of the first term.

The pattern repeated in the second quarter, with Jacob Koschitzke notching the first major for Richmond, only to be countered by three consecutive goals from the opposition.

Although Koschitzke added another goal, Sandringham dominated the term, adding five goals to their scoreline.

Injuries continued to impact the Tigers in the first half, with AFL-listed player Sam Naismith leaving the ground due to a suspected ACL injury, followed by Austin Johnson's withdrawal after a heavy collision.

Sandringham increased their dominance in the second half, preventing Richmond from scoring and ultimately securing a resounding 110-point victory.

Despite the loss, Richmond's vice-captains Joel Garner and Chad Harris exhibited impressive performances.

Garner showcased solidity in the backline, accumulating 19 disposals and seven marks, earning him the Pat Cronin Medal as the Tigers' best on ground.

Harris contributed significantly with 21 touches, displaying consistent commitment and effort.

Kaleb Smith, unaffected by his travel from Brisbane as Richmond’s AFL emergency, delivered a standout performance at half-back, finishing the game with a team-high 22 disposals.

Jacob Koschitzke also looked lively throughout the match and displayed unwavering effort.

The match served as Pat's Match, supporting the Pat Cronin Foundation in their campaign against coward punches.

Looking ahead, Richmond VFL anticipates a special occasion as they face Essendon in the Dreamtime curtain raiser at the MCG next week.

Sandringham 20.14 134 def. Richmond 3.6 24

Goalkickers: Koschitzke (2), George

Best: Garner, Smith, Harris, Koschitzke

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1558687/zebras-dominate-vfl-tigers
« Last post by JP Tiger on Today at 06:51:25 PM »
I barrack for Richmond.  I have barracked for Richmond since 1969.  I will always barrack for Richmond.  You have to be pretty mentally tough to barrack for Richmond.  I've had ups & downs barracking for Richmond, that's football for ya!   

I've had the time of my life barracking for Richmond.  If you aren't up to it then just go away ...   

« Last post by skiddymcghee on Today at 06:17:23 PM »
Absolutely right. The "nay-sayers" on these forums have very short memories.

Yeah, its tough to watch, but take a little out of someone's development each game.

Things can turn around very quickly...read Sydney game in 2016.

We need to nail the next 2-3 drafts & smart trades.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10