Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99566 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2021, 03:17:12 PM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy:

Gold Coast interested. Richmond will fight tooth and nail to keep Coleman-Jones. He is worth something substantial. Scuttlebutt is GWS offered a first round pick for CCJ last year. So what is he going to be worth if he keeps kicking goals like this?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/rival-clubs-circling-tigers-young-guns!803346

Trade for green, with pick swaps or whatever.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »
Why trade, we need him, let’s keep him, the only thing is he may demand bigger $ than we are prepared to pay....and all after 1 game (this year)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2021, 05:53:23 PM »
This wont go down well. Yep cannot ask for more in just game two.  4 goals and he worked hard with out the ball.
Just think there are things  he needs to work on and who's to say he wont.

People will say what drugs are you on but im not 100% sold he will become a top flight key forward. Yep the bloke has just kicked 4 goals in his second game but i think he looks more suited to a ruck role.
Yep maybe i do need some drugs and just enjoy the game he played a bit more.

Like all KP players at his age has room for improvement just like Balta or the King brothers.They hit there peake at 25 to 27 to hard to please Claw after one game.

Priority to sign him asap and we're crazy if we entertain a trade with Jack towards the end he is the perfect teacher for CCJ KP players don't grow on trees like midfielders.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2021, 08:40:16 PM »
Norf fans wanting CCJ  :wallywink.

Quote from: Ricky Mangidis
I've seen enough, North go offer Coleman-Jones lots of years at lots of money #AFLTigersCrows
Quote from: Dale Wood
Just texted similar to my north group. A decent offer. Get him in pre season draft
https://twitter.com/rickm18/status/1398881107379060745

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2021, 11:14:54 PM »
We can always get him back after they fold.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2021, 04:38:37 AM »
Norf fans wanting CCJ  :wallywink.

Quote from: Ricky Mangidis
I've seen enough, North go offer Coleman-Jones lots of years at lots of money #AFLTigersCrows
Quote from: Dale Wood
Just texted similar to my north group. A decent offer. Get him in pre season draft
https://twitter.com/rickm18/status/1398881107379060745
He sa to be a must keep, we spend 3 years developing him he is a required player then we let him go??

Just doesn’t make sense to me

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2021, 07:05:50 AM »
This wont go down well. Yep cannot ask for more in just game two.  4 goals and he worked hard with out the ball.
Just think there are things  he needs to work on and who's to say he wont.

People will say what drugs are you on but im not 100% sold he will become a top flight key forward. Yep the bloke has just kicked 4 goals in his second game but i think he looks more suited to a ruck role.
Yep maybe i do need some drugs and just enjoy the game he played a bit more.

Like all KP players at his age has room for improvement just like Balta or the King brothers.They hit there peake at 25 to 27 to hard to please Claw after one game.

Priority to sign him asap and we're crazy if we entertain a trade with Jack towards the end he is the perfect teacher for CCJ KP players don't grow on trees like midfielders.

Totally agree. I remember Jack took time to develop and he had the benefit of Richo to teach him.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2021, 02:05:18 PM »
Would like to keep CCJ, however chances are high he along with Chol could leave for greater opportunities. Young Samson Ryan is tracking beautifully and may well take over both next year anyway. Should they leave get the best player or pick the other way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2021, 12:10:01 AM »
Why prized trade target should stick with Tigers

Jack Watts learnt a valuable lesson in his AFL career that Callum Coleman-Jones should heed when he considers big money offers from rival clubs.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/purefooty/kfc-superfooty-tv-michael-warner-jay-clark-and-jack-watts-preview-round-12/news-story/85b2aea08cfd4dd47743cf5e4cfb3f5c

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2021, 10:39:34 PM »
Like his work once the ball hits the deck for such a big man to go along with his strong aerial ability. Another very promising game  :thumbsup

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2021, 10:42:05 PM »
Like his work once the ball hits the deck for such a big man to go along with his strong aerial ability. Another very promising game  :thumbsup

Good point here. Shame he shanked that last shot, got too close to the man on the mark imo.

Another solid game.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2021, 11:00:16 PM »
Ruckwork got better later in the game to.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2021, 11:15:36 PM »
Again looking for positives  :-\.

Liking CCJ's down the line contesting. Took some crucial contested marks on the wing that turned defence into attacks. Something we lacked before he came back into the side. He also kicked a couple of goals so he's contributing and should keep his spot in the side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2021, 04:41:12 AM »
Dimma said CJ and Lynch can play in the same side. 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2021, 06:30:05 AM »
Under no circumstances we let this kid go his building nicely only  21 so much upside priority he signs.