Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99569 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »
Dimma said CJ and Lynch can play in the same side.

Drop Riewoldt

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Must sign asap. Our next 10 year key forward.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2021, 11:23:35 AM »

Drop Riewoldt

Both Lynch and Coleman-Jones can play CHF and FF with Jack playing of HFF
Allow Dusty and other mids to rotate through forward line and leave 2 permanent smalls to apply pressure such as a ........... insert here.

Surely both CCJ and Lynch can provide relief ruck at stages through the game.

We need to evolve from the dominant forward option and move ahead of the game or we'll be left behind
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2021, 12:20:30 PM »
Lynch playing ruck probably resulted in his knee issue.  Not one of Dimma's smartest ideas

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2021, 01:31:09 PM »

Drop Riewoldt

Lmao...he's still our best key forward by a mile..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2021, 10:04:44 PM »
This wont go down well. Yep cannot ask for more in just game two.  4 goals and he worked hard with out the ball.
Just think there are things  he needs to work on and who's to say he wont.

People will say what drugs are you on but im not 100% sold he will become a top flight key forward. Yep the bloke has just kicked 4 goals in his second game but i think he looks more suited to a ruck role.
Yep maybe i do need some drugs and just enjoy the game he played a bit more.

Like all KP players at his age has room for improvement just like Balta or the King brothers.They hit there peake at 25 to 27 to hard to please Claw after one game.

Priority to sign him asap and we're crazy if we entertain a trade with Jack towards the end he is the perfect teacher for CCJ KP players don't grow on trees like midfielders.

Not having a got him georgies im just not sure he is a KPF. Could be totally wrong but he seems to lack a bit of  agility a bit of leap and off the mark speed. I think these things are real important for key forwards.With some more genuine size and strength i see him more as a ruckman sort of a bit like sam Jacobs.He no doubt has a great pair of dukes and i think he would make a very good around the ground ruckman.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »
Does CJ have the tank like Cox to be an all over the ground ruckman?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2021, 06:24:06 AM »
Balmey said we're not playing CCJ in the ruck as we like him up forward with Lynch out.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2021, 06:59:32 AM »
Balmey said we're not playing CCJ in the ruck as we like him up forward with Lynch out.

100% agree with that.No one can yet explain why CCJ wasn't in the forward line with Jack in that last quarter was it poor coaching or something else I'm still baffled he was taking marks.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
I want to see Lynch, Jack, CCJ and Nank in the same team.

I think it can work.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
Coleman-Jones has been particularly impressive filling in for injured dual premiership star key forward Tom Lynch throughout the past three games.

He has kicked eight goals and is averaging 11.3 disposals, 8.3 contested possessions, 4.7 marks, 2.7 contested marks, 2.3 marks inside 50 and 6.0 score involvements per match.

The 22-year-old is ranked fourth in the competition for contested marks per game, seventh for goals per game and 16th for marks inside 50 per game.

“I think we’ve all been sitting back thinking how the hell can we fit this bloke in,” Balme said.

“He’s a damn good player . . . beautiful mark, competes really well.

“We probably haven’t played him in the ruck as much as we will ultimately, but that’s a bit because I think the coaches like him up forward because he is really quite dangerous, particularly with no “Lynchy” (Tom Lynch).

“He’s very exciting, I think.

“Our challenge is going to be how we fit them all in . . . the ‘bigs’ with the ‘smalls’, and make it all work, particularly if Lynchy and “Nank” (Toby Nankervis) are available soon.

“We’ve got some really good challenging decision to make, but it’s good to have them.”

Balme believes the Tigers can successfully fit Coleman-Jones, Lynch and Riewoldt all together in the line-up.

“I’m old-fashioned, I like ruckmen, I like big blokes to be out there. So, I think it can work,” he said.

“I think we understand what our system needs, and our blokes will make the right decisions around that . . .”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/959429/coleman-jones-gets-balme-s-stamp-of-approval

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2021, 08:36:59 PM »
Cal Twomey and Mitch Cleary discussing CCJ:

So many takers including Gold Coast.

He'd be silly to make a decision until Lynch comes back and he sees how it goes with himself, Riewoldt and Lynch in the same side.

Signing of Harry McKay will make clubs seek out the next best forward and so they will be even more keen on Coleman-Jones.

21 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/news/632152/trade-edition-will-shai-stay-what-s-stopping-star-don-from-re-signing-

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2021, 09:31:19 PM »
Priority signing for us with Jack getting on and Lynch having the yips. Couldn't possibly drop him on form. Try all 3 together!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2021, 05:05:22 PM »
Media guessing again.

Callum Coleman-Jones

Another Tiger who could be on the move, the key forward forced his way into Richmond’s best 22 in Round 11 and hasn’t looked back.

Largely benefiting from Tom Lynch’s absence, Coleman-Jones has booted eight goals from three matches. He is believed to be a figure of interest for rival clubs, particularly because of a lack of tall prospects in this year’s national draft.

It will be tough for Richmond to retain all their players, particularly someone like the 22-year old Coleman-Jones who will be tempted by a bigger contract and more money elsewhere. Could he be the next fringe Tiger to head to Gold Coast, following Oleg Markov and others?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-2021-free-agents-players-with-most-at-stake-contracts-trade-targets-adam-cerra-shai-bolton-mason-cox/news-story/cd8d400535e569b1ddbba9598b4b3602

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2021, 05:58:30 PM »
After a couple of years waiting for a second chance, Callum Coleman-Jones has performed well in the absence of star forward Lynch.

The 200cm 22-year-old kicked four goals against Adelaide in Round 11 - his first outing since 2019 - and has tallied eight majors and 19 marks in four games so far this season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/30/the-players-at-your-club-who-have-taken-their-opportunity/

The question this week is can CJ play in the same team alongside Lynch and Jack?