Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99566 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »
i think Cornes is actually right for once.

we have butchered this totally if he leaves and i dont give a stuff about the pick we get in return. Jack is finished and the end is very close, and Lynch well we know what we get with him. One of those guys gets injured who do we have? George, Caddy  :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2021, 09:02:39 AM »
Realistically what could we expect to get in return.
Gold Coast have picks 3,19,22,43,55,58.
I think he’s worth way more than 43, maybe if we bundled in one of our third round picks fir there 22 or a future second round pick.
Either or would be around the mark I would have thought?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2021, 01:04:03 PM »
Realistically what could we expect to get in return.
Gold Coast have picks 3,19,22,43,55,58.
I think he’s worth way more than 43, maybe if we bundled in one of our third round picks fir there 22 or a future second round pick.
Either or would be around the mark I would have thought?

I'd ask for 19 (21 after bids at least).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2021, 01:07:39 PM »
"I say, Callum Coleman-Jones owes the Tigers."

Caroline Wilson believes the young Tiger needs reminding that the club stood by him last year after the hub breach, when deciding where he plays next season.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1437392105262002181

Caro:
- CCJ's manager needs to give him better advice.
- CCJ owes the Club. His kebab incident cost Richmond $100k.

Agree with Caro, CCJ owes us for sticking by him after last year's kebab stuff up

And BTW Caro it cost us more than $100k. Somethings and some people don't come with a price tag  :shh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 01:52:35 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2021, 01:50:31 PM »
Sam Edmund on SEN just now:

* Richmond desperately trying to keep CCJ with a two-year deal. However, the situation at Richmond will not change next year. CCJ will still be behind Riewoldt & Lynch in Richmond's forward line and Nankervis in the ruck.

* Edmund believes CCJ is more likely to leave and go to North Melbourne.

* Not too many players who have played just 9 games in 4 years think they owe their club. Edmund said he has no problem if CCJ decides to play elsewhere for greater opportunity.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2021, 02:01:53 PM »
North is the worst case scenario as they have the upper hand with their 1st pick in the pre season draft.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »
Got no problem with him leaving but walking into the PSD after everything that's happened would be a total dog act.... :thumbsdown
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
Agree but its an absolute possibility

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2021, 02:49:03 PM »
RICHMOND TALL WEIGHING UP DEPARTURE TO RIVAL VICTORIAN CLUB

BY SEN
14 September 2021

Rising Richmond star Callum Coleman-Jones is weighing up his future with the club with North Melbourne the likely landing spot if he chooses to leave.

SEN Chief Reporter Sam Edmund is reporting that Coleman-Jones’ decision could be made as soon as today.

The 22-year-old has played nine career games since being selected in the 2017 National Draft, eight of which came this season.

“This morning was a very important morning for Richmond and Callum Coleman-Jones,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“The ruck-forward has been agonising over his future. Richmond has dug in and tried their best to keep him, it’s a two-year offer on the table.

“There is a feeling that he has decided not to take that offer. The big decisions are coming today on this.

“Gold Coast has been really interested and North Melbourne as well. They’re the two suitors for Callum Coleman-Jones.

“He’s had to be very patient and has played nine games in four years. Toby Nankervis is still there, Ivan Soldo comes back from injury, Jack Riewoldt has re-signed, Tom Lynch isn’t going anywhere.

“So it’s real decision time for a young, emerging player who just wants to play.”

Edmund believes the Roos are in the box seat if Coleman-Jones chooses to depart Tigerland.

“I think if he leaves Richmond it’s going to be to the Kangaroos,” he said.

“Which if that is the case, it’s an enormous coup for North to prise a player out of Richmond who they desperately want to keep. It would be a huge vote of confidence for the direction they are headed.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/14/richmond-tall-weighing-up-departure-to-rival-victorian-club/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2021, 02:54:36 PM »
We need a high 1st rounder and low 2nd rounder at a minimum.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2021, 04:30:28 PM »
If he goes to Norf we aint getting squat for him.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2021, 04:30:32 PM »
A huge vote of confidence or just more years/dollars/playing time garaunteed?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2021, 04:32:01 PM »

we have butchered this totally if he leaves and i dont give a stuff about the pick we get in return. Jack is finished and the end is very close, and Lynch well we know what we get with him. One of those guys gets injured who do we have? George, Caddy  :lol
:thumbsup

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2021, 04:37:40 PM »

:thumbsup

How have we butchered this exactly? We were coming off 3 premierships in 4 years where riewoldt, Lynch, nank, soldo were all rightfully ahead of him in the fwd/ruck positions. He probably cost himself a spot in last years flag after he got suspended and soldo went down. Then this year where the team took a backwards step he was giving more opportunities which were only ended after he was injured. Not saying it won’t be a shame to lose him and our fwd stocks seem quite short moving forward, but short of offering him more years/dollars, what do you exactly want the club to do?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2021, 04:47:09 PM »
Pick 20 would have to be it if its Norf