Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99588 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #390 on: October 01, 2021, 06:31:20 PM »
Wonder if North trying to get pick 19 off the Suns is a sign they would be willing to give up pick 20 for CCJ as they would then still have an early 2nd rounder for the draft?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: October 01, 2021, 07:34:23 PM »
I think it will be both a player swap and a pick swap. CCJ for Tarrant and we will go up the picking order a little.

I agree with this.

Maybe CCJ + 46 for Tarrant and 39 or some crap.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: October 01, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Lol, Is that you Glen Luff

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #393 on: October 01, 2021, 08:21:10 PM »
If Chol at age 24 is worth pick 38 then CCJ at 22 is worth more than that. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2021, 09:21:37 PM »
I think it will be both a player swap and a pick swap. CCJ for Tarrant and we will go up the picking order a little.

I agree with this.

FMD you're either

You're the fool who clearly can't see that we have minimal leverage sith a trade to North unless another club convinces him to look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:09:58 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2021, 10:06:05 PM »

I agree with this.

FMD

You're the fool who clearly can't see that we have minimal leverage sith a trade to North unless another club convinces him to look elsewhere.

I mean I did agree with your sentiment but then their footy boss pretty much said they were hoping to get it done for pick 38.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:09:37 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: October 01, 2021, 10:14:47 PM »

I agree with this.

FMD

I mean I did agree with your sentiment but then their footy boss pretty much said they were hoping to get it done for pick 38.

If we get Tarrant and 39 for CCJ we should take it and run.

If he said that then great. Sorry, been busy all day telling my 35 nursing staff they'll be in covid units probably starting from Monday. Footy took a back seat.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:10:19 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2021, 12:39:36 AM »
You must  joking , why would Richmonds starting position be to take pick 39 , that is Norths starting position, obviously some people have no idea how negotiations take place. Dimma was hinting at North’s 1st pick.
If you take a balanced view that won’t happen and either will pick 40 plus( after father sons and academies)
Glen Luff said the don’t want to go to the PSD and would like to wrap the negotiations early, which I would consider they have other targets for the PSD and that Luff knows the value of a 4 year developing ruck forward that was previously a pick 20.
As previously mentioned if Chol is worth pick 38 why would CCJ be worth 39
Thank goodness we have good negotiators at Richmond who who won’t listen to the noise and will aim for a fair deal

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2021, 01:20:40 AM »
The difference with chol being “worth” pick 38 is that it isn’t actually a pick a club used to get him. It was gifted to us by the AFL with some mumbo jumbo free agency secret formula. That’s the beauty of free agency for clubs, you don’t have to give up anything to get the player.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
You must  joking , why would Richmonds starting position be to take pick 39 , that is Norths starting position, obviously some people have no idea how negotiations take place. Dimma was hinting at North’s 1st pick.
If you take a balanced view that won’t happen and either will pick 40 plus( after father sons and academies)
Glen Luff said the don’t want to go to the PSD and would like to wrap the negotiations early, which I would consider they have other targets for the PSD and that Luff knows the value of a 4 year developing ruck forward that was previously a pick 20.
Thank goodness we have good negotiators at Richmond who who won’t listen to the noise and will aim for a fair deal

Need to hope they come to a deal then. I don't think they'll pay 20.

Maybe they'll try to trade something else in to give us but the PSD is rarely used these days for anything really so I doubt there's someone else they want and it will always be their backup to get CCJ.

Anyway time will tell.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »

Thank you Camboon. This makes sense. This will most likely be like a house auction where others are cooling their jets and waiting to see lay of the land before throwing their hat in the ring.
If Mabs is worth an end of 2nd round pick, CCJ is easily worth a start of 2nd round. We obviously need more than 1 interested club but he’s credentials are there for everyone to see - an emerging ruck/forward going into his 5th year after 4 years in a system that’s delivered 3 flags in the past 4 seasons appears unlikely to attract only a first home buyer. It’s worst house, best street in Toorak!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: October 02, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »
I'm not were the best negotiators out there lately.
Gave Butler away way unders. 
Same with Higgins. 

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2021, 02:09:04 PM »
Agree our negotiators weren't great

Mind you Butler and Higgins were done with the benefit of freeing up cap space I believe.
Go Tigers!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: October 02, 2021, 06:39:43 PM »
Same with Higgins.

Higgins wasn't unders if I recall what was the deal.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: October 02, 2021, 07:01:53 PM »
Same with Higgins.

Higgins wasn't unders if I recall what was the deal.

Pick swap of first plus a second.  Should have been a first rounder only in my opinion.  He's a very good player and young.