Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99578 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #420 on: October 04, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »
Tom Morris reports...

North Melbourne’s initial offer for Darcy Macpherson is unlikely to be enough to pry him out of Gold Coast.

Sources believe MacPherson is still a strong chance to stay unless the Roos re-evaluate how much they are willing to pay.

Gold Coast would send Pick 19 and Macpherson to Arden Street and get some late draft selections back in return.

Armed with Pick 19 and Pick 20, Richmond hope one of those selections would then go to Punt Road for Callum Coleman-Jones.

The Tigers and Roos remain a long way apart in their negotiations for the key forward, with sources confirming Richmond are agitated at North’s tactics of luring a player on a long-term deal on good money but refusing to part with Pick 20.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-trade-blog-and-live-chat-for-october-4-free-agency-trade-period-opens-news/news-story/2113809216fecb413ae18915cf381c52

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: October 04, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
Richmond and North Melbourne still sit a fair way apart on a deal that would see Callum Coleman-Jones walk through the doors at Arden Street.

The two clubs kicked off official negotiations as the trade period got underway, with the Tigers knocking back the first offer from the Kangaroos.

The Herald Sun is reporting that the Tigers weren't thrilled with the original offer of North Melbourne. The Kangaroos are set on keeping their pick 20, with their next selection coming at pick 38.

However, Richmond is keen on that pick 20 given that is the selection they used to recruit Coleman-Jones four years ago.

The Kangaroos hold the whip-hand in these discussions with the looming threat of walking Coleman-Jones to the pre-season draft hanging over negotiations.

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-news-richmond-push-back-on-modest-coleman-jones-offer-91958/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #422 on: October 04, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »
Q: I realise Richmond starting off negotiations playing hardball re CCJ and wanting pick 19/20 but surely North has the upper hand with him being able to walk to the PSD and if they don't trade Tarrant Richmond miss out on Chol comp. What do you think gets it done in the end? CCJ and a late pick for Tarrant and pick 40(ish) a fair trade? less

Max Loughton: I think any trade where the Tigers' main return for CCJ is 40 is a win to the Roos. But yes, North has the leverage.

Q: Surely pick 20 for coleman-jones max? if he's worth the big money for north he's worth the pick yeah?

Max Loughton: Well it's definitely closer to 20 than 40, but North has the leverage, so I can't see them just giving that pick up easily.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-trade-blog-and-live-chat-for-october-4-free-agency-trade-period-opens-news/news-story/2113809216fecb413ae18915cf381c52

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: October 04, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »
North, Richmond debate worth of Coleman-Jones

By Michael Gleeson
The Age
4 Oct 2021 3:15pm

North Melbourne has offered a slide of draft picks in the late rounds next year in an ambit opening bid for Richmond’s ruck forward Callum Coleman-Jones.

North has offered their third round pick next year for Coleman-Jones but want Richmond’s fourth round pick back in return in the deal for the player.

The Tigers and North are a long way apart in early discussions as Richmond wants the Roos’ pick 20 for the big man who has been offered a four-year deal to move to Arden Street.

Coleman-Jones was drafted with pick 20 four years ago.

Richmond was frustrated and disappointed at the player’s decision to leave in the first instance believing opportunities would begin to open up in the Tigers senior team next season and beyond.

They also feel the player had been well supported by the club after his COVID breach at a Gold Coast strip joint and fight outside a kebab bar along with teammate Sydney Stack cost the club $100,000 in the salary cap and saw the players suspended at length.

North holds the first pick in the pre-season draft but it is unlikely the player or his management is keen to use this avenue to move.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-live-updates-day-1-player-movement-begins-as-all-eyes-go-to-carlton-cerra-20211003-p58wvg.html

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: October 04, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
Let him walk for that deal. 

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »
Agree find it strange no comment from his manager or himself I reckon club is dirty on him.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2021, 05:17:22 PM »
Only the first day of negotiations. Plenty more to play out here.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #427 on: October 04, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »
Q: What will Richmond get for Jones Callum Coleman jones

Max Loughton: Real James Bond areas with your question here... something in the 20s I expect

Q: If North can get Pick 19 from GCS, I'm thinking Pick 20 & 40 for CCJ & 26 or 28 seems pretty fair. Rates CCJ around Pick 29-31. Think that would be realistic?

Max Loughton: Yeah that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Q: CCJ and Richmond's future second rounder for 38 and North's future second rounder?

Max Loughton: Seems around the mark to me?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #428 on: October 04, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
Get stuffed. I'd rather have him walk to the PSD than let Norf bend us over
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: October 04, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »
Love the way the Swans have come out and been very firm about what they expect for Jordan Dawson and they won't be accepting pick 23. 
I wish we would come out with something similar with CCJ.  If we believe he's worth 20 then stand our grand. 

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2021, 06:30:08 PM »
Get stuffed. I'd rather have him walk to the PSD than let Norf bend us over

Agree. Let him walk to the PSD like a dog if necessary.

Pick 40 is a joke.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »
Roos make opening bid for tall Tiger

Callum Twomey & Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
4 October 2021

NORTH Melbourne has made its first move to land Richmond's Callum Coleman-Jones, offering the Tigers a future third-round pick for the tall forward.

The pick would fall around the No.40 mark in next year's NAB AFL Draft if the Roos finish around the bottom-four after their wooden spoon campaign in 2021.

The Tigers will want more for the 22-year-old key forward/ruck given their investment and belief in him however the Roos are likely to use the leverage of the pre-season draft, where they hold the first selection.

North's list manager Glenn Luff last week told Trade Radio that the Roos' pick 20 was not going to form part of the deal for Coleman-Jones

https://www.afl.com.au/news/682938/roos-make-opening-bid-for-tall-tiger-cats-knock-back-freo-s-clark-offer

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #432 on: October 04, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »
Stuff off to Tassie Norf you impoverished dirtbags.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #433 on: October 04, 2021, 06:58:28 PM »
#lolnorf can GAGF’d the campaigners - they can wither on the stuffen vine when we refuse to pay them a cent in equalisation

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
Yep, tell Norf & CCJ to stuff off, cop the loss and store it in the memory bank....#bestservedcold :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.