Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99569 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #435 on: October 04, 2021, 07:46:10 PM »
Pick 38 or nothing!

North Melbourne has upped the ante in its dealings with Richmond over Callum Coleman-Jones.

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1444931658868686851

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #436 on: October 04, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
He was our pick 20, we have spent 4 years developing him, in my mind we should be doing everything to keep him, in a previous post when the red veil overcame me, I said he was no good, but he is developing nicely for a big man.

Can we still keep him??

Or has the boat left the shore??

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #437 on: October 04, 2021, 07:59:34 PM »
We need to get him to GCS if we can.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: October 04, 2021, 08:03:01 PM »
Walk him to the draft. Piece of poo for choosing North. Then bash him when we play them next year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #439 on: October 04, 2021, 08:40:16 PM »
 :clapping

Tigers rightly, playing hardball

Knew there'd be a twist and turns with this
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: October 04, 2021, 09:16:09 PM »
A trade in good faith closer to his true value would be reasonable.
Hasn’t North got him earmarked as their first ruck as their current bloke is 35 , is he.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: October 04, 2021, 11:06:35 PM »
#lolnorf can GAGF’d - we’ll take Simpkin as soon as he hits FA for nothing as he won’t want to rot at that busted ass club forever
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 11:35:24 PM by Knighter »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: October 04, 2021, 11:42:20 PM »
Geez i love the melts and the total overrating of a bloke who has done so little to date.

If people think he's worth pick 20 then get the lube out and get ready we aren't getting pick 20 for him and if i was NM id be letting us know it in no uncertain terms.

I can just hear the comments on here if the shoe was on the other foot freakin footy supporters from all clubs are among the biggest hippocrites going around.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: October 04, 2021, 11:52:49 PM »
Norf can have him for nothing then. 
As a gesture of goodwill we should throw in a gift certificate from Bendigo Kebabs & a bottle of scotch as a going away present ... then let nature take its' course ...       :wallywink
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: October 05, 2021, 01:05:22 AM »
Geez i love the melts and the total overrating of a bloke who has done so little to date.

If people think he's worth pick 20 then get the lube out and get ready we aren't getting pick 20 for him and if i was NM id be letting us know it in no uncertain terms.

I can just hear the comments on here if the shoe was on the other foot freakin footy supporters from all clubs are among the biggest hippocrites going around.

Our supporters are loyal to our club. They want the best result. Loyalty is a great trait to have, instead of coming in here bashing our supporters maybe you should being loyal to Richmond and at the very least support the club line on this. Just saying.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »
The Roos and Tigers are ‘miles apart’ at the trade table. It seems one is likely going to have to pay ‘unders’

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
October 5th, 2021

Fox Footy pundits Leigh Montagna and David King believe Richmond will likely have to soften its trade stance with North Melbourne, which has flagged its Callum Coleman-Jones deal plans.

The Kangaroos need to find a way to acquire Tiger Callum Coleman-Jones, who’s played just nine games in four seasons at Richmond but been identified by North as the ruck successor to star veteran Todd Goldstein.

But Richmond and North hit an early roadblock on day one of the trade period, with Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph suggesting the two clubs were “miles apart” at the trade table.

The Tigers are keen to acquire Pick 20 – the same pick the Richmond ruck was taken at in the 2017 draft – as compensation for losing Coleman-Jones, who’s been offered a long-term deal on good money at Arden St. But the Roos are unwilling to part with that draft selection, with The Age reporting North had offered a third-round pick for Coleman-Jones while asking for Richmond’s fourth round pick back.

Foxfooty.com.au reported Richmond was “agitated” at North’s push to acquire young a player on a healthy, long-term deal but be unwilling to send Pick 20 to the Tigers.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Trading Day, Ralph pointed to several other rucks that had been traded in recent seasons for little compensation, including Toby Nankervis from Sydney to Richmond (for Pick 46) and Jarrod Witts from Collingwood to Gold Coast (Pick 44).

“They (the Tigers) think he (Coleman-Jones) is ready to blossom after a pretty solid year, but North Melbourne’s saying: ‘We just don’t think he’s worth that and we don’t think ruckmen are worth Pick 20, we’re prepared to give (Pick) 38 up,’” Ralph told Fox Footy.

“There is the potential for him to go through to the pre-season draft, North are saying: ‘We want to negotiate in good faith and that would absolutely be a Plan B.’”

Montagna said the Kangaroos “have the upper hand in this situation”, meaning Richmond was more unlikely to have its demands met.

“They (the Kangaroos) will deal in good faith and if Richmond don‘t come to the party – a bit like what happened with Jack Martin at the Gold Coast Suns – you say: ‘Worst-case scenario, we walk him through to the pre-season draft and we get him for nothing,’” Montagna told Trading Day.

“Richmond, unfortunately, will have to accept probably under what he‘s worth. But that’s all part of it when you know you’ve got the upper hand as (an) unsigned (player).”

King said he was a “huge fan” of Coleman-Jones and that he was worth Pick 20, but stressed it was a “buyers’ market”.

“The player wants to play AFL footy. He’s been at Richmond for four years, he just hasn’t been able to nail down that first ruck position, he wants ruck exposure not forward exposure,” King told Trading Day.

“I think it’ll get done for that Pick 38. Sure Richmond are not happy, but that’s the law of the jungle. They’ve won the swing a couple of times Richmond, so I think they’ve got to give one up here.

“It might be a little switch with picks that could be the sweetener.”

The Tigers are set to acquire veteran North defender Robbie Tarrant, who’ll have to be traded to the club rather than picked up as a free agent to ensure the compensation pick Richmond received for losing Mabior Chol to the Gold Coast Suns isn’t diluted.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-trade-blog-and-live-chat-for-october-4-free-agency-trade-period-opens-news/news-story/2113809216fecb413ae18915cf381c52?recommendedCount=0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #446 on: October 05, 2021, 06:10:15 AM »
According to Tiger71 on last night's BF podcast:

* CCJ - if a trade can't be done he will stay at the Tigers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHwhI42LwE

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2021, 06:32:19 AM »
Unfortunately North have the upper hand. If we can't reach a deal he will walk. It is a real shame he wants to leave as the Club has done everything for him. Time to cut our losses.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: October 05, 2021, 07:46:36 AM »
According to Tiger71 on last night's BF podcast:

* CCJ - if a trade can't be done he will stay at the Tigers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHwhI42LwE

Don't agree, unless there is a clear indication from player and manager.

He's asked for a trade and they've offered him the ruck job.

Tigers have a 3 year deal on the table which he has not agreed to. That's still plenty long enough.

He wants game time as a ruck and we cannot give him that in front of Nank and Soldo.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2021, 08:14:48 AM »
Do you think hell play ruck infront of Goldstein? Norf have sold him a pup.