Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99569 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
We have dead set fleeced North by getting theur future 2nd. Huge trade win for Blair Hartley. Im laughing at the Richmond supporters on big footy for wanting Blair sacked for sitting on his hands, being risk averse and nott knowing how to trade kol. Its hilarious.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #526 on: October 09, 2021, 10:21:46 PM »
We have dead set fleeced North by getting theur future 2nd. Huge trade win for Blair Hartley. Im laughing at the Richmond supporters on big footy for wanting Blair sacked for sitting on his hands, being risk averse and nott knowing how to trade kol. Its hilarious.

So do you think they have done the right thing by us. After all they could have just sent him to the PSD.

We constantly talk ourselves up and how we do the right thing but hey its had nothing to do with NM doing the right thing and we had a huge trade win.
No silly me we fleeced them and its all about us. Next time there is a compromise to be made with them  and we have the upper hand i hope we remember. It would be good if our supporters could at least acknowledge them coming to the party and doing the right thing.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2021, 10:28:05 PM »
They cooperated but they got the player they wanted and we lost a player we wanted to keep. In the end they did it because they know if they hadnt done a fair deal we would have gone after their good young players down the track.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #528 on: October 09, 2021, 10:35:58 PM »
I'm really not sure about this. I have huge expectations for CCJ. I would of preferred we had of kept him if possible.

It takes years for the big guys to peak and if we look at our current players we can take some lessons. Nank cost us stuff all and had really not shown his future potential when we picked him up. This is often the way with big guys.
 Did we really win out of this transaction, I'm not as sure as alot of you.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: October 09, 2021, 10:40:21 PM »

So do you think they have done the right thing by us. After all they could have just sent him to the PSD.

We constantly talk ourselves up and how we do the right thing but hey its had nothing to do with NM doing the right thing and we had a huge trade win.
No silly me we fleeced them and its all about us. Next time there is a compromise to be made with them  and we have the upper hand i hope we remember. It would be good if our supporters could at least acknowledge them coming to the party and doing the right thing.

Makes no sense your post. He was worth second round pick anyway what you think it's charity mate or something we got what he's worth we own North nothing mate.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2021, 11:13:11 PM »
I'm reaching here as well, but if I was to take a stab I'd say that CCJ told NM he wants a fair trade because he feels like he owes us one for sticking by him after kebab-gate.

North certainly didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. They are a rebuilding team and would have done it if it benefits their organisation in some way, be it winning their player over or keeping in the good books with other clubs etc.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: October 10, 2021, 12:16:23 PM »

Makes no sense your post. He was worth second round pick anyway what you think it's charity mate or something we got what he's worth we own North nothing mate.
That comes down the individuals opinion on ccj as a player. You obviously rate him thats all good  but plenty dont rate him. it makes a lot of sense  for those people!!!!! we were very well compensated indeed. Charity sheesh with the circumstances NM were very charitable and you can't acknowledge that.

As i said all and sundry yell to the heavens how good we are to trade with but when an opponent comes to the table and does the right thing there is no acknowledgement.

The bottom line is they could have offered peanuts and we would have either had to accept it or let him go in the PSD. Instead we got a very good future second pick asmall upgrade on two picks we were unlikely to use and Tarrant across to us without affecting the Chol compensation. All this when they had the option of just taking him in the PSD.

Hmm id say selfish and entitled supporters aplenty.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: October 10, 2021, 12:23:43 PM »
And if they hadnt we would have gone after uniake and phillips and simpkin. They would have paid a huge price thsts why they caved in.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: October 10, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »
And if they hadnt we would have gone after uniake and phillips and simpkin. They would have paid a huge price thsts why they caved in.

Sheesh and you really believe that  :o  hilarious.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: October 10, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
I’m not sure it’s a great deal - let’s remove the threat of him going to the pre season draft and assess it.
He’s a first rounder finally showing something 4 seasons in.
We’ve given up 2 picks this year and 1 next year and received 2 picks - only one is any good.
Jordan Clark is a spud and the Dockers are giving up pick 19.
Not a wait and see - guaranteed this year pick 19, played similar games as CCJ and frankly showed less.

So, the deal only works in context of getting nothing.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: October 10, 2021, 01:33:59 PM »
I see the potential in Colman Jones and  suspect he will be  a long term good player for North Melbourne
I suspect  that Luff and North think so to and with Luff being a stats man knew what he is worth.
I also think North are smart enough to know they can pick up the best player that slips through to the PSD , clubs haven’t even started their list management so it will be surprising if a good player does not slip though to them

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #536 on: October 10, 2021, 02:31:05 PM »
Not sure about this one. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #537 on: October 21, 2021, 06:53:28 PM »
Roos boss unpacks complex trade for Tiger, flags plans for list hole

David Zita
Fox Sports
October 21st, 2021

North Melbourne football boss Brady Rawlings says Callum Coleman-Jones wouldn’t have come to the club if it elected to force him through the pre-season draft.

Despite Richmond’s intent to keep him, Coleman-Jones nominated North Melbourne as his club of choice ahead of the trade period and got there via a trade, which saw the Roos trade out Robbie Tarrant, pick No.40 and a future second-round selection.

Speaking as part of a members forum, Rawlings said a trade was necessary given the potential repercussions of walking Coleman-Jones to the pre-season draft.

“It sounds quite simple as you can walk someone to a pre-season draft - it doesn’t quite work that way,” he said.

“We were looking to attract Callum Coleman-Jones as a player to our club and his club was really keen to retain him with a contract on the table and he was being courted heavily by the Gold Coast Suns and had a terrific offering in front of him there and he elected to come to us, that was the first piece of the puzzle.

“Once you get a player to that point, you work closely with the manager to get a trade done. If we were to get him out of line and say we’re going to walk him to the pre-season draft, a player doesn’t want that to occur to his original club and the manager probably doesn't want that to occur either.

“If we took that stance, then I don’t think Callum probably would have chosen this footy club.”

Tarrant was an unrestricted free agent, allowing him to move to Richmond without any input from North Melbourne, but the 32-year-old was eventually included in the deal for Coleman-Jones.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-north-melbourne-callum-coleman-jones-trade-preseason-draft-tom-lynch-rookie-list-plans/news-story/5198eba3188b56a3c28488df6e6b171d

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #538 on: April 03, 2022, 02:00:55 AM »
We have dead set fleeced North by getting their future 2nd.
Norf doing us a favour so far as odds on wooden spoon favourites. 108 point flogging  :lol. Thanks Roos for Pick 19  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #539 on: April 03, 2022, 05:14:26 AM »
2 picks inside 20 to add to our youngsters at the end of the weason. A key forward and a midfielder or 2 mids? Whats peoples opinions.