Author Topic: Do we rest players against GWS  (Read 1934 times)

the claw

Re: Do we rest players against GWS
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
we arent really  good enough to rest a lot of  players against anyone.we could do the odd one or two.
look at it this way if we are good enough to win by 100 points that will be as good as a rest for the players. 100 point floggings are ultimately   training drills.

the only thing im concerned about is we have pretty much had our best 22 available all yr apart from the odd player like  grimes.   we have 3 games to get games into him and the likes of tuck.
the question i ask is what if we dont have jack riewoldt or big ivan or steve morris who can perform their roles to a decent level.
id be looking at resting ivan who is irreplaceable as we have no replacement for him.give orren a game and give him some support. if ivan goes down we need orren up to speed. of course it depends on who orren is up against perhaps we could play big ivan in a f/p and play orren most of the day in the ruck thus giving ivan a rest of sorts.

give mcbean a game this kid should have had 4 or 5 games by now. if jack goes down he is the most likely replacement.
we are screaming out for a quality sml forward why not mcdonough at nahas expense.
ultimately we ask what do we do without the better players and have we done enough to prepare the obvious replacements as far as game time and development goes.
imo the answer is no if injuries hit we are in strife.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
go for the kill.  Rest after September

I like this a lot 'Kill'.......
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Are we resting players this week?
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
KB said on SEN that Richmond will rest players against Carlton.

Another few Richmond supporters I bumped into said the same thing and with no source.

Surely not!?!?!?!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Are we resting players this week?
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 11:53:27 PM »
kb just trolling
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are we resting players this week?
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 01:29:47 AM »
KB getting the ratings up this week. Hope he trolls them with his 100pt margins this week. They all seem to be accepting a spanking this week.  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
kb is a funny bloke