Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 194607 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #825 on: September 27, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »

Didn't that article suggest we are interested in Stringer but no longer intersted in Schache?

Did you miss this bit?:

Richardson also confirmed reports this morning that the Tigers had shown interest in out of favour Bulldog Jake Stringer.

“We spoke to his [Stringer’s] management,” he said.

“You’re always looking at who’s available and whether or not they’re going to be the right option and fill a need on your list. We probably felt in the end that Jake’s not quite filling a specific need for us, albeit he is a very good player.

“We think with the likes of [Trent] Cotchin and Dusty [Dustin Martin] being able to play that midfield-forward role, and with a couple other young players coming through, we have that covered reasonably well

I disagree with that assesment btw.....can have  never too many strong-bodied mid-forwards....and bar Martin, he's a considerable upgrade on what we do have, as a forward at least...

Maybe we should trade into a first rounder for next year to try and secure an extra pick for Lynch  :shh

Lynch will be a restricted free agent - we'll only need to give up something if GC decide to match our offer and force a trade and even then, if he's determined to get to us, we'll have the upper hand. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #826 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:48 PM »

Didn't that article suggest we are interested in Stringer but no longer intersted in Schache?

Nope.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #827 on: September 27, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »
Go to the draft and get Naish, Balta and 2 project players at 50 & 52 and retain all others you want to retain. 
Was always a fan of Lennon but he's a goner unless he signs for cheap on a 1 year deal. 
Don't get rid of the players on the periphery like Miles, Short, Batchelor, Conca etc and keep them for depth as injuries will hit at some stage.  Not adverse to trading 1-2 of these though to get back into round 2 or 3 of next years draft (2018)
Natural attrition will see the following go most likely
Lennon
Maric
Hunt
Morris
Elton
I think 5 list changes is enough for this year

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #828 on: September 27, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »
Naish is not worth a first rounder.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #829 on: September 27, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »
I agree but qualify that with "at this stage if his development".

Take Dan Rioli. I thought he was a reach at 12 but could see that he could surpass many ahead of him with development. Naish's trajectory shows that he is improving quickly and passing guys that were well ahead of him 12 months ago.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #830 on: September 27, 2017, 09:51:54 PM »
Go to the draft and get Naish, Balta and 2 project players at 50 & 52 and retain all others you want to retain. 
Was always a fan of Lennon but he's a goner unless he signs for cheap on a 1 year deal. 
Don't get rid of the players on the periphery like Miles, Short, Batchelor, Conca etc and keep them for depth as injuries will hit at some stage.  Not adverse to trading 1-2 of these though to get back into round 2 or 3 of next years draft (2018)
Natural attrition will see the following go most likely
Lennon
Maric
Hunt
Morris
Elton
I think 5 list changes is enough for this year

Yazz also frees up a spot
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #831 on: September 27, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

I agree but qualify that with "at this stage if his development".

Take Dan Rioli. I thought he was a reach at 12 but could see that he could surpass many ahead of him with development. Naish's trajectory shows that he is improving quickly and passing guys that were well ahead of him 12 months ago.

Not even close to Rioli's levl of talent. No desperate need for his type anyway.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #832 on: September 27, 2017, 10:23:19 PM »
Rumour now that GWS might be looking to trade Cameron.....wonder if we'd rethink our strategy then? :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #833 on: October 02, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
Trade period preview: Who will your club target and shop around?

afl.com.au
2 October 2017

RICHMOND

Indicative draft picks: 15, 17, 50, 53, 72

Delisted:
TBC

Retired:
Ivan Maric and Chris Yarran

Unsigned free agents: None

What they said:

"I think our focus this year will be predominantly to retain. We have two first-round picks, and we have an opportunity, hopefully, with a father-son prospect in Patrick Naish. There are a few balls in the air there in terms of what we do, but I'd imagine at this point we are pretty comfortable retaining our picks in this year's draft." – talent manager Dan Richardson.

Whispers:

A big player in last year's trade period, the 2017 premier has been conspicuously quiet so far this year. As well as their small forward line functioned this year, the Tigers will be keen to find aerial support for Jack Riewoldt.

They were linked with Sydney free agent Sam Reid before he re-signed, with industry sources saying the Tigers' lengthy and costly efforts to re-sign Dustin Martin effectively ruined any chance they had of snaring Reid.

Richmond talent manager Dan Richardson has said the club is unlikely to pursue contracted Brisbane Lion Josh Schache, preferring to hang on to its two first-round picks in this year's draft, No.15 and No.17.

This also suggests the Tigers are unlikely to pursue other contracted forwards such as Swan Kurt Tippett and Demon Jack Watts. Could they save their pennies to go all out for Suns co-captain Tom Lynch when he becomes a free agent next year?

Richmond's outstanding season has meant solid performers such as out-of-contract pair Anthony Miles, and Jake Batchelor, and Sam Lloyd, contracted for 2018, have been starved of senior opportunities, but their outstanding VFL form won't have gone unnoticed by opposition clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/trade-period-preview-whos-your-club-chasing

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #834 on: October 02, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »
Maybe not but other clubs will force a bid on him.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #835 on: October 02, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »
Maybe not but other clubs will force a bid on him.
So call the bluff and let them have him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #836 on: October 02, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
Where is Dio? Few posters must be having a massive party :lol

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #837 on: October 02, 2017, 04:32:16 PM »
Matt Taberna Freo looking at options interest from Vic clubs I think would be good get.

tony_montana

« Reply #838 on: October 02, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »
Matt Taberna Freo looking at options interest from Vic clubs I think would be good get.

maybe a straight swap for conca?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #839 on: October 02, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »

maybe a straight swap for conca?

That would be a dream
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.