Author Topic: It's Time to Go.........Brad.  (Read 4908 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: It's Time to Go.........Brad.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
At least Brad is getting the darn pill,jack is trying to scale Everest every time

At least someone watches the game

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »
At least Brad is getting the darn pill,jack is trying to scale Everest every time

The fact is brad got 2 touches in the first half.

Two.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
sad but true..reason we have Lost these close games, is we are carrying half a dorward line, brad has been admirable early on but last few weeks not great...last night dropping simple marks, squandering bread and butter shots on goal...we have at least 6 players that could be given a go in his spot

griff
Post...likely to take grimes spot, possibly not with mcguane a chance there
Elton..
Derickx
Bo Hanlon
Astbury
Gus
browne

lets do it
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »

Two.

And the Coleman Medalist had 3
Three !
So whats your point  ::)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
On scale of ability and input possible
Riewoldt is a disgrace !

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »
Willy, how they hangin bruz? After last night maybe you can see why some of us are bloody frustrated with his attitude towards the game. and I am one of the blokes that reckons he's damn near the best forward going around when switched on.
I got no idea who we're playing next week but it will be interesting to see how Jack and Miller go. On form both deserves the ass but Post (who kicked 5 in a stuffing quarter last week) was played down back again today apparently. stuffing good work whoever is behind that move.

Jay Schulz

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »
On scale of ability and input possible
Riewoldt is a disgrace !

l had enough of the excuses for Rewoldt. His got to be dropped

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

Two.

And the Coleman Medalist had 3
Three !
So whats your point  ::)

Im sorry. What year was millers coleman?

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

read the post properly

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »
Miller looked worse because he took the 2nd best backman. Add Vickery to the mix and he is able to fufil his role well (ie leading up the ground to act as a link man and/or clear space behind in the forward line. I wish we had someone such as Griffiths or Elton who was ready to step into the role because both can kick 50m+. I think the plan was for Miller to well and truly have moved aside by now but his form to date and, more importantly, the lack of pressure from our young tall forwards have held that off.

He won't be moved aside until  -
1) Someone is performing better than he is for Coburg
2) He fails over multiple weeks with Vickery in the team

Knee jerk decision are never sensible  :-X Our club administration has moved beyond that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 08:12:43 PM »
Have to say based on what I saw today at the Whitten Oval we don't have anyone who deserves or warrants Miller spot.

Is that Miller's fault? No it just shows our lack of depth in the key forward dept right now.

The young blokes are not ready and throw them in there now and you'll the usual suspects on this forum bag the crap out of them  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
Can't keep blokes in the side when they don't produce. Bring in the Postman as a forward

the claw

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
Can't keep blokes in the side when they don't produce. Bring in the Postman as a forward
the best way to sum miller up is servicable. sheesh we got a mature player who could just perhaps do a role for us and he has done that role.

we all knew and know exactly what we got when we took him.hes not the future we know that. but of the three tall forwards we have played this yr hes been the best of them i say that acknowledging that he doesnt have to compete against 2 or three players like riewoldt is being asked to.

just my opinion but one way or the other we have to bite the bullit and try a different option up forward weather that means miller getting chopped or jack sent back to coburg to find form i dont care we cant continue down the current path. i also acknowledge we have had a prick of a run with our possible replacement with both griffiths and astbury having had more than their fair share of injuries. and vickery and derickx horribkly out of form. the one i would like to give a game to is elton even if it only amounts to us getting a game into him.

sheesh we desperately need a competetive ruck/forward option and a second tall forward option. just how much better will we be if we actually address our short comings. trouble is addressing those short comings is still more about the future  than now but we must address it.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
Maybe play miller deep in the forward and move jack to centre half forward. Actually I would just drop Miller now and bring in Griff and see how he goes at least you know if he has a shot from 50 he will make the distance.