Author Topic: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)  (Read 11492 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 10:06:47 PM »
C'mon - Bowden looks and plays the same way whether he's BOG or having a dog day - same as Mark Waugh.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2008, 10:52:22 PM »
Players seem to get away with a lot after losses, especially at Richmond  ::)
They play like duds until a coach gets the sack, then they miraculously start playing well for a new coach
A year or two down the track, the same cycle of lazy good for nothingness starts again.
As long as they get their mammoth salaries nothing will ever change.
thought Bowden played like he just didn't care tonight.  His half-hearted efforts just drive me nuts.

Have always said he is a fraud and a performance such as tonight only enhances my view of him. I know ppl on this forum won't agree with me as he is seen as an untouchable but he has the gift of the gab and hence he knows what to say to the media but his hardness to the ball and getting the hard ball leaves alot to be desired and his intensity lairising and hunger to boost up his stats has done more harm than good to the team overall. He has been a cancer to the playing list for years. For me he is the most frustrating footballer on our list as he does not let his actions speak louder than words and all this community stuff as honourable as that may be is a guise to deflect attention from his laziness and lack of hardness on field from certain journos and commentators in the media who always have us in their sights .Remember pre being dropped in 04 and doing all this community stuff he was the number 1 target of angry fans and blood thirsty media ppl. 2 b/f in a side that has struggled may be something but in the overall scheme of things he fraudulently got to them.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »
Wallace can coach. But he only started to the day he sacked Gaspar. He wasted the first 2 1/2 years and its catching up with him now.

Hopefully he'll drop Pettifer and Tuck. Not for a week, but make them earn another senior gig.

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »
didnt coach well yesterday. should have dealt with the King situation but didnt, King was being isolated and exposed, Wallace needed to respond. that didnt happen. We had way to many passengers today, happy with Deledio after half time, Tambling is getting into the action a bit, Newman ok... but to many passengers.

Little Jackie

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2008, 06:42:49 AM »
Wallace can coach. But he only started to the day he sacked Gaspar. He wasted the first 2 1/2 years and its catching up with him now.

Hopefully he'll drop Pettifer and Tuck. Not for a week, but make them earn another senior gig.

Please explain how he can coach ?
I am real interested to here your reply.
First hand, he cant. Panics too much and makes knee jerk reactions at times.
Players still cant and dont understand there team roles.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:15 AM »
maybe the players are just too frikken stupid

i believe we should only draft players who have more than just potential talent but players with a healthy iq

how many yrs has richo played , and many times he had opportunities to lead to the "fat" side but lead up then back then up then back to a 2/3/4 on 1 contest . he is a fool and it took jay schulz to go to FF to show richo how one leads to the fat side!

richo grow a brain u bimbo

and the rfc should grow a BRAIN  and stop kicking the ball to richo when he demands it in the wrong spot

tambling played a very smart game and many times set up plays for us and picked the right option, and many times he was the option to go to and was avoided by our uneducated stupid players

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50:34 AM »
That was Terry Wallace's worst coaching performance since he has been at the club.
Laidley had him playing catch up all day.
Didn't have a gameplan to win.
Poor match ups. Poor positional moves.
Couldn't get the players state of mind right on the back of Sugar's indescretion last week.
In fact it had me wondering if we had improved at all from last season.

The heat is back on Terry again and he'll have to oversee this team having a vastly improved performance against the Pies.

Little Jackie

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »
That was Terry Wallace's worst coaching performance since he has been at the club.
Laidley had him playing catch up all day.
Didn't have a gameplan to win.
Poor match ups. Poor positional moves.
Couldn't get the players state of mind right on the back of Sugar's indescretion last week.
In fact it had me wondering if we had improved at all from last season.

The heat is back on Terry again and he'll have to oversee this team having a vastly improved performance against the Pies.

The major problem is that we havent improved from last year- on face value
We beat no body last week
Heat is on Terry ? Not when you have the Demons and Carlton perfoming worse, heat might be off him for few weeks.
Pies this week, be prepared for a flogging

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »
Heat is on Terry ? Not when you have the Demons and Carlton perfoming worse, heat might be off him for few weeks.

Ratten & Bailey are new to the caper and are escaping scrutiny. It's their players that will feel the pinch moreso than the coach. Wallace does not have the same luxury.
As for the Collingwood game? Well I saw them on Friday night and despite the loss they are at another level to us despite our win against them late last year.
I am prepared for a flogging. :help

PS: I wonder what Dean Laidley is getting paid compared with Terry Wallace?

Little Jackie

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »

Ratten & Bailey are new to the caper and are escaping scrutiny. It's their players that will feel the pinch moreso than the coach. Wallace does not have the same luxury.
As for the Collingwood game? Well I saw them on Friday night and despite the loss they are at another level to us despite our win against them late last year.
I am prepared for a flogging. :help

PS: I wonder what Dean Laidley is getting paid compared with Terry Wallace?

About  $245,000 ;)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »

Please explain how he can coach ?
I am real interested to here your reply.
First hand, he cant. Panics too much and makes knee jerk reactions at times.
Players still cant and dont understand there team roles.

Go ask Neil Craig if he's ever been as embarrassed by anyone as much as Wallace.

Tigermonk

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2008, 11:22:20 AM »
Laidley is a better coach than his given credit for
seems to know how to combat preasure well with good moves & matchups
something that Wallace & his coaching staff are failing to acheive
maybe we should refrain from having ex Kangaroo players in our camp would be a good start
a new forward coach too why may well pee Royal off as well  :lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »
was flabbagasted went I training a few years ago and seen a group of players pushing a car/combi van around the oval.
Its no secret I watch all clubs train, never ever seen this  before. ::)
I watch other clubs put up cricket stumps some 45 metres way and the players arent allowed to come off the ground until they have hit it down five times, fact.
I then watch young Patto yesterday ""try "' and deliver a pass to richo 35 metres away and misses him by 10metres ::)
Maybe just Maybe Patto was trying to hit the ""car"" ::)

I then watch the North guys pass to Corey Jones, if he doesnt mark ,its more likely he will have a broken nose as it would hit him in the face, now its that simple enough for some posters on this website to realise whats actually wrong at Punt Road or not ?

richmondrules

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »
now its that simple enough for some posters on this website to realise whats actually wrong at Punt Road or not ?

Why is this so important to you?

Tigermonk

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2008, 01:48:23 PM »
Pushing a car/combi around the oval thats unheard off  :rollin
no wonder skills are bad we got no wheels  :rollin
l never heard about it before l have to mention it to a few when l see them  :lol :lol  :thumbsup