Author Topic: RFC Internet  (Read 2427 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: RFC Internet
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 08:50:49 AM »
I agree MT, It's the closest one in the AFL to rival the EPL sites mentioned by Ramps. All it would take is for a savvy group of website developers with an interest in footy to approach the RFC with a new product and demonstrating their ability to increase the clubs profit margins via value added supporter services. This can be done as Ramps said with little extras like on demand streaming of games. Not being in Melbourne, I would pay 10 bucks to see the game live or delayed via a video stream, especially if I knew that a good chunk of it would be going to the club. :thumbsup

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 10:49:16 AM »
Essendon have 2 websites lol. one by Telstra as part of the AFL and there own independent one. Ive just seen both and still believe that Telstra's Collingwood website is just slightly superior but in the end its only opinion. For mine Richmond needs to sit down with Telstra and do a sponsorship with them. Telstra's Yellow Pages are Yellow & Black - surely we can come up with a deal with Telstra for some cash and a decent website for some signage and other  bits and pieces.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »
Websites aren't that hard to make once you know how. You just need to be prepared to put in the time. 

Arghhhhhhhhhh time  :'(

Aint that the truth  :cheers :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 06:09:45 PM »
Read on BF's main board that Andy D has announced today he wants to "negotiate" with Essendon to quit their independent official site and make the Telstra/AFL one the official one in line with the other 15 clubs. So I guess that means the RFC can forget about having their own site even if they wanted to and could find someone to sponsor it. Andy D, AA and the AFL - always going for the crappiest product that puts up the biggest $$$  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
As I mentioned before, not all Telstras sites are bad, Collingwoods site is the best AFL site, something similar for us would improve usage. Further Im surprised the club hasnt been able to do a sponsorship with Sensis and Yellow Pages. Collingwoods site should be the template for what we do.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 07:03:04 PM »
The Maggies site does look good but as with all these Telstra/AFL sites the fact that you have to be a customer of the company that runs the sites to access video rather than a member of the Club is a disgrace. So a Collingwood supporter with bigpond can access RFC footage but as a fully paid up RFC member I can't because of the phone company I'm with. So much for choice ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
RFC site updated
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »
The site is pretty much the same but I like the new banner with Lids, Rainesy and Polo.

They've also changed the links to yellow with blue  ??? text.

Polak's got Simmo's body lol and Rodan, Roach and Humm are still there.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: RFC site updated
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 07:20:05 AM »

Polak's got Simmo's body ...
Oooh - another one.  Music to my ears.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Telstra rated worst ISP
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 04:41:39 AM »
Good old Telstra  :wallywink

--------------------------

Telstra rated worst
Herald-Sun | Georgie Pilcher | October 22, 2007

TELSTRA BigPond has been rated as the worst internet service provider for quality of service and cost.

The 2007 Choice computer ISP satisfaction survey found less than a third of respondents were satisfied with their ISP, the biggest complaint being cost.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22625032-662,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Telstra rated worst ISP
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 05:51:47 PM »
Good old Telstra  :wallywink

I hope poor Newy hasn't looked at the AFL site and see himself pictured as one of the delistings instead of Hartigan lol. Geez these AFL sites are hopeless  :rollin.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=52683