Author Topic: Maurice Rioli Club (Social Club)  (Read 42506 times)

10 FLAGS

Maurice Rioli Club (Social Club)
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
As I have just spent some time reading up the forums, this topic was raised by Ian on another forum (I acknowledge him as the source of this topic) and In my opinion he was absolutely spot on 100%. Why is the new social club on level 3. Why isnt it down on ground level? This facility should have been put on ground level on the MCG side as the patrons walk up to the G. If they had put this facility where it needed to go the club would have made a fortune every weekend from all the other clubs supporters getting beers and buying food and drinks on the way to the ground or from the ground. Sticking it on level 3 is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:17:01 AM by one-eyed »

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Social Club Location at the New Facility
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »
As I have just spent some time reading up the forums, this topic was raised by Ian on another forum (I acknowledge him as the source of this topic) and In my opinion he was absolutely spot on 100%. Why is the new social club on level 3. Why isnt it down on ground level? This facility should have been put on ground level on the MCG side as the patrons walk up to the G. If they had put this facility where it needed to go the club would have made a fortune every weekend from all the other clubs supporters getting beers and buying food and drinks on the way to the ground or from the ground. Sticking it on level 3 is ridiculous.

Better view of the city and MCG?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
I'm guessing you would need to check planning regulations if it was possible if the first place.

The Tiger Den is on the ground floor at the Brunton Ave end of the new building btw.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »
Being a licenced social club in the MCG precinct I would imagine there are many regulations that apply - especially in the area of liquor and food sales.  Selling liquor to non-members would be one area I would expect there to be no room to move and I can imagine that the AFL/MCC have food/drink licences around the ground all sewn up.  With the club charging a premium for social club membership and little/no legal possibility of 'passing' sales, it would make sense to take advantage of the outlook from the 3rd floor, rather than the more bland ground floor view.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
The Tiger Den is on the ground floor at the Brunton Ave end of the new building btw.

As it should be. :thumbsup

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »

Better view of the city and MCG?

yeah it's nice to look at the city during the game  8)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »
When is the social club available before games this year? I heard somewhere round 3 Hawthorn would be first op.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
When is the social club available before games this year? I heard somewhere round 3 Hawthorn would be first op.

Yes I believe for Social Club members it will be our first home game

Going by what is on the Flyer for one of the top Coteries (Captain's Club IIRC) the social club is being used round 2 for a pre-match function for them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Social Club
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »
I spoke to the girl at the Tiger Den within the past week and she said in round 3 the Social Club will be open to Social Club members as its our first proper home game. Confirmed as well via club email yesterday. Prior to that there'll be a Social Club function in the Yarra Park Room at the MCG after the St Kilda game in round 2.

Dear MT,

My name is Ashley Aidone and I am thrilled to have been recently appointed the club's Premium Membership Sales Officer.  This role is a brand new role for the Club and highlights our commitment to building our premium membership numbers.  

We believe our biggest opportunity to continue to build these membership numbers is to differentiate ourselves from other clubs in the service that we provide our members.  As a result I will personally be in contact with you every week prior to a Social Club function and am always available to assist you in any way possible.

In Round 3, the ME Bank Centre will host the first Social Club function of 2011, therefore it is imperative that I briefly run through what you can expect over the next few weeks and some of the procedures that Social Club members need to be aware of in 2011.

Social Club memberships have far exceeded our initial projections and as a result, the club will be introducing a 'scan-in' procedure to all Social Club functions much earlier than originally anticipated. Due to various factors, we will be required to monitor the number of members attending not only the Social Club, but other functions throughout the year.

This will ensure that function rooms are not over crowded, so that we can gauge the number of guest passes that can be allocated.

The club has been looking to implement an online RSVP booking program that will be ready for use by Round 3. This program will be used to RSVP to attend the Social Club that weekend and to advise if you require Guest Passes. These will be closely monitored and will result in Guest Passes not being offered for particular matches where high numbers are expected.

Social Club members will be able to RSVP and request Guest Passes in the week leading up to that game. Once you have RSVP'd or been issued with a Guest Pass, your membership card or ticket will be activated with Social Club access for that week. Your membership card will be requested upon entry into the Social Club so that it can be scanned. One entry per membership scanned, will ensure that only members will be able to enter the Social Club.

The full step-by-step procedure will be emailed to you prior to Round 3 against Hawthorn.

As you are all aware, Rounds 1 and 2 are away games and the Social Club will not be open.   Once the redevelopment is completed, we will endeavour to open the Social Club after every MCG game, starting Round 3.

The club will however be hosting a post match Social Club function at the Yarra Park Room in the Olympic Stand at the completion of the Round 2 match VS St Kilda.

I will be in touch next week prior to the Round 2 Social Club function, but if you need any queries answered before then, please feel free to contact me directly via telephone on (03) 9426 4442 or via email on aaidone@richmondfc.com.au

Make no mistake ..... The Tiger is Stirring

Ashley Aidone
Premium Membership Sales Officer
P: 03 9426 4442| F: 03 9421 2905
Richmond Football Club, ME Bank Centre, Punt Road Oval, Richmond VIC 3121
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:02:45 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

I've just re-read this and having been to through the facility I raise a couple of points

Why isn't the social club on the ground level? Outside the Tiger Den & membership being on the ground level, the players facilities are on the ground level, eg new gym, earm up room auditorium .... I reckon they should be on the ground level. Being on level 3 is no big deal it's not like we have to hike stairs - there is 2 lifts  ;D

Regarding other supporters being able to use it prior to games. Do we reallly want that? Isn't the Social Club for RFC Social Club & RFC members & their guests first and foremost? Liquor Lincensing will determine how many will be allowed in so I don't think we will able just to open up for everyone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 08:30:13 AM »
Why dont you walk up the stairs its better for your health  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
not happy with the email sent.
why as a social club member do you have to email/book your intentions in advance if you want to attend the social club.??
The purpose of having a social club is to gain access to facilities.
They shouldnt have ''over sold "" there membership""
Thats what clubs are about.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »
why as a social club member do you have to email/book your intentions in advance if you want to attend the social club.??

You will still get in, they just want the ability to limit the number of guest passes given out.

Seems logical enough to me.

'65

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
I actually agree with you for a change
However I thing NSC is right and they are just doing this to control guest pass numbers each week

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »

Hell i have been a social club member from day one.
Up until last year thefre would be say 20 people at functions before the game.
The problem i see with the social club is they are letting 3121 members in.
I understand they are paying more for there membership but i feel is they want get in they should have a social club membership.