Author Topic: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton  (Read 17305 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »
said it before teams are built around the CHF / FF

No target no reward

Forwards are the the most valid position on the ground

1, always got someone to target up forward
2, Forwards kicking goals builds confidence & brings other players up a level.
3, Puts scoreboard preasure on the opposition, making them work harder & setting doubt in thier minds & ability of their own players.
4, Good Forwards take preasure off the midfielders who become very dangerous moving forward to add attack & more scoring options
5, Gives defenders required rest & more time to focus on the game plan of the opposition moving forward

could add much more

so all goes back too you can have the best midfielders in the league but if your forwards are useless & small start buying some wooden spoon hooks cause we be getting some

Cotchin is not 100% & cannot run at full pace " shouldnot be playing
Deledio overated
Tambling chicken & over rated
Edwards as above reminds me of FIORA the chicken boy,   ;D oh please shoot me now his VFL player at best

McMAHON our special draft & POLAK the tram conductor, why keep them if they cant even make the team round 1
It only happens at Tigerland  :lol Build the team backwards is thier thinking.
We been buying midfielders for years now

Chris Newman, sorry mate but that game was shocking for a leader

Now it will take weeks for this club to sort its team out & get the players working together so the result was above expected from most of us
Hardwick will take action after round 1 & you will see some changes

jackstar is back again

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
said it before teams are built around the CHF / FF

No target no reward

Forwards are the the most valid position on the ground

1, always got someone to target up forward
2, Forwards kicking goals builds confidence & brings other players up a level.
3, Puts scoreboard preasure on the opposition, making them work harder & setting doubt in thier minds & ability of their own players.
4, Good Forwards take preasure off the midfielders who become very dangerous moving forward to add attack & more scoring options
5, Gives defenders required rest & more time to focus on the game plan of the opposition moving forward

could add much more

so all goes back too you can have the best midfielders in the league but if your forwards are useless & small start buying some wooden spoon hooks cause we be getting some

Cotchin is not 100% & cannot run at full pace " shouldnot be playing
Deledio overated
Tambling chicken & over rated
Edwards as above reminds me of FIORA the chicken boy,   ;D oh please shoot me now his VFL player at best

McMAHON our special draft & POLAK the tram conductor, why keep them if they cant even make the team round 1
It only happens at Tigerland  :lol Build the team backwards is thier thinking.
We been buying midfielders for years now

Chris Newman, sorry mate but that game was shocking for a leader

Now it will take weeks for this club to sort its team out & get the players working together so the result was above expected from most of us
Hardwick will take action after round 1 & you will see some changes

Would agree.
I am really worried about Hardwick views in regards to defense.
Reason being that he resigned to the fact that we aint going to win the centre clearances, there lies a huge problem

Tigermonk

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Jack l cant remember a worse game when we had lots of small players in the forward line,
but when the ball was moved forward there was not 1 crumber within 10 metres of the ball at most times
This really concerns me at the ease & time clubs have to regroup to reattack

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
Jack l cant remember a worse game when we had lots of small players in the forward line,
but when the ball was moved forward there was not 1 crumber within 10 metres of the ball at most times

What forward line.. :help. Polak and Tuck should of been that side.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Its pretty clear they are waiting on the development of Griffiths and Astbury as the 2 key forwards. Until then we are stranded with what we have at the moment.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
Wow didn't expect that but what the hey, just goes to show how bad we really are, at least now I can stop deluding myself that we might win a game. BTW anyone wan't to blow Edwards trumpet now........ what a terrible player, he honestly has nothing going for him, why the hell Tuck didn't play is beyond me. Don't tell me Edwards is the future.... :o

One more question, do we have a game plan, I am sure that Wallace would have done better last night with the core group of players he had at his disposal. I am not knocking Hardwick but geez, what the hell was going on???? I don't even think the players knew.

Do not suggest Wallace would have done better. Hardwick changed the structure and got numbers back after Carlton were smashes us in the middle. Got numbers back and played mroe man on man for a bit and then got the Zone pretty well done for mine. The Hardwick Zone is mile sbetter than Wallaces imitation. It was so obvious Hardwick knew the ins and out of the Zone defence compared to seasons where Wallace tried to copy it. The players clearly knew where to stand and what spots were thinner than others. On many occasions the blues coffed it up because of teh zone. In previous years we'd have been lucky for it to happen twice in a game under Wallace.

"Do Not", how about you don't tell me to "do not"pal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't agree with your comments anyway and if Hardwick knew the in's and out's surely he should not have selected EDWARDS!!! If the game plan was that good why the hell did we get flogged????? Could you imagine the margin had Fev and Judd been in the side????? We would have been been flogged by more than last year, wake up, we have not progressed anyware other than "younger players"!!!!

::) embarrassing. I'm not your enemy WAT. relax.

Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2010, 01:58:47 PM »

Either two things need to happen with Nahas..
Three actually,
Needs to put his head over the ball. ::)
If he wanders outside F50, he is dragged (Not rotated ) and doesnt play the next 20 minutes. ::)
And please, some brainwave down at Punt Road give him a copy of Eddie Betts or Milne  video tape to see how its done, otherwise,just another postage stamp who is a waste of a spot on our list

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »
I am sure that Wallace would have done better last night with the core group of players he had at his disposal. I am not knocking Hardwick but geez, what the hell was going on???? I don't even think the players knew.

Round 1 last year ring any bells? Wallace didn't do too well, and he had Richo, Brown and Bowden in the side.

If Wallace was coaching, it would be his 6th year. It was Hardwicks first game. So it's not really fair to make that comparison.

I couldn't say with any confidence that Wallace would have done any better anyway.

Our first half was ok, the second half wasn't.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
absolutely ridiculous call to be passing judgement on Hardwick in his first game as coach. There are things going on behind the scenes that most have no idea about. When clarko was accused for 2 years of not having a clue, did he just magically learn how to coach?  ::) Bit more credit and realism, these guys know how to coach and know the best formations, but for a few seasons hardwick will be trying some (what seem) unorthodox tactics/selections/formations to get a good look at players out of their comfort zones, what strengths and weaknesses are  etc etc.

Tigermonk

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »
l want to know why a bunch of player / coaches cant play man on man football

no forward line for weeks now

jackstar is back again

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »
l want to know why a bunch of player / coaches cant play man on man football

no forward line for weeks now

Whats really disappointing about last night is this.
We never play the game on OUR terms, we lose structure and push players back behind the ball. not a good sign.
In a previous life ;)it was always a win for us ,when for instance we played Collingwood and Didak and Davis were chasing kicks outside F 50, why ? As they were never going to win the game with those blokes forced to play up the ground.
I am referring to our win against the Pies in 2004 ;) The game was played on our terms, one of the few over the past 5-6 years.
Leave it at that shell we.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2010, 07:02:49 PM »
Its pretty clear they are waiting on the development of Griffiths and Astbury as the 2 key forwards. Until then we are stranded with what we have at the moment.

One of the more sensible posts on this thread.

Toughen up ladies until the draftees develop we are stuck with the same old same old and putting one dud in for another will do jacksh!t for us.  The scary thing is we needed to be here two years ago.

Tigermonk

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »

Toughen up ladies until the draftees develop we are stuck with the same old same old and putting one dud in for another will do jacksh!t for us.  The scary thing is we needed to be here two years ago.

There are no excuses. Richmond is a AFL Professional football club who failed,  & failed in all departments over & over & over again.
Those draftees should be getting developed while other players are well into there careers doing the job in all positions playing AFL top quality football with the best skills
Too many people who never played football or at a high standard running a football club with no idea,  which has cost the club too many years.  it will never recover in my lifetime.

The real problem at Richmond & why they continue to draft skinny skilless players is some are lining there pockets & less is going into the club & players FACT

jackstar is back again

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »

There are no excuses. Richmond is a AFL Professional football club who failed,  & failed in all departments over & over & over again.
Those draftees should be getting developed while other players are well into there careers doing the job in all positions playing AFL top quality football with the best skills
Too many people who never played football or at a high standard running a football club with no idea,  which has cost the club too many years.  it will never recover in my lifetime.

The real problem at Richmond & why they continue to draft skinny skilless players is some are lining there pockets & less is going into the club & players FACT

Totally agree :thumbsup :clapping

Gigantor

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
just as a side note here..should roberts be carrying what appears to me excess luggage?...