Author Topic: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??  (Read 27685 times)

Ox

Re: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
Going by twitter Hardwick was very short at his post match presser.
Be interesting to read what he said.

Why ?

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
If this was a one-off shocker, I'd wait until tomorrow to calm down, and then post. But if our "efforts" against Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon weren't bad enough, this was, and it deserves all the rage it will no doubt get. Seriously, to think that we were "finals contenders" 3-4 weeks ago... Port Adelaide must now feel threatened for bottom spot. Utterly DISMAL performance, for the 4th week in a row.
Is that avatar you, Dizza?

It is. Was on Ch10, Round 1 last year.
Push up!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
Going by twitter Hardwick was very short at his post match presser.
Be interesting to read what he said.

Here's a snippet

You know (deep breath) and I'll keep emphasise with the group that we need to play out games.
It's bitterly disappointing for the footy club and its supporters if we keep dishing up up performances like that. (deep breath)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
too much spin
its not about playing out games Dimma
Its how you play the game.
Go and watch the Pies or the Cats and see how they play, hard fast footy

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
All but about 5 who post on this site are living in la la land.

Claw has made more sense in the last 2 years than everyone else put together including veterans like WP.

Talk of the rebuild is over, we are on the way up are the most funniest things over read since the tanned one was in charge.

How can you possibly expect to win with these 10 duds getting walk up starts in our 22.

No one with half a brain can honestly expect without a shadow of a doubt that we would beat GC today. I know i didnt!!

I slapped a nice amount on GC in the 3rd at 3/1. Baby seat paid for.

Dimma has had a poor month but he needs to stay for 3 years at the least to see it through. We need to see if he can coach. the issue is if he cant we would possible let go a golden opportunity to get Malthouse.

Can he coach time will tell but we have gone backwards in 12 months?
My biggest concerns are our tackle count is down so players are not listening to him, he still recruits players who cant kick and Conca "the hidden gem" is too short IMO to be the player we all hope he will be. At best he will be a back pocket player. Waste of a pick said it from day one.

IMO the biggest mistake he made is to come to a club like RFC with no experience in his coaching team. Not all clubs need experience but RFC does.

The sooner some of you get it in your head that we wont be making finals for at least 2-3 years the better you will feel.

I feel good now. Free baby seat means more than expecting our pathetic team would win.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline J Buckthorn

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
We are a joke. To many pedestrians.

Swing the axe on mediocrity.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Will Thursfield's efforts (read lack of) are disgraceful at times, why he is there instead of Post beggars belief IMO

Totally agree, we couldn't have played any worse having Post there.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2011, 06:47:02 PM »
Thank the stuffing lord I am in Zambia.

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
too much spin
its not about playing out games Dimma
Its how you play the game.
Go and watch the Pies or the Cats and see how they play, hard fast footy
Agree Jack but what else does he say to the media? I hope he has crack behind closed doors! I refuse to open his email this week it as they full of cliched crap i am afraid!
The Cats and $10 bets do play hard and fast footy because they have hard and fast footballers! We don't, unfortunately!But I'd like to see us try to at least!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
All but about 5 who post on this site are living in la la land.

Claw has made more sense in the last 2 years than everyone else put together including veterans like WP.

Talk of the rebuild is over, we are on the way up are the most funniest things over read since the tanned one was in charge.

How can you possibly expect to win with these 10 duds getting walk up starts in our 22.

No one with half a brain can honestly expect without a shadow of a doubt that we would beat GC today. I know i didnt!!

I slapped a nice amount on GC in the 3rd at 3/1. Baby seat paid for.

Dimma has had a poor month but he needs to stay for 3 years at the least to see it through. We need to see if he can coach. the issue is if he cant we would possible let go a golden opportunity to get Malthouse.

Can he coach time will tell but we have gone backwards in 12 months?
My biggest concerns are our tackle count is down so players are not listening to him, he still recruits players who cant kick and Conca "the hidden gem" is too short IMO to be the player we all hope he will be. At best he will be a back pocket player. Waste of a pick said it from day one.

IMO the biggest mistake he made is to come to a club like RFC with no experience in his coaching team. Not all clubs need experience but RFC does.

The sooner some of you get it in your head that we wont be making finals for at least 2-3 years the better you will feel.

I feel good now. Free baby seat means more than expecting our pathetic team would win.

Conca, now there is an interesting topic.
Overated and went before Heppell ::)
Is too small

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »
Francis Jackson, mmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
Francis Jackson, mmmmmmmmmmm

Craig Cameron LMFAO HAHA

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »
If this was a one-off shocker, I'd wait until tomorrow to calm down, and then post. But if our "efforts" against Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon weren't bad enough, this was, and it deserves all the rage it will no doubt get. Seriously, to think that we were "finals contenders" 3-4 weeks ago... Port Adelaide must now feel threatened for bottom spot. Utterly DISMAL performance, for the 4th week in a row.
Is that avatar you, Dizza?

It is. Was on Ch10, Round 1 last year.
Fair gobful your giving! Although it was warranted!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
just watched Dimmas press conference
said the Gold Coast were too good. ::)
( werent we 6 goals up ).
Also said that we deliberatedly slowed the game down in the 3rd quarter  quote, we wanted to hold onto the ball.
Sorry, we needed fast transition footy Dimma :banghead
Dimma, your not the answer son,
You havent the ability to get the club to go forward, sorry

10 FLAGS

« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
If he told the players to deliberately slow down the play then it shows a major lack of understanding. Very disappointing IMHO. Very disappointing. I was hoping he would do well as a coach but his reputation preceded him and he hasnt lived up to it to this point. I've been disappointed with some of his comments re jackson and edwards amongst other things, maybe this job was just too hard for Damien Hardwick.