Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920292 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1695 on: March 18, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
Cheers for the report Camboon  :thumbsup :cheers.

I went along to training today too. All the media were there when I arrived so there should be footage of training the newses tonight. They all had left after half an hour.

It was good to see Cogs back into full training. I think Coburg have an intraclub this weekend so hopefully we can get permission for Cogs to play so he has a quicker chance of getting back into the senor side eventually.

Cleve also did most of training except for a short while where he went down to the Yarra Falls end goals with a couple of trainers/coaches and did some pick-up and snaps at goal. It looked like they were testing out his second efforts and ground skills which a lack of is a criticism of Cleve.

I didn't see Polly as well as Axel. Foley they are resting up all week as mentioned in the other thread.

Connors was running 400m reps around the boundary with a bandage covering over the break in his finger. I don't know why Thommo was only doing laps.

Vickery didn't do a lot of the training with his busted lip.

Gourdis trained mostly so he must fine after the concussion he copped against Willy. He also did some running alongside Richo towards the end of training.

As for actual training it was pretty much similar to last week - drills of in-close handball and kick to kick footpassing on the run followed by more game-based drills as we fine tune and build up towards round 1. Another good session and one that makes me quietly optimistic especially with hearing Foley is okay.

Hi MT, thanks for that , you covered a all the bits I missed with interest. 

PS: all of a sudden we seem to have a bit of height about us - On average heights, Patto looked smaller
In addition I liked the bullet passes Patto did in the drills.

(That was me with the tall bloke sitting in the stand )

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1696 on: March 18, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
Thanks for the reports guys, not sure how I feel going into this game, really undecided at the moment.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1697 on: March 18, 2009, 07:29:12 PM »
PS: all of a sudden we seem to have a bit of height about us - On average heights, Patto looked smaller
In addition I liked the bullet passes Patto did in the drills.
A nice change from previous years to finally have plenty of height on our list albeit still young. One more big key forward would top it off.

Camboon you are right about Blingers footskills today. Apart from one missed target he was nailing a number of long penetrating passes from the centre to inside 50 amongst traffic. Let's hope he can now do that during the games.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1698 on: March 18, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
Yes lets hope MT, lets hope he does not get stage fright, we really need this kid to stand up this year. GO RICHIE!!! :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1699 on: March 18, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »
Cheers MT, Geez I hope Tambling takes it up a notch this year.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1700 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
Thanks for the reports guys, not sure how I feel going into this game, really undecided at the moment.

Come on WAT fire up man.

First game of the season and we are playing scumbag Carlton

Die Carlton scum die

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1701 on: March 19, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Well done Camboon on your report. Better to have 2 sets of eyes out their giving us the inside word than just the one (even though the one is usually extremely comprehensive hey MT! :thumbsup).

Best news for me was Tamblings skills and Cogs training. Wonder if he will get a gig sooner or later..???

Great to hear Foley is expected to play also.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1702 on: March 19, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
Well done Camboon on your report. Better to have 2 sets of eyes out their giving us the inside word than just the one (even though the one is usually extremely comprehensive hey MT! :thumbsup).

Best news for me was Tamblings skills and Cogs training. Wonder if he will get a gig sooner or later..???

Great to hear Foley is expected to play also.

Stripes
Spot on Stripes about the more reports the better. Great stuff Camboon  :thumbsup.

Cogs looked fine out there yesterday Stripes. Fortunately he only missed a couple of weeks now so he still has the bulk of the preseason behind him as preparation for the season ahead and he'll be right to play starting at Coburg when the season starts.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1703 on: March 19, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »

Come on WAT fire up man.

First game of the season and we are playing scumbag Carlton

Die Carlton scum die

I cant sleep as it s Gracie, I am fired up but worried at the same time.. ???

"Rucks:

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1704 on: March 22, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
what days are Richmond training this week?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1705 on: March 23, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »

Not sure but whenever it is, I'd say it will be a closed session.

Not that it will stop someone 'round here.   ;D  ;)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1706 on: March 23, 2009, 05:07:08 AM »

Not sure but whenever it is, I'd say it will be a closed session.

LOL TA

Yep it's a closed session. The RFC site says no open to the public training sessions this week.

richmondrules

« Reply #1707 on: March 23, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »

lol. Sounds like MT is no longer "the General Public".

You'll probably find he's been hired by Sheeds as part of the great RFC membership and propaganda  machine.

MT ? ? ? ? Is that you MT ? ? ? ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1708 on: March 23, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

lol. Sounds like MT is no longer "the General Public".

You'll probably find he's been hired by Sheeds as part of the great RFC membership and propaganda  machine.

MT ? ? ? ? Is that you MT ? ? ? ?

:rollin

The past 28 years was just a bad dream  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1709 on: March 24, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »
I headed down to training this morning to watch the final session before the game on Thursday night. They trained for just under 2 hours. It was a closed session so I can't go too much into specific details but they trained well.

In rehab:
Cotch - when we arrived he having a kick with the others in the warm-up before spending most of the session on the far side of the ground to us doing plenty of running. 100m and 200m.

Connors - still is waiting for his broken finger/hand to heal so he's limited to running as well to keep his fitness up until the finger comes good.

Thommo and Petts - joined in the handball and kicking drills but then ran laps while the game based drills were on.

Vickery also did the handball and kicking but that was about it.

Patto - was around the place early on but I didn't notice him after that.

Sugar - he looked to have done most of the training from what we saw. Not too sure how far away he is though.

Cogs - trained for most of the session then did laps. He's fine. Hopefully he plays for Coburg this weekend.

We appear to have no one "out" for a lengthy period (not that we want that). Virtually everyone in rehab is in the recovery phase of the rehab. Probably Cotch is the longest away from playing and that's round 3-4. Let's hope we have some good fortune as far no serious injuries.

As for training itself after the usual handball and kicking drills the game based drills they focussed on were run and carry and linking up from the backline to the forwards. I have to say apart from literally a couple of mistakes the skills were on today both by hand and especially by foot. Hopefully they take that training form into the game. 

McRae then spent some time taking them through tackling drills. Not only one-on-one "watch the hips" but also working together to stop the opposition receiver if the first opponent gets a handball off or the ball spills and it's play on.

After that they split into two teams and had a mini scratch match. Poor Collo had the match-up on Richo lol. Lids, Tuck and Jordie were the standouts for mine. They worked on a number of specific things. Nothing out of the ordinary really but not for public consumption. At least not until after Thursday.

Throughout the whole session the coaches emphasized that this was the last preseason training session and there is only 2 days to go so keep the intensity up  high which they did.

They then finished off with some goalkicking on the run. Geez I hope we keep straight this week  :pray. Jack brought out the party tricks where he flicked the ball on the outside of the right foot through for a goal.

Towards the end of training Post, Silvester, Cogs, JON and Gilligan were doing laps. Speaking of party tricks, at the end of his last lap Alroy finished off with somersaults and flips which were impressive. He then kicked a goal and did a backwards somersault. He had the shirt off too. He should be in the NFL   ;D.

After main training had finished the squad of 25 split from the rest and Terry had a long chat with them in a huddle. Cambo then took the midfielders and rucks Simmo and Browne for some more centrebounce work.

And that was it. Now for the real stuff  :gotigers.