Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920219 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1740 on: April 02, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
I actually seen 20 minutes of that today.
If they dish that crap up on saturday, they will get slaughtered

They trained terrible

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1741 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »
I actually seen 20 minutes of that today.
If they dish that crap up on saturday, they will get slaughtered

They trained terrible

Are you really that surprised Jack?

instead of starting the drill again they probably just continued on as if nothing happened.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1742 on: April 03, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
Foley went to a trainer midway through the session about his sprained ankle and sort some treatment but he returned about 5-10 minutes to main training so he's thankfully okay.

I wondered about this and his disposal last Thursday.  I know his disposal is not up there with the best but usually it is better than avergae and miles in front of his last game.

I think a strapped or needled ankle may have affected his disposal, I'm not even too sure if his injured ankle is his kicking leg but even if it is the support leg having an injury on that one can affect disposal.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1743 on: April 03, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
SEN saying Cousins ran some light laps again this morning at training. He's expected back in round 5.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1744 on: April 03, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »
Foley went to a trainer midway through the session about his sprained ankle and sort some treatment but he returned about 5-10 minutes to main training so he's thankfully okay.

I wondered about this and his disposal last Thursday.  I know his disposal is not up there with the best but usually it is better than avergae and miles in front of his last game.

I think a strapped or needled ankle may have affected his disposal, I'm not even too sure if his injured ankle is his kicking leg but even if it is the support leg having an injury on that one can affect disposal.
WP said something similar to what you said Chucky during the game last week. That's what it seemed like given Axel made 9 clangers all up :-\. Still if you cross the line you are classing yourself as 100%.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1745 on: April 03, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »

WP said something similar to what you said Chucky during the game last week. That's what it seemed like given Axel made 9 clangers all up :-\. Still if you cross the line you are classing yourself as 100%.

foley has had a history of suspect and bad disposal, it is just a miracle that no one has exposed this til now, but you watch his clanger count mount up this year. im not a big fan of mcmahon, but foley makes more clangers than macca but because he has a loved reputation it gets unnoticed
even tivendale made less kicking errors than foley

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1746 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
foley has had a history of suspect and bad disposal, it is just a miracle that no one has exposed this til now, but you watch his clanger count mount up this year. im not a big fan of mcmahon, but foley makes more clangers than macca but because he has a loved reputation it gets unnoticed
Foley makes more errors because most of his disposals are contested and in heavy traffic
Check out Judds effective disposal stats and you will find it's not much better

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1747 on: April 03, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol
judds disposal not much more effective than foleys  :lol :lol
 :rollin :rollin :rollin
this is why so many people at tigerfand because we think we are much better than we are
now i have heard it all

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1748 on: April 03, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »
this is why so many people at tigerfand because we think we are much better than we are
now i have heard it all

I think the only person portraying that lately at Tigerfand is you TT, are you a person or an alter ego of someone else

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1749 on: April 03, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
:lol :lol :lol
judds disposal not much more effective than foleys  :lol :lol
 :rollin :rollin :rollin
now i have heard it all
You are the one having a go at Foley over his clanger count, it's actually very common for inside midfielders to have a low disposal efficiency. It's why McMahon had the highest disposal efficiency in the AFL last year during the season despite his massive clangers, because he is an outside player and he always has time to dispose of the ball. Foley is predominantly in the guts in congestion and is disposing in traffic or getting tackled as he disposes of the ball. This was never about comparing Judd & Foley as players, simply explaining why things are the way they are.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1750 on: April 04, 2009, 09:50:32 AM »
Foley makes more errors because most of his disposals are contested and in heavy traffic
Check out Judds effective disposal stats and you will find it's not much better

Okay no worries comparing the 2 of them and their kicking effieciently is laughable.

Judd is a gun. Number 1 at contested footy in the business and Foley has shown nothing lets be honest. Ive seen Foley rtack up the clanger count and there was not an opposition in sight.

he is not our worst by any means

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1751 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:40 AM »
no one but rfc rate foley  and the longer he plays the more and more his bad disposal will be evident
the only thing foley is good at is winning the ball, but what is the point of winning the ball if you are handing straight to the opposition
opposition teams let foley win the ball, because he rarely rarely hurts teams

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1752 on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »
no one but rfc rate foley  and the longer he plays the more and more his bad disposal will be evident
the only thing foley is good at is winning the ball, but what is the point of winning the ball if you are handing straight to the opposition
Yeah because he is tagged and was chosen to represent Victoria last year for no reason.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:20:45 PM by one-eyed »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1753 on: April 04, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
Yeah because he is tagged and was chosen to represent Victoria last year for no reason.  ::)

chosen for vic

it was an exhibition game, did i see foley make AA, no and he never will, yet many of you all bag bowden who has twice

typical rfc supporter over rating our players and not seeing the bigger picture

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:18:57 PM by one-eyed »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1754 on: April 04, 2009, 11:31:51 AM »

chosen for vic

it was an exhibition game, did i see foley make AA, no and he never will, yet many of you all bag bowden who has twice

It may have been an exhibitition game but have a look at those teams and tell me they weren't regarded as the best in the game.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:20:12 PM by one-eyed »
EAT EM ALIVE!