Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920287 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1950 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
when do they start training at Craigy?

:)
I think they have to build the pavilion first as there's no changeroom facilities right now.

does that not surprise anyone  ;D Richmond always do things backwards
Talk about taking any chance you can to stick the boot in

Weren't you leaving?

not sticking the boot in, its bloody common sence to have one place ready before you start ripping the other down.
l bet your the type of person that lives in a half built house

you gunna make me leave  :lol  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1951 on: October 29, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »
Enough with the childish insults. Posts have been snipped!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1952 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
its bloody common sence to have one place ready before you start ripping the other down.
But that's what the Club is doing TM.

The Social Club (including the old Tiger Den shop) is the only thing that has been knocked down so far. The training facilities and clubrooms are in the David Mandie building next door and in the Jack Dyer stand so the players are unaffected. The new player facilities will be built first and finished before they start guttering out the ground level of the JD stand where the Museum will go.

Craigieburn is a separate facility and is independent of what is happening at Punt Rd. The pavilion which is half-built already will be finished around Feb/March next year.

The main issue for the footy dept. isn't the state of Punt Rd or Craigieburn but where will we hold our closed training sessions from now on given Vic Park is going to be redeveloped and opened up to the public. You can't hold closed sessions at Punt Rd or Craigieburn even when finished.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #1953 on: October 30, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »
its bloody common sence to have one place ready before you start ripping the other down.
But that's what the Club is doing TM.

The Social Club (including the old Tiger Den shop) is the only thing that has been knocked down so far. The training facilities and clubrooms are in the David Mandie building next door and in the Jack Dyer stand so the players are unaffected. The new player facilities will be built first and finished before they start guttering out the ground level of the JD stand where the Museum will go.

Craigieburn is a separate facility and is independent of what is happening at Punt Rd. The pavilion which is half-built already will be finished around Feb/March next year.

The main issue for the footy dept. isn't the state of Punt Rd or Craigieburn but where will we hold our closed training sessions from now on given Vic Park is going to be redeveloped and opened up to the public. You can't hold closed sessions at Punt Rd or Craigieburn even when finished.

Thanks for clearing that up MT
could always build a high fence around Punt Road. The build walls on freeways so why not around the Punt road oval.
Its not like a huge crowd gathers outside on busy Punt road to watch football or cricket

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1954 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
I'm sure one of the big private schools may be able to accommodate closed training sessions. Most of them I'm sure are fully fenced and have security.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1955 on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »
I was told where they think we'll be training for closed sessions so they do have something in mind. I'm just not sure if it's set in concrete.

Thanks for clearing that up MT
could always build a high fence around Punt Road. The build walls on freeways so why not around the Punt road oval.
Its not like a huge crowd gathers outside on busy Punt road to watch football or cricket
Actually there were a few people on Wednesday who stopped to watch us train as they were walking past the fence along Punt Rd. Even included some construction workers lol.

I don't think they'll ever build a wall around the perimeter of Punt Rd oval as it would be seen as a unnecessary expense and it'll become a graffitist haven.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1956 on: October 30, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »
Closed Sessions at the MCG?
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1957 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »
Closed Sessions at the MCG?

Not a hope - any team is lucky to get to train at the MCG once a year - especially the tennants

Actually the using the private scholls is a good idea. There is a very good sports complex down near where I work in Port Melb - owned by Melb Grammar  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1958 on: October 30, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
Does anyone know when they train again at Yarra Park / Punt Road?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1959 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »
I know they were training this morning at Punt Rd. Not sure where yet next week.

We are not allowed to train at Gosch's Paddock this summer apparently. Collingwood won't let us because they claim other clubs wreck the turf for them ::). And no I'm not joking.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1960 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »
I know they were training this morning at Punt Rd. Not sure where yet next week.

We are not allowed to train at Gosch's Paddock this summer apparently. Collingwood won't let us because they claim other clubs wreck the turf for them ::). And no I'm not joking.
Collingwood are just pure scum. Remember when they played Fitroy at Vic park when Fitzroy were co tennants at Vic Park? Their banner said "Fitzroy, Co Tennants or unwelcome house guests?"
Well, that  pond scum are now the unwelcome house guests at the the MCG.
Malthouse is even having a sook about their draw
 :chuck :chuck :chuck
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1961 on: October 30, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »

When did Collingwood buy Gosch's Paddock? I thought it was a public ground. Does this also mean the Storm can't train there either?

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1962 on: October 30, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »
Where are we training on monday? I wanna head down as I have the day off work for once!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1963 on: October 30, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
I believe we are training Monday Vogs but not sure where as yet. If I can find out before Monday I'll send you a PM.

When did Collingwood buy Gosch's Paddock? I thought it was a public ground. Does this also mean the Storm can't train there either?
Well Collingwood use it as their own. They have their signage and sponsors plastered along the boundary fence.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1964 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »
Well Collingwood use it as their own. They have their signage and sponsors plastered along the boundary fence.

this is because when the Govt decided to build the rectangular stadium the Pies lost "edward Flack reserve" which was part of the Lexus Centre development. The rectangle stadium is being built where "edwin flack reserve" was

Trade off is they get Gosch's Paddock - Pies were well within their rights to demand a replacement ground for something they actually have along term lease for.

If it was us instead of them, we'd have wanted the same  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)