Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920236 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2025 on: November 11, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
Can someone paste here please, work has blocked BF website! Thanks.

Just posted this on PRE - for those that are interested, I thought I'd cut and paste!Went to training today... Circa 9:30AM - 11:30AM - Wednesday's seems to be the 'main' session at this stage!Firstly - everyone in attendance except Richo, Polo, Hislop.Rehab group consisted of Foley, Cotchin, Tambling and one / two others I couldn't make out (maybe Farmer?).A lot of ball work today - in fact, all drills were kicking related - and rarely were these stagnant drills. A lot of circle work - in terms of different groups around the oval and a lot of contested work being done...Rhan Hooper to be looks fat / bloated - and as such spent most of the session running laps with one of our trainers - he was blowing pretty hard too... Still his skills were there to see when taking part in the drills (probably the first 45 minutes with laps thereafter).Deledio and White spent the second half of the session away from the group - 200 metre times sprints about 15 meters sperating them. Cousins and Collins joined them for the last 20 minutes of the session - endurance training?All in all I liked what I saw - for those who have watched a pre Hardwick session, there was not a lot of involvment from assistants... Under Hardwick, its one in, all in! Hardwick, Lade, Campbell and Leppa were all business for the entire session...As said above, a lot of contested / match like training... Skills looked good - but they tend to on the training track...The two Irish kids were there - not much of either one and you can tell their kicking action is a work in progress - they spent a decent amount of time away from the group with Tim Clarke on kicking, on the run and stationary - and fwiw I though Clarke was really impressive...General observations - Connors looks sharp (has the skills...), Edwards, albeit still skinny looks to be getting bigger and looked great today - took off like lightening every chance he got, Rance (cant kick - not being funny but he missed more than he hit...) Post - gee I like this kid... And his set shot is very good - would love him in the forward line... Reiwoldt (getting very big in the quads / legs - looking good nonetheless).From what I saw today - and from what we've heard from the club re development - I wouldn't be aty all surprised to see King, McMahon, Tuck, etc play very few games next year - in their place I think its feasible that they'd be trying to get 22 games into Collins, Cotchin, Connors, Farmer, etc...

(GoTigers84)

Edit: Posted with permission from GoTigers84  :)  :cheers
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:59:22 PM by one-eyed »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2026 on: November 11, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »
Cheers al!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2027 on: November 12, 2009, 09:04:38 AM »
Cheers mate, appreciate it! Good report, interesting that Hooper is still fat! Apart from Rance impressed with what was posted, good to see Hardwick et al getting involved in the training! And my favourite part was the last 2 sentences ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2028 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2029 on: November 13, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »
I just called reception at Punt Road and they said that all training sessions were closed.  How do you guys know when / where to go, and is there any hassle in getting in?

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2030 on: November 13, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
I just called reception at Punt Road and they said that all training sessions were closed.  How do you guys know when / where to go, and is there any hassle in getting in?
Punt Rd Oval is a construction site while the redevelopment is going on but you can normally find spots to watch. Check your PMs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2031 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

Punt Rd Oval is a construction site while the redevelopment is going on but you can normally find spots to watch. Check your PMs.
[/quote]

MT I would like a heads up PM on training venues for Tuesday & Wednesday 1st & 2nd Dec, Im flying over from WA for the Club 80 night on Tuesday 1st

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2032 on: November 13, 2009, 06:37:36 PM »

MT I would like a heads up PM on training venues for Tuesday & Wednesday 1st & 2nd Dec, Im flying over from WA for the Club 80 night on Tuesday 1st
[/quote]
I'll send a PM taz closer to the date as I don't know that far ahead. I don't know exactly when and where we are training next week as times and venue can change at the last minute :-\. If I forget taz send me a reminder via PM just before you head over.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2033 on: November 13, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »

I'll send a PM taz closer to the date as I don't know that far ahead. I don't know exactly when and where we are training next week as times and venue can change at the last minute :-\. If I forget taz send me a reminder via PM just before you head over.
[/quote]

Im on the redeye Monday 30th so I will PM during the day,

cheers

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2034 on: November 13, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »

Im on the redeye Monday 30th so I will PM during the day,

cheers
[/quote]
Okay taz I'll try to find out by then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2035 on: November 14, 2009, 04:31:17 PM »
RFCTigerarmy has some pics from yesterday's training

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647617&page=5

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2036 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2037 on: November 14, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
Good on you OE, geez I hope those legs/knees of Collins hold up, they have no muscle on them at all.... ???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2038 on: November 15, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Good on you OE, geez I hope those legs/knees of Collins hold up, they have no muscle on them at all.... ???
Collo's arms although not big are getting some definition though going by those pics. I'm looking forward to see how he goes next year. Hopefully in time he adds quality and depth to our midfield rotation.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2039 on: November 15, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »
Collo's arms although not big are getting some definition though going by those pics. I'm looking forward to see how he goes next year. Hopefully in time he adds quality and depth to our midfield rotation.

I am looking forward to him having an impact next year too MT, just hope the body can hold up.. :pray

"Rucks: