Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920189 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2145 on: December 10, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
Sticking with the low key approach to preseason training presumably. There's a session tomorrow morning for the fans.

Well there's problem number 1 ...Morning session, not much use for those who work and when kids are at school.

Second point I've been told it has nothing to do with any "low key approach" Mr One-Eyed. The reason being given is it's because of the re-development
True WP although there's still room in front of and up in the Jack Dyer stand for fans to watch training. You just won't be able to fit 2000 people in Punt Rd Oval like last year with Cuz's first training session.

Blame Hardwick for the early morning times  :eyebrow. On Wednesday they trained all morning and then the afternoon was taken up with boxing. Jake King had a smile on his face when he mentioned they were off to do boxing  ;D.

Tigermonk

« Reply #2146 on: December 10, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
Hope Hardwick has a role for Kingy this year, l got a feeling he will get a better go under him & produce something

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2147 on: December 10, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
oh well at least we can see it changing down there.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2148 on: December 10, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »
Hope Hardwick has a role for Kingy this year, l got a feeling he will get a better go under him & produce something

Kingy should have a good year anyway, he had injuries leading into the season and during the season hence his poor form. He only got over the injuries late in the year and thats why he played a few games. NO excuses from this bloke now with a pre-season behind him.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2149 on: December 10, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »

Kingy should have a good year anyway, he had injuries leading into the season and during the season hence his poor form. He only got over the injuries late in the year and thats why he played a few games. NO excuses from this bloke now with a pre-season behind him.
Kingy will be fighting for his AFL career in 2010 that's for sure. He only survived because he was contracted. If he doesn't cement his spot in our best 22 then he'll be out the door this time next year you'd reckon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

Kingy will be fighting for his AFL career in 2010 that's for sure. He only survived because he was contracted. If he doesn't cement his spot in our best 22 then he'll be out the door this time next year you'd reckon.

Do you know what, I would be tempted to plonk him in a forward pocket opposite Nahas (other pocket) to see how he goes with a forward such as Reiwoldt, Post or Griffiths.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2151 on: December 10, 2009, 11:17:57 PM »
If anything King tackles hard and shows some grunt so at least the opposition defence may have a hard time getting it out. Nahas I think has footy smarts and has a dip I just think King has a dip with not many footy smarts and poor disposal. Only as a pinch hitter can he be used forward with all his deficiencies. Maybe he can just get up the noses of the opposition defenders with few stats and start all in brawls that makes the opposition lose focus. Every club has a player like that.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2152 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
If anything King tackles hard and shows some grunt so at least the opposition defence may have a hard time getting it out. Nahas I think has footy smarts and has a dip I just think King has a dip with not many footy smarts and poor disposal. Only as a pinch hitter can he be used forward with all his deficiencies. Maybe he can just get up the noses of the opposition defenders with few stats and start all in brawls that makes the opposition lose focus. Every club has a player like that.

Well with King and Nahas in the forward pockets, both very good tacklers, surley the forward pressure would be better than it has been x 2. Crumbing midfielders and forwards could have a field day.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2153 on: December 11, 2009, 12:10:57 AM »
Do you know what, I would be tempted to plonk him in a forward pocket opposite Nahas (other pocket) to see how he goes with a forward such as Reiwoldt, Post or Griffiths.
Due to their below par footskills I can only see a spot for Kingy and even Tucky up forward if they are play at AFL level instead of Coburg. So not the worst idea out there WAT. At least turnovers won't hurt as much  :-\. Tucky isn't a bad set shot at goal either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2154 on: December 11, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »
Due to their below par footskills I can only see a spot for Kingy and even Tucky up forward if they are play at AFL level instead of Coburg. So not the worst idea out there WAT. At least turnovers won't hurt as much  :-\. Tucky isn't a bad set shot at goal either.

Thats right MT, really agree with the Tuck call, but if King wen't to kick it out if bounds on purpose he may jag a goal or 2......get him down there ::)

"Rucks:

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2155 on: December 11, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
i think Tuck up forward as a small forward could be good!

he is a big body!

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2156 on: December 11, 2009, 01:26:35 AM »
i think Tuck up forward as a small forward could be good!

he is a big body!

:)

He is actually quite tall, and he plays tall too!

"Rucks:

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2157 on: December 11, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
I dropped in at training this morning. Couldn't stay long, but you'll be pleased to know that Cotchin was doing full training. He was taking part in a match simulation drill with two sides playing keepings off by hand and foot, and was twisting, turning, and accelarating comfortably.

tony_montana

« Reply #2158 on: December 11, 2009, 12:13:21 PM »
I dropped in at training this morning. Couldn't stay long, but you'll be pleased to know that Cotchin was doing full training. He was taking part in a match simulation drill with two sides playing keepings off by hand and foot, and was twisting, turning, and accelarating comfortably.

thats some of the best news in months :cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2159 on: December 11, 2009, 12:31:32 PM »

Great news RR.

THANK YOU GOD

"Rucks: