Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920218 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2190 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »
I see Nahas is running in that group as well and I incorrectly reported that he was not at training. I never saw him as part of any of the training drills so I'm unsure whether he was excluded from full training or I just missed him on the day.  ???

No MT, I am happy to bow to your superior training knowledge.  :bow With all the oversights I made (ie it was Vickery in the last marking drill not Griffith, Nahas WAS at training etc) I think your job is more than safe. Certainly makes me appreciate your insight more and how difficult it is to identify players at this stage of the year. That was my first training session and I am unlikely to attend another until late Jan if at all.  :-\

I think you could be correct al, Griffiths looks like he will be more than fine much quicker than the footy world believed he would. The big slight on him was that he was injury prone but from the people I know who have inside knowledge of him, he is not injury prone at all. His shoulder etc could have been blown up by certain medico's who may have had links to the Tigers but who's to say  :whistle As always time will tell whether he is a find or otherwise.

Post looks big already MT which is scary at his age. If he continues to increase in size then he will be a monster and we may have an embarrassment of riches with forwards in the future  :pray

The media are reporting that we are likely to take Grimes in the PSD.

Stripes

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #2191 on: December 14, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »

Here's some more pics: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LjIB4DCnfAh/Richmond+Tigers+Training+Session

The indigenous kid is definitely Roberts from the below photo.

Trying to figure the others. Kadhelfelt is next to Edwards. Grimes I think is in front of Jake King. I'm not sure who the two next to Grimes are?

On the right of Grimes is Troy Taylor, I think, and next to him is Hicks (pretty sure on that).

I don't think they'll rookie Kadhelfelt.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #2192 on: December 14, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »
I see Nahas is running in that group as well and I incorrectly reported that he was not at training. I never saw him as part of any of the training drills so I'm unsure whether he was excluded from full training or I just missed him on the day.  ???

No MT, I am happy to bow to your superior training knowledge.  :bow With all the oversights I made (ie it was Vickery in the last marking drill not Griffith, Nahas WAS at training etc) I think your job is more than safe. Certainly makes me appreciate your insight more and how difficult it is to identify players at this stage of the year. That was my first training session and I am unlikely to attend another until late Jan if at all.  :-\

Stripes - I'm pretty sure you are right, that Nahas was not there. He wasn't observed in the 2 hours I saw.

Con65

« Reply #2193 on: December 14, 2009, 12:27:19 PM »
A picture paints a thousand words...isnt Nahas the one with the footy in his hand?

MT your reports are always cherished, its the main reason why i come to this site... :thumbsup

Stripes, dont be so hard on yourself, that was a super post.  :thumbsup Out of interest did you take any notes or just remembered stuff in your head - I ask this cos Duncan from Y&B was spoken to by Ross M for taking notes last Friday (which I thought was quite amusing given it was a Claytons Open day).

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2194 on: December 14, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
A picture paints a thousand words...isnt Nahas the one with the footy in his hand?

MT your reports are always cherished, its the main reason why i come to this site... :thumbsup

Stripes, dont be so hard on yourself, that was a super post.  :thumbsup Out of interest did you take any notes or just remembered stuff in your head - I ask this cos Duncan from Y&B was spoken to by Ross M for taking notes last Friday (which I thought was quite amusing given it was a Claytons Open day).

I read that post and I did take a couple of quick notes to remind me of drills etc later. Most of it I just remembered. Amazing the things I remember yet if my wife asks me to remember to buy milk on the way home or what she told me about the neighbor only the day before, I draw a blank.  :whistle 

Interesting that he would be stopped from taking notes when Harvey and Lappin sat and watched the whole session quite openly. Bloody wankers by the way - had no idea really. Keep whispering to themselves about various drills and made some ridiculous assumptions, errors in player names and even terrible generalizations.

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2195 on: December 14, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

I read that post and I did take a couple of quick notes to remind me of drills etc later. Most of it I just remembered. Amazing the things I remember yet if my wife asks me to remember to buy milk on the way home or what she told me about the neighbor only the day before, I draw a blank.  :whistle 

Interesting that he would be stopped from taking notes when Harvey and Lappin sat and watched the whole session quite openly. Bloody wankers by the way - had no idea really. Keep whispering to themselves about various drills and made some ridiculous assumptions, errors in player names and even terrible generalizations.

Stripes

Any news on Farmer Stripes...please??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2196 on: December 14, 2009, 08:10:40 PM »

Here's some more pics: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LjIB4DCnfAh/Richmond+Tigers+Training+Session

The indigenous kid is definitely Roberts from the below photo.

Trying to figure the others. Kadhelfelt is next to Edwards. Grimes I think is in front of Jake King. I'm not sure who the two next to Grimes are?

On the right of Grimes is Troy Taylor, I think, and next to him is Hicks (pretty sure on that).

I don't think they'll rookie Kadhelfelt.
Cheers GB. Taylor must have got his locks cropped since I last saw him at training.

Any reason why you think Kadhelfelt won't be rookied?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2197 on: December 14, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
When I was last watching training at Monash last Wednesday week, Farmer needs to get his endurance up based on the 5 x 1km runs they did. He was really feeling it by the last one and one of the last to finish.

I won't envy them training this Wednesday when it'll be 39 degrees  :help :P
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2198 on: December 15, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »

Sorry WA Tiger, I didn't take note of him. All the new players were hard for me to identify.  :(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2199 on: December 16, 2009, 03:48:57 AM »
Some news on Farmer from BF:

has just had a minor sholder opp on thursday no running 4 ten days by all reports all is ok

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16483044&postcount=243

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2200 on: December 17, 2009, 05:47:23 AM »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2201 on: December 17, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »
Training report on BF:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16499810&postcount=251

Thanks OE for posting the link. Sounds like Rance is still just running. Makes me think he has an upper body issue - shoulder, hand etc ??? Didn't have any strapping though ???

Good to hear Grimes looks like a draft steal too.

Thanks

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2202 on: December 17, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
It appears the squad is doing some "Amazing Race" bonding exercise....

"Been catching the train to Traralgon the last few weeks from SC, and I had a pleasent surprise this morning.

The guys came in groups of 6-7 through the station carrying mini back packs (and sleeping bags). It looked like they were in teams as each had diferent colours, but they had the Richmond bags and apparel. Ever 5 minutes a team came through the station from Ethihad direction and out the other side...

Just letting you know what I saw... "

--------------------------

"The Amazing Race.

Richmond Style."

"It is actually.

It's the theme of our camp that runs until Saturday."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16502864&postcount=1

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2203 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

"Been catching the train to Traralgon the last few weeks from SC, and I had a pleasent surprise this morning.

The guys came in groups of 6-7 through the station carrying mini back packs (and sleeping bags). It looked like they were in teams as each had diferent colours, but they had the Richmond bags and apparel. Ever 5 minutes a team came through the station from Ethihad direction and out the other side...

"The Amazing Race.

Richmond Style."

"It is actually.

Thanks OE, did you notice if the teams they were in were the same as their positions on the field??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

« Reply #2204 on: December 17, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »

"The Amazing Race.

Richmond Style."

"It is actually.

Thanks OE, did you notice if the teams they were in were the same as their positions on the field??

It was a quote from bigfooty, I don't think OE was there.

:wallywink