Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920202 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2610 on: November 08, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
So when's the next scheduled open training session after the National Draft?  :P
Draft is Thursday night Nov 18 on the Gold Coast.....

Training times
Friday November 19: 11am (Craigieburn)

Monday November 22: 11am

I'm guessing Stripes the new draftees' first appearance will be at the Monday session.

You're a champion OE!  :thumbsup The Monday session you think...I'll try and get the day off  :cheers
I asked the Club to make sure Stripes and they are also saying it'll be most likely the Monday after the draft (Nov 22).

Thanks OE! You're a good man to know.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2611 on: November 10, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
Tigers fans- 1/2 way through the days training- done around 6km of drills and brett deledio is my vote for best on track-sets a high standrd

http://twitter.com/MitchMorton

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #2613 on: November 10, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
Nice to read a training report but it was very positive. I've become a bit cynical went it comes to positive training reports. Somehow they lose a lot of credibility. Become a bit of a fluff story.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2614 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:03 AM »
Every year its the same positive stuff from the reports at training...........I love it!!!!

Go Rance...... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2615 on: November 15, 2010, 02:12:03 PM »
Good first up session for the week about 8.5 or 9km all up! some boys did bit more. big Jacky Roo back so smiles on fans faces!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2616 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
Big day of pumping iron at tigerland- trying to beef the young boys up, my group did 1hr 45 mins in gym today- solid performance!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2617 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
half way through a massive day at tigerland! great to see jack reiwoldt up and running again, even after his pancakes this morning :)

Kolchy on BF said the boys were running drills from end-to-end and he's posted some pics

http://kolchy.com/media/rfc/2010/training/101117/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2618 on: November 17, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
huge day at the tig's...footy training and running in the arvo! best on for the day probably Lids again- im getting sick of saying it haha

Kolchy on BF's training report:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19595563&postcount=204

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2619 on: November 22, 2010, 06:47:41 AM »
Anyone here heading down to training today to see the new draftees?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2620 on: November 22, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »
I was going to but work got in the way  :banghead I'll make sure I go in the next two weeks.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #2621 on: November 22, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
Yeh i did fella's ive done a write up here!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771936&page=16

Any questions and im happy to answer!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Training report - Monday Nov 22
« Reply #2622 on: November 22, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
watching training today. They trained for at least 2.5 hours in midday 30 degree heat  :P.

RFC regulars present and did the full training were:
Thursty, Lids, Martin, Cotch (looks super fit and able to do full training now :thumbsup ), Newman, Rance, Morton, Tuck, Nahas, Vickery, Gourdis, Browne, White, Post, O'Reilly, Dea, Contin, Hicks and Westhoff. Rance is ripped while Browne looks to have trimmed down a touch - perhaps to improve his mobility.

Of the newbies:
Houli and Miller did the whole session.

Batchelor, Helbig, MacDonald and Derickx participated at the start and end of training with the main group. They stayed out of the tactical gameplay drills. While that was going on they did half a dozen 200m runs around the outer side of Punt Rd Oval. Helbig and Derickx look the most likely to push for a debut next year. MacDonald is solid but his fitness is behind the others. Conca didn't do much as he's coming back from injury IIRC. A lap at the most with one of the trainers.

Some Coburg ring-ins as well - Jakobi, Clifton, Kadhlefelt, Jones(?) and BF saying Fewster as well.

Astbury only did the warm-up and Jack did some goalkicking before the others started. They were both walking around fine in the stands later on in their training gear signing autographs.

Gus' ankle has flared up again so he hardly trained and went inside the rooms early.

Farmer and Nason I saw appear near the end of training watching.

I didn't see Connors, Griffiths, Foley, Moore, Edwards, Taylor at all.

As far as training itself they began with a warm-up including short-stepping through ladder rope before the footys were brought out. It looked like they were working on 1-on-1 and zonal tactics. and working on hitting-up teammates who found space in a zone or if the down the line kick wasn't on then switching back and across to the other side. This was first done with kicks only and then handball only with the 'attacking' side (green singlets0) maintaining possession from the defenders (red singlets). I was talking with friends so I didn't keep an eye on all the drills. As happened last year there were at time specific drills for the forwards, mids and defenders. Training finished with some running. A couple of 800s and then finished off with a km run. Whitey, Cotch, Hicks, Houli and Lids finished top 5 most times. Martin was really struggling and needing to push himself in the final lap of the km run and finished 2nd last ahead of a Coburg player. Obviously as Dimma said in the Fighting Tiger, Dusty needs to improve his outside game which means improving his endurance running.

Any questions fire away. Pics to come.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #2623 on: November 22, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »
It was Definantly Fewster there MT, i asked Brendan Lade after training about him and he said it was him!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2624 on: November 22, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
It was Definantly Fewster there MT, i asked Brendan Lade after training about him and he said it was him!
Cheers Nugget. Was Hislop there? I didn't see him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd