Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920256 times)

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2625 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »
It was Definantly Fewster there MT, i asked Brendan Lade after training about him and he said it was him!
Cheers Nugget. Was Hislop there? I didn't see him.

Nah i didnt see him mate and i was looking for him to see if he had improved but both me and THE_GUN couldnt find him!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2626 on: November 22, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »
Thanks guys for your reports. What was the story with Dusty and Cotch? Dusty sounds like he is miles off the pace with his endurance - makes it hard for him break packs, find space or move away from the stoppages otherwise. I hope he can improve this quickly.

The injury to Gus could come at a worse time for him if the new ruckman steps up...

How about the 2nd string players such as White, Edwards, King, Dea etc? Any word on them?

Stripes

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #2627 on: November 22, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
Thanks guys for your reports. What was the story with Dusty and Cotch? Dusty sounds like he is miles off the pace with his endurance - makes it hard for him break packs, find space or move away from the stoppages otherwise. I hope he can improve this quickly.

The injury to Gus could come at a worse time for him if the new ruckman steps up...

How about the 2nd string players such as White, Edwards, King, Dea etc? Any word on them?

Stripes

Dusty is fine, it seems the club is just really pushing him so he improves his endurance! he was fine today but he was puffing by the end, keep in mind it was 30 degrees they were training in!
There will be no 2nd year blues for Dusty, he's in great nick!
Kingy didnt compete training today but he did come out and was having a kick, he is fine, i think today was his gym day! He has some nice ink on his left arm and back, didnt think it was possible but it has to make him atleast 20% tougher!
Dea looked good! was working hard he just needs to show he can dominate VFL and he will be straight in! really strong build and powerful legs!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Training report - Monday Nov 22
« Reply #2628 on: November 22, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »
how much bigger does rance
look from last season?

watching training today. They trained for at least 2.5 hours in midday 30 degree heat  :P.

RFC regulars present and did the full training were:
Thursty, Lids, Martin, Cotch (looks super fit and able to do full training now :thumbsup ), Newman, Rance, Morton, Tuck, Nahas, Vickery, Gourdis, Browne, White, Post, O'Reilly, Dea, Contin, Hicks and Westhoff. Rance is ripped while Browne looks to have trimmed down a touch - perhaps to improve his mobility.

Of the newbies:
Houli and Miller did the whole session.

Batchelor, Helbig, MacDonald and Derickx participated at the start and end of training with the main group. They stayed out of the tactical gameplay drills. While that was going on they did half a dozen 200m runs around the outer side of Punt Rd Oval. Helbig and Derickx look the most likely to push for a debut next year. MacDonald is solid but his fitness is behind the others. Conca didn't do much as he's coming back from injury IIRC. A lap at the most with one of the trainers.

Some Coburg ring-ins as well - Jakobi, Clifton, Kadhlefelt, Jones(?) and BF saying Fewster as well.

Astbury only did the warm-up and Jack did some goalkicking before the others started. They were both walking around fine in the stands later on in their training gear signing autographs.

Gus' ankle has flared up again so he hardly trained and went inside the rooms early.

Farmer and Nason I saw appear near the end of training watching.

I didn't see Connors, Griffiths, Foley, Moore, Edwards, Taylor at all.

As far as training itself they began with a warm-up including short-stepping through ladder rope before the footys were brought out. It looked like they were working on 1-on-1 and zonal tactics. and working on hitting-up teammates who found space in a zone or if the down the line kick wasn't on then switching back and across to the other side. This was first done with kicks only and then handball only with the 'attacking' side (green singlets0) maintaining possession from the defenders (red singlets). I was talking with friends so I didn't keep an eye on all the drills. As happened last year there were at time specific drills for the forwards, mids and defenders. Training finished with some running. A couple of 800s and then finished off with a km run. Whitey, Cotch, Hicks, Houli and Lids finished top 5 most times. Martin was really struggling and needing to push himself in the final lap of the km run and finished 2nd last ahead of a Coburg player. Obviously as Dimma said in the Fighting Tiger, Dusty needs to improve his outside game which means improving his endurance running.

Any questions fire away. Pics to come.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #2629 on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
Rance is looking in phenominal shape!
IMO he has the best build for a footballer we have!
His kicking today was really very very good and his fitness is up the top of the club! Its a make or break year for Alex but boy does he have himself in prime shape to have a serious crack at season 2011!

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2630 on: November 22, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
It was Definantly Fewster there MT, i asked Brendan Lade after training about him and he said it was him!
Cheers Nugget. Was Hislop there? I didn't see him.

Nah i didnt see him mate and i was looking for him to see if he had improved but both me and THE_GUN couldnt find him!
Ta Nugget. Hopefully a sign he now won't be rookied and we'll go for a untried kid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Training report - Monday Nov 22
« Reply #2631 on: November 22, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
how much bigger does rance
look from last season?
I'll post a pic of him later on. He looks bigger in the upper body, chest and arms.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2632 on: November 22, 2010, 05:22:17 PM »
Rance is looking in phenominal shape!
IMO he has the best build for a footballer we have!
His kicking today was really very very good and his fitness is up the top of the club! Its a make or break year for Alex but boy does he have himself in prime shape to have a serious crack at season 2011!

I remember thinking the same thing last year  :'( He is such an athetic machine but its his footsmarts he really needs to improve. I hope the more drills and repeative training using the game plan will really benefit him. That and staying in the same position all year regardless of the competition level. Any thoughts from anyone where can you see him playing next year???

Stripes

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2633 on: November 22, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
I'd just like to add MT, that Foley was out there before 11:00. When I arrived at about 10:30 he was with a group doing some competitive in-tight drills.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #2634 on: November 22, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
Yeh thats what Jack told me too RR, According to Jack he's flying!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2635 on: November 22, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
Pics from Monday's training  :cheers.

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Warm up drill // drinks break

More drinks breaks

And even more drinks breaks .... did we say it was hot!

Cotch leads the boys around Punt Rd Oval // Houli and Lids

End of training // Post and Astbury

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2636 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
As the photos show Cotch is looking superfit  :thumbsup. Astbury is another who looks to have built up his upper body and arms.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2637 on: November 22, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
I'd just like to add MT, that Foley was out there before 11:00. When I arrived at about 10:30 he was with a group doing some competitive in-tight drills.

Cheers for that RR and Nugget. Good hear Foley is training well when he's out there.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2638 on: November 22, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
da boys are all looking fit. me rikey!  :thumbsup
Asty particularly looks massive. :clapping
Cotchin just looks god-like.  :bow

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2639 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »
That photo of Astbury is amazing. Hes got arms that could rival Hulk Hogans.
Unleash the tornado