Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920209 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2835 on: June 03, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2836 on: June 07, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »
A pic of the boys on the training track this morning wearing the red training guernsey ...

http://twitpic.com/583y4r

« Reply #2837 on: June 07, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »
A pic of the boys on the training track this morning wearing the red training guernsey ...

http://twitpic.com/583y4r

ICK

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2838 on: June 07, 2011, 08:17:11 PM »
The only red that should ever be on the Richmond jumper (training or otherwise) is the opposition's blood

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2839 on: June 08, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »
Kingy has found someone he is taller than  ;D

Some of the boys were in awe of weightlifter Simplice Ribouem when he trained at the ME Bank Centre today!

http://twitpic.com/58kfvr

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2840 on: June 11, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »
I called in at the SCG at noon today. It's been a little wet in Sydney, so they had the cricket pitches covered, in fact, almost the entire centre square.

Our coaching team was out in the middle for at least 15 minutes before the players came out. There was a bit of arm waving and guiding as I think they were talking about playing the wings at the SCG versus playing in the corridor. The ground is almost a circle, the wings are very wide.

Batch is the traveling emergency and he looked pretty sharp.

There didn't seem to be any players with major niggles as everyone was moving pretty smoothly.

The session was short, not much more than 40 minutes. With the middle covered they couldn't run any ball moving drills, so the forwards and a small group of mids practiced hitting up a leading forward from set plays outside 50, while the defenders went to the other end of the ground to practice clearances from deep inthe defensive 50.

There was a lot of talk and direction from within the playing group, I didn't notice too much coaching direction.

The forwards practiced goal kicking from each end and there were a couple of ball handling drills. The surface  of the ground is pretty good.

I didn't get the impression that the team was burning with intensity yet, maybe that's coming tomorrow. Everyone looked pretty relaxed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:46:25 PM by Muscles »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2841 on: June 11, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
I called in at the SCG at noon today. It's been a little wet in Sydney, so they had the cricket pitches covered, in fact, almost the entire centre square.

Our coaching team was out in the middle for at least 15 minutes before the players came out. There was a bit of arm waving and guiding as I think they were talking about playing the wings at the SCG versus playing in the corridor. The ground is almost a circle, the wings are very wide.

Batch is the traveling emergency and he looked pretty sharp.

There didn't seem to be any players with major niggles as everyone was moving pretty smoothly.

The session was short, not much more than 40 minutes. With the middle covered they couldn't run any ball moving drills, so the forwards and a small group of mids practiced hitting up a leading forward from set plays outside 50, while the defenders went to the other end of the ground to practice clearances from deep inthe defensive 50.

There was a lot of talk and direction from within the playing group, I didn't notice too much coaching direction.

The forwards practiced goal kicking from each end and there were a couple of ball handling drills. The surface  of the ground is pretty good.

I didn't get the impression that the team was burning with intensity yet, maybe that's coming tomorrow. Everyone looked pretty relaxed.

Thanks Muscles.  Eerily like 2 weeks ago.  :-\

gerkin greg

« Reply #2842 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »

Wasn't anywhere near wet enough today to have almost the entire square covered all day. Wasn't even raining at noon, the showers have been light and on and off. Can understand keeping the ground covered as much as possible in case it buckets down but I reckon the Swans were playing a bit of silly buggers. The covers could have been removed for our 40min session so we could do full length drills, I'm sure it was for theirs.

Got them worried  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2843 on: June 15, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
For those living in Brisbane or will be in Brisbane on Friday, there will be a open training session at the 'Gabba at 7pm Friday night.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2844 on: June 15, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
For those living in Brisbane or will be in Brisbane on Friday, there will be a open training session at the 'Gabba at 7pm Friday night.

hmmm might twaddle on down if my business commitments for the day are complete  ;D

My hotel is about 10 minutes away from the gabba
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2845 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »

Just came in here to post that...but you see everything.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2846 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

Even with one eye  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2847 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »

Even with one eye  ;D

Mr OE - doesn't miss a thing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline matrightyeh

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2848 on: June 17, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
sweet thanks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2849 on: June 17, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
A pic from training tonight (courtesy of RFCO)

The team went through its paces at the GABBA on a perfect night in Brisbane. Skills were sharp!

And the boys earlier at the airport

http://yfrog.com/kimyojj