Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920186 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4065 on: December 17, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »
Chris Yarran, whose program is conditioning based at this stage.

i.e. he's gotten fat

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4067 on: December 17, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
From Benny Griffiths' interview up in Cairns:

* We really need to get that ruthlessness about us. We’re all working extremely hard, against each other and against ourselves, to drive better standards and get better. The competition within the Club is great because it forces each and every one of us to train harder and get better, which, in turn, is a positive thing for the Club. I think the competition’s only going to be a really positive thing for us.”

* I think the annual pre-season camp is really important, especially for the younger guys who have just come into the Club,” he said. Obviously, they’ve got to learn a lot of guys’ names and this provides a pretty good opportunity because you’re around the guys almost 24/7. For the older guys, it’s learning how the new guys play.  And then, as well for us, look to improve on the little things we need to improve on.

* Training in the heat definitely makes it a lot harder to recover, which we put a big emphasis on.  It’s all about how quickly you can recover and go again. The taller guys are doing a lot of contested stuff, and that’s pretty solid up here, as it is back in Melbourne. It’s a good opportunity to get better.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-12-17/its-big-ben-time

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4068 on: December 18, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4069 on: December 18, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Tough final session of #TigerTrainingCamp at Cazaly's Stadium. Match simulation and plenty of running.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4070 on: December 18, 2015, 12:49:20 PM »
From a Crows fan on BF who popped in to watch Richmond train this morning in Cairns:

------------------------------------

... Was a really gruelling 2.5 hour session with plenty of ball work, then about 3km's worth of running at the end. Don't know too much about Richmond so I might be repeating what everyone already knows, but the following stood out:

-Rioli won the running drills, and by a fair margin. He looked a bit raw when it came to doing some basic ball work though. Steve Morris was working 1 on 1 with him for a few minutes and showing a bit of leadership instructing him how to kick the footy.

-Griffiths was second for most of the running drills and looks pretty fit. Reece Mckenzie (I think) was reallllly struggling to run. Not sure if he's coming back from injury.

-Ivan Maric is the loudest talker, thanked the crowd for support and was consistently talking to the group. If you didn't know you'd think he was the captain.

-yarran didn't participate in any group drills.

-Truck still has it and won nearly every 1 on 1 contest against the players ;) also has the deepest voice I've ever heard

-Hardwick at one stage reinforced to the players that their philosophy on ball movement was to move it quickly and not to hesitate. Also I believe he refers to the midfielders/smaller players as the 'hybrids'?

Anyone was a good session and really enjoyed having a look. Good luck for the rest of the year

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pre-season-2015-16.1117395/page-30#post-42362198

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4071 on: December 18, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »
-Rioli won the running drills, and by a fair margin. He looked a bit raw when it came to doing some basic ball work though. Steve Morris was working 1 on 1 with him for a few minutes and showing a bit of leadership instructing him how to kick the footy.

:help

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4072 on: December 18, 2015, 02:01:48 PM »
Rookie list rutten ffs
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4073 on: December 19, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »
Who's Truck ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4074 on: December 19, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
Who's Truck ?

Rutten the former Adelaide KPD, what I wouldn't give for a half decent KPD, when will the RFC fill the need for a KPD

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4075 on: December 19, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
Signing off from #TigerTrainingCamp. A great experience for all involved in Palm Cove and Cairns, North Queensland.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4076 on: December 19, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »
Who's Truck ?

The coach we got that'd still be twice as good as Hacklan
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4077 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
Who's Truck ?

Rutten the former Adelaide KPD, what I wouldn't give for a half decent KPD, when will the RFC fill the need for a KPD

we only have the best one in the League atm......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4078 on: December 20, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
Who's Truck ?

Nah he's a glass half full type

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4079 on: December 20, 2015, 11:10:51 AM »
Who's Truck ?

One of the best

One young-ish one

One hack

And the truck man