Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920212 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4770 on: February 25, 2022, 08:17:25 PM »
Ch 9 news said Cotch on Monday was seen at the Scanning Clinic for a check-up. Nothing sinister. Just precautionary.

Go to 1:08 min mark: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1495667076857573378

Probabky explains why he was in the rehab group today.

Love the Russian ascent.
I'm not climbing the Urals  ;).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4771 on: February 25, 2022, 08:22:49 PM »
7news with some training/injury updates:

* Lambert sent in for more scans on a hip injury which will keep him out of the early rounds with no timeline set for a return.

* Graham - hamstrung [ed. told it was back related] but will start light training next week.

* Cotch is being "managed" so that's why he isn't playing in the practice match tomorrow.

* Dan Rioli missing too but no mention as to why.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1497117624567668743

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4772 on: March 03, 2022, 02:29:19 PM »
Back from training this morning.

Absent:

Dusty - don't know why.

Grimes - apparently covid related and the 7 days is up tomorrow.

Mansell - same as Grimesy.

Parker - didn't notice him out there. So perhaps absent due to that ankle.

Rehab:

Lambert - see his thread.

Floss - hammy. Was moving/running okay so it doesn't look a bad one. Round 1 will be close to 3 weeks so touchwood he's okay be then and play.

Graham - back related hammy. Joined in at least 3 of the main group's drills. Hopefully that's a positive sign. I'd still have him unlikely to play round 1.

Banks - wrist. I was told he was at the latest Club80 forum and it was mentioned he's still struggling with that wrist (on top of a quad and hammy over the preseason) and this year could be a bit of a write off for Sam. I was also told that Kmac reckons Banks' running capacity is amazing and he'd be the best at the Club for the role the Club wants him to play.

Main training:

We were almost given heart failure when Cotch sat out of a drill late in the session talking to Burge but he rejoined the main group for the last drill .... Phew!

Prestia was back into full training so he's okay  :thumbsup.

Dan Rioli was back also.

Training today was more working on specific aspects of our gameplan:
* Slow D and rebound.
* Switch of play and contest to contest circle work.
* Stoppage work for the centre mids and Soldo.
* In tight handballing and tackling (keepings off) for the other smalls/mids.
* 1-on-1 contesting for the tall forwards, rucks (Soldo did this too) vs tall backs

Line groups:

Backs: Tarrant, Miller, Gibcus, Biggie, Broad, Short, Dan Rioli, Ralphsmith, Brown

Centre Mids: Soldo*, Prestia, RCD, Ross, Dow, Aarts.

Other mids: Cotch, Edwards, Kmac, Pickett, Caddy, Martyn, Sonsie.

Forwards: Lynch, Jack, Balta, Ryan, Nank, Soldo*, Bolton, Castagna, Baker, Stack, Maurice Jnr, Cumberland, Clarke.

I was told the Club is doing a '2021 Ross' with Will Martyn trying him a different position (wing/HB) when he's a natural inside mid  :-\.

Any questions, just fire away?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 03:09:16 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4773 on: March 03, 2022, 03:06:09 PM »
Interesting about Banks. Yes he was at Club80 on Tuesday. Very impressive young man.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4774 on: March 03, 2022, 10:51:39 PM »
Thanks MT.

Few worries, especially Martyn. He's not gonna make it.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4775 on: March 04, 2022, 12:11:06 AM »
While stack is certainly capable of playing as a small fwd his best footy has all come as a back pocket/half back flanker. As is unfortunately usually the case it seems like he is nowhere near it for round 1, but at full fitness I would like to see him take houlis spot ahead of Rioli.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4776 on: March 04, 2022, 01:43:36 AM »
Thanks MT.

Was slim to none before...absolute zero now if that move to wing/hb is on...in terms of pace & skill he makes Ross look like Deledio..  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4777 on: March 04, 2022, 12:18:30 PM »
Thanks MT.

Was slim to none before...absolute zero now if that move to wing/hb is on...in terms of pace & skill he makes Ross look like Deledio..  :shh

Lol yep. Was never sold on Martyn myself. Ross actually looked a player before they stuffed his position around.

It has to be said that all of our players who were NGA for other clubs have amounted to zilch. Unless I am missing someone?

Maybe we should be taking a page of of their books if they aren't taking their own kids.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4778 on: March 10, 2022, 04:53:24 PM »
Some training snippets on RFC Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/richmond_fc/2790412158377580330/

Backs group: Gibcus, Biggie, Ralphsmith, D.Rioli, Vlastuin, Miller and Tarrant.

Btw, my 'spy' says Graham trained fully while Banks did the majority (not all) of the session.

Ch 7 arvo news said Floss hardly did anything. Looked to still be limping at bit with that hammy going by the vision. Looks unlikely for round 1. Grimes trained (showed him with ball in both hands) but they said Dylan was also unlikely.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4779 on: March 10, 2022, 05:54:46 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4780 on: March 10, 2022, 07:28:34 PM »
Some training snippets on RFC Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/richmond_fc/2790412158377580330/

Backs group: Gibcus, Biggie, Ralphsmith, D.Rioli, Vlastuin, Miller and Tarrant.

Btw, my 'spy' says Graham trained fully while Banks did the majority (not all) of the session.

Ch 7 arvo news said Floss hardly did anything. Looked to still be limping at bit with that hammy going by the vision. Looks unlikely for round 1. Grimes trained (showed him with ball in both hands) but they said Dylan was also unlikely.

Here's the 7news report and vision:

The Tigers are set to be without another key star for round one. Premiership defender Nick Vlastuin is battling a hamstring strain.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1501828879404593157

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4781 on: March 10, 2022, 07:31:25 PM »
9news tonight also had a short report on Grimes and Vlastuin:

Go to 1:00 min mark: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1501827888357720067

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4782 on: March 13, 2022, 01:26:10 PM »
Just got back from watching training this morning. Beautiful day outside  :thumbsup.

Absent: Lambert, Vlastuin and I didn't notice Nank out there either. I asked one of the trainers where Nank was but I think he thought I was a spy or something as he was very sheepish and said he didn't know anything :laugh:.

Rehab: Kmac. Just did some short distance kicking with a trainer on the outer boundary.

Main group:

Grimes, Graham, Mansell and Banks all did full training.

Session wasn't as long as others. About an hour and half tops. Mostly the squad split in threes for line drills and then as two teams for some match sim focussing on kick-ins and transitional play. Dimma was the 'umpire' by the sound of it and was strict as anything. Yelling out "you can't do that off the ball" and paying 50s if the ball wasn't returned on the full. Even Dimma must be expecting us to get our usual shafting by the umps  :shh.

As far positions:
- Balta trained with the forwards. Presumably that's where he's playing round 1.
- Bolton also trained with the forwards. No midfield time at all.
- Dusty trained soley with the mids. No time in the forward line.
- Stack also was with the midfield group. Not sure if that means Syd being trialed as a forward has been dumped.

Backs: Grimes, Tarrant, Short, D.Rioli, Gibcus, Brown, Mansell, Broad, Ralphsmith, Miller, Biggie.

Mids: Prestia, Dusty, Ross, Cotch, Aarts, Soldo, Caddy, RCD, Dow, Graham, Martyn, Parker, Sonsie, Banks, Clarke, Stack , Pickett.

Forwards: Baker, Riewoldt, Edwards, Castagna, Lynch, Balta, Bolton, Ryan, Cumberland, M.Rioli.

ps. Lynch copped one underneath the jaw when Cumberland's high ball ping at goal instead bounced near Tom's feet when he wasn't expecting it and the ball flicked up and got him. All good though thankfully.

pps. Another ball went over the Brunton Ave end fence. First time I've kicked a footy in ages. Felt good to have footy back  :thumbsup

Any questions, just fire away?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4783 on: March 13, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »
Well done MT.
Grimes looking likely to play rd1?
Team selection will be an interesting watch.
Playing Stack on the wing makes sense to me as he is so creative. His tank is the only issue, however he could play between the arcs and leave the full length goal to goal running to the running machines.
Ralphsmith to replace Vlastuin.

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4784 on: March 13, 2022, 02:04:45 PM »
Mainly a thank you post for you @mightytigers  :clapping   :bow
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into doing the training updates for those of us who can't get along  :thumbsup

Training question:  How are Mansell & Banks looking especially now Banks is out of Rehab?