Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920245 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1110 on: March 06, 2008, 05:17:49 PM »
Rance's ankle can't be too serious if he was kicking bananas and not in the rehab group.

Do you know if Meyer is still going to play for Coburg?

EDIT: I just read the Injury thread, answered all my questions  :thumbsup

You've got all bases covered MT  :bow
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1111 on: March 12, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »
Note: Just a reminder please do not cut and paste or copy these reports elsewhere. We do NOT give permission to do so. Please provide a link to this post/thread and people can easily read it here.

Training today was again at a warm Vic Park. They trained for a couple of hours. Every Tiger was present except for JON and of course Meyer who was having his operation on his hip. I don't know why JON was absent. Initially in the rehab group were Cotchin, Polak and Schulz. I didn't see it but I was told Cotch was also doing some roving work to the ruckmen :thumbsup. Later on Polly and Sarge left and Cotch was joined by McGuane, Connors, Collard, Rance, King and Gourdis. Rance said he's ankle is fine and he's playing tomorrow for Coburg. Luke is also playing for Coburg tomorrow. Not sure about any others. Cass came off towards the end of training and went down the race with a trainer. I'm hoping he's okay.

As for the drills from what I saw - they began with the standard circle work of marking and kicking to one another. They then did more specific 1-on-1 stuff. The first of these drills was to start with a 10 vs 10 situation deep in the backline and then the attacking team (in black) had to run off hard into space and link up to work the ball forward. The defending side was continually told to apply pressure and were given a wrap when a turnover was caused. Not too many today thankfully. Once they got the ball to just inside the square at CHF the attacking player with the footy would pass it long to one of the assistant coaches and then the defending side (in orange singlets) became the attackers and vice versa and they worked the ball the other way. The various match-ups were rotated so hard to say who beat who but Foley and Blingers stood out.

The next drill was similar except it was 5 vs 5 so obviously there was more space and longer runs and more bounces. Terry would yell out if the attackers weren't running into space enough. It meant the player with ball had to run and bounce or stop and prop for too long. A couple of times there were 100m run and bounces from the backline to the forward line (Foley, Tivs and Blingers) due to everyone else being manned up which is unrealistic and won't happen in a real game.  As for the drill itself David King and Rawlings would pump the ball towards a pack at the Yarra Falls end goals. Richo took some top contested marks and it looked like Blingers took one too reaching up and snagging a grab. If the ball spilled then the 5 attackers would move the ball forward towards the Sherrin stand goals where they had to pinpoint a forward. Riewoldt, Whitey and Tucky had shots but missed :-\. Jacko did a brilliant 50m pass to Whitey on the lead btw  :clapping. Gave even Lids no chance to spoil. Foley kicked a couple on the run as did Tivs. Tivs was very good today btw. Ran and worked hard to his credit. If only Tivs had a right foot and didn't have to cut back on his left all the time. I guess we can say that about a few of our left-footers.

And that was about it. They warmed down and then headed off.

Any questions just fire away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #1112 on: March 12, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »
ive noticed that these reports end up elsewhere and then the poster who has copied says ' i copied it at another site .. but stuff em.

and to all those who pinch info from here without acknowledgement... go get stuffed  :scream

richmondrules

« Reply #1113 on: March 13, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
ive noticed that these reports end up elsewhere and then the poster who has copied says ' i copied it at another site .. but stuff em.

and to all those who pinch info from here without acknowledgement... go get stuffed  :scream

Yes I saw that too. Pretty silly attitude. I was actually surprised by the poster who did it since I didn't expect it from them. Problem with the particular site you are referring to is that links to this site are not allowed and the swear filter (or whatever) automatically gets rid of them. Makes it difficult to post a link.  :-\

Oh. Thanks for the report MT BTW. Much appreciated as always.  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1114 on: March 13, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
Well done again MT on another fantastic report. To some of you that actually have a problem with posting the link to this site on another site for the training report thread then I do not understand you. I have actually posted the training link on another site and MT and the training report has had nothing off that site personnel but praise. I have actually read some pretty poor posts on this site regarding, our game plan, Wallace, Meyer and just about everything else to do with the RFC. Please have a good look at some of your posts before submitting them, this is probably one of the reasons I do not regularly post here as there are a lot of negative posts that do not contain much thought. With the exception of the moderators and some of the veterans on this site some of you need to take a good look at what you are saying.

I have also posted a link on this site from another forum and MT did not seem to mind, however if you do mind me posting your fantastic training reports on the other site MT please let me know and I will just continue to check here for the updates.

To all of you that can't support the RFC and our players through the hard times go and follow someone else and join the Bigfooty forum!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

richmondrules

« Reply #1115 on: March 13, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »
Well done again MT on another fantastic report. To some of you that actually have a problem with posting the link to this site on another site for the training report thread then I do not understand you. I have actually posted the training link on another site and MT and the training report has had nothing off that site personnel but praise. I have actually read some pretty poor posts on this site regarding, our game plan, Wallace, Meyer and just about everything else to do with the RFC. Please have a good look at some of your posts before submitting them, this is probably one of the reasons I do not regularly post here as there are a lot of negative posts that do not contain much thought. With the exception of the moderators and some of the veterans on this site some of you need to take a good look at what you are saying.

I have also posted a link on this site from another forum and MT did not seem to mind, however if you do mind me posting your fantastic training reports on the other site MT please let me know and I will just continue to check here for the updates.

To all of you that can't support the RFC and our players through the hard times go and follow someone else and join the Bigfooty forum!!

Hi WAT,

I don't like beating around the bush so what I am referring to is posting links to OER on PRE. If you put in http://oneeyed-richmond.com/ in a post on PRE it gets filtered out so it is non sensible and will not take you to this site. There is some history between the two sites which I frankly do not care to know too much about but the upshot is is is not possible to post links to OER there. That is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned since it is up to the owners and moderators of each site to run their site as they like. I hold no grudge against either.

As for the negative posting I tend to agree. It is easily ignored I find, but can get tiresome after a loss or an appearance by TW or GM in the media. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I certainly have an opinion about the posting to which you are referring but I keep it to myself since there is little point in arguing and I don't want to encourage discussion. It is a pity since this site has a lot to offer and that negativity you refer to can be very unattractive.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1116 on: March 13, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »

:thumbsup The silence from the antagonists is deafening.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Moi

« Reply #1117 on: March 13, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »

Nothin' wrong with Bigfooty  :(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1118 on: March 13, 2008, 09:30:39 PM »
Yeah look I hope I didn't offend anyone and thanks for the support Y&B & RROFO. This site is really good and I would love to post here more and just might. Maybe that way I could help change the culture of a few people, I am as passionate as anyone when it comes to the Tiges, I hate when they lose, I hate the turnovers, the poor skill level, but that is done as a team and that is theissue that we need to discuss. I am sick of lynching players.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1119 on: March 13, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »
To some of you that actually have a problem with posting the link to this site on another site for the training report thread then I do not understand you.

I don't know if you're the culprit WAT but I have been seeing a few OER training reports cut and paste onto other sites (more than one) without a link or due acknowledgement to the author. 

There used to be a general ettiquette when it came to sourcing from other sites whether it be an official news site or a general forum.  A - ALWAYS provide a link.  B - try not to quote the entire thing word for word if it's not yours.  ie. show the sentence or paragraph that proves your point but not the entire 1500 words.  C - (optional) identify the author by name, but definitely don't claim it as yours.

That's basically it.

Moi

« Reply #1120 on: March 13, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
To some of you that actually have a problem with posting the link to this site on another site for the training report thread then I do not understand you.

I don't know if you're the culprit WAT but I have been seeing a few OER training reports cut and paste onto other sites (more than one) without a link or due acknowledgement to the author. 

There used to be a general ettiquette when it came to sourcing from other sites whether it be an official news site or a general forum.  A - ALWAYS provide a link.  B - try not to quote the entire thing word for word if it's not yours.  ie. show the sentence or paragraph that proves your point but not the entire 1500 words.  C - (optional) identify the author by name, but definitely don't claim it as yours.

That's basically it.

Spot on.  MT has done an amazing job and deserves all due credit.  The same if someone wrote something on another site and we quoted it here, a link, an acknowledgement is in order.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1121 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »
Exactly. That was the only point I was making. It's common internet courtesy to credit the original source of info and it goes for everyone as Moi and Obelix said :).

Anyway we're getting away from comments about training which is what this thread is about  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1122 on: March 14, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »
Shelly on Y&B has a training report from today....

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=149359&postcount=139

Little Jackie

« Reply #1123 on: March 14, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »

:thumbsup The silence from the antagonists is deafening.

::)

Little Jackie

« Reply #1124 on: March 14, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
Yeah look I hope I didn't offend anyone and thanks for the support Y&B & RROFO. This site is really good and I would love to post here more and just might. Maybe that way I could help change the culture of a few people, I am as passionate as anyone when it comes to the Tiges, I hate when they lose, I hate the turnovers, the poor skill level, but that is done as a team and that is theissue that we need to discuss. I am sick of lynching players.

Lynching players, ummmmmmm
Move over Tivs, welcome Jordon McMahon :lol