Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920237 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1125 on: March 14, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
Rance's ankle can't be too serious if he was kicking bananas and not in the rehab group.

Has Alex progressed to kicking footies yet?

Sorry, been looking at that line for days and eventually couldn't help myself.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1126 on: March 19, 2008, 04:00:05 PM »
No proper report today as I got there late and in any case I was told they didn't do much today anyway given they're playing tomorrow.

While the 28 squad were stretching and warming down after training Terry walked around and had a chat to a few of them. Had a longish chat with Hughes with Cleve nodding. A friend said they were told Cleve still needed to learn how and when to lead so that's why he hasn't been getting much senior gametime and the reason he's spent time in defence to learn from other forwards.

I saw Connors and McGuane leaving early as I arrived. Apparently they were training with the Coburg group who were training earlier. I'm guessing that's everyone else outside the 28 squad. I forgot to ask about Meyer.

Schulz was driving today what looked like a navy/black subaru with P plates. They love their cars as there was about 8 Tigers around one car after training giving it as a rev in Lulie St.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1127 on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »
No proper report today as I got there late and in any case I was told they didn't do much today anyway given they're playing tomorrow.

While the 28 squad were stretching and warming down after training Terry walked around and had a chat to a few of them. Had a longish chat with Hughes with Cleve nodding. A friend said they were told Cleve still needed to learn how and when to lead so that's why he hasn't been getting much senior gametime and the reason he's spent time in defence to learn from other forwards.

I saw Connors and McGuane leaving early as I arrived. Apparently they were training with the Coburg group who were training earlier. I'm guessing that's everyone else outside the 28 squad. I forgot to ask about Meyer.

Schulz was driving today what looked like a navy/black subaru with P plates. They love their cars as there was about 8 Tigers around one car after training giving it as a rev in Lulie St.

Cheers MT good stuff, do you think Schulz will get up and Morton will be a late inclusion??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1128 on: March 20, 2008, 03:45:19 AM »
do you think Schulz will get up and Morton will be a late inclusion??
Hard to tell as I didn't see them do any contact work. Sarge looked to be moving fine from what I saw. I actually thought out of him and Polak he looked the more freer in movement walking off and up the race  :-\.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:50 AM »
do you think Schulz will get up and Morton will be a late inclusion??
Hard to tell as I didn't see them do any contact work. Sarge looked to be moving fine from what I saw. I actually thought out of him and Polak he looked the more freer in movement walking off and up the race  :-\.

Cheers MT and please dont put the mockers on Polak.. :shh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »
Cheers MT and please dont put the mockers on Polak.. :shh
I can say Polly's not in any of my dreamteams so he's safe from the mozz lol ;).

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1131 on: March 27, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »
Training today was at a soaking wet Vic Park. Seriously it was like the old suburban VFL days. No drainage and with large puddles of water lying on the surface. So much for the Matrix Men and their special hair products  :lol. Browny and Lids were chucking mud pies at each other at the end of training.

Most of the 42 squad were present today. Only Cotch, Meyer, Cogs or Gus were absent. They also had a ring-in training with them so he could have been a Coburg player. Jacko still has that bandage around his head. As everyone was training there's no inkling as to who's coming in for Sugar and Howat. Terry spoke to Polo for a while at the end of training but really there were no clues.

I only saw the last 30 minutes but the drill I saw them do was a rebounding one from deep in defence from a batted down ball and then working their way up the ground to the forwards. Lots of running in numbers to support and block, handball receives and passing by foot to players leading into space. So going by today we're not going to change things too much from the Carlton game. Foot skills were actually good in the wet conditions btw. Those around the defensive contest were Newy, Thursty, Rainesy, Simmo, Edwards, Jordy, Polo, McGuane, Rance, Morton, Schulz, Tambo, Hyde, Silvester, Connors, Moore, Foley, Collo and Kingy. It looked like Richo, Browny and Lids were the forwards. Kel received a few wraps from the coaching staff for his efforts and Rance showed some toe running behind the contest to collect the pill then away from a chasing Lukey in the wet conditions. Schulz did some nice things too.

That was about it. Jack and a couple of others took some set shots at goal but they left pretty quickly after the main drill.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #1132 on: March 27, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
 :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1133 on: March 27, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
:thumbsup
Ta 632. I wish I had my camera today as Vic Park was a swamp. Think of that Freo game 5 years ago at the 'G when it bucketed down all day. It was that much water on the surface.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1134 on: April 02, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
For those interested there's a public training session on Saturday at 10am at Punt Rd Oval.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2008/TrainingTimes/tabid/8765/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1136 on: April 05, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »
A positive that Danny is back on the track after his op. Whether his hip is now right is yet to be seen though.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1137 on: April 08, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
Just got back from training at Punt Road today. Beautiful day outside too. Only a skills session which went for about 45 minutes. The assistant coaches took the session as there was no sign of Terry who most likely was inside doing Tuesdays with Terry. The media (Ch 9) were filming so there might be some stuff on the news tonight.

In rehab were Cotchin (looks to be moving fine and helped rove to the ruckmen), Graham, Meyer, Connors, Polo and Edwards from what I saw. Edwards and Polo looked like they both had a limp.

Training had already started when I got there and they were doing some competitive group activity. Basically it was footy race between two teams up and back down Punt Road. The team that kicked a goal first won and it looked like the losers had to do some body rolls on the ground. Very animated especially the younger blokes after a goal was scored and they seemed in good spirits after such a bad loss. A friend I was sitting with commented why aren't they in such good spirits on gameday.   

They then broke up into their various skill groups. Near us Royal was working with some of the mids/attacking defenders (Sugar, Tambo, Tivs, Joel, Newy, Tuck) on in-close work and keeping the arms away from the body dishing off by hand in a double tackle. The forwards practised their goalkicking - Richo, Cleve, Jack, Petts, Browny, Lids, Polak and Collard. It looked like Foley and Cotchin were roving to our ruckmen while they were working on their tapwork. The others were in the centre of the ground but I wasn't paying too much attention to them.

Tambo and Collard stayed behind going for torps at the goals. Polo did some reflex work with Flea.

And that was it. Any questions fire away.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1138 on: April 08, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10593867

The report here has turned quite the fuss on BF, MT.

Thoughts on it?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1139 on: April 08, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10593867

The report here has turned quite the fuss on BF, MT.

Thoughts on it?
Cheers tigersalive.

The main training session of the week is Thursday as it's a Sunday game. Some major overreaction on BF to what is meant to be a light session. Royal was at training too so it wasn't just Rawlings either. I reckon our players are soft enough as it is without needing the coach to hold their hand every minute. They're meant to be professional footballers  :-\.

I forgot to say Rainesy and Thursty were also in the rehab group. I'm guessing Thursty was just resting up. Rainesy had a bandage around his knee and was doing some kick to kick.