Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 920196 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1200 on: May 14, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »
Great work MT your a true blooded Tiger  :thumbsup
you could have at least went up to socialize with the spy & distract him of his job  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1201 on: May 14, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
you could have at least went up to socialize with the spy & distract him of his job  ;D
The spy must have the easiest job on Earth. Writes down all these notes and takes them back to Bomber Thompson who go thanks but we'll play our way anyway lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1202 on: May 14, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
The spy must have the easiest job on Earth. Writes down all these notes and takes them back to Bomber Thompson who go thanks but we'll play our way anyway lol.

YnB poster Camels was at training for the first time in a few years (lives OS) so it might have been him taking notes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1203 on: May 14, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

YnB poster Camels was at training for the first time in a few years (lives OS) so it might have been him taking notes
Lucky we aren't one of those clubs that throws out spies lol. Good on him. Loved Jack's "I should be a coach" line  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1204 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:06 AM »
from the Herald-Sun....

The latest setback [Cogs] was a bitter disappointment for coach Terry Wallace, who had been relieved no one was injured during the 15 minutes of match-type collisions in what was a high-class 70 minutes of training to prepare for Geelong on Saturday at the MCG.

"At the moment we've got virtually most players available. So for the sake of coming back and being hardnosed and having the right approach and attitude to taking on your games, that's the equal to taking the risk of losing someone by running the gauntlet," Wallace said after training.

Hall of Fame game participants Matthew Richardson, Nathan Foley and Troy Simmonds were given light duties.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23701132-19742,00.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1205 on: May 15, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
Training report - Wednesday 14th May
The rest of the group were on the other side of the ground chatting with Royal I think. And that was it.

As usual, any questions just fire away.

Very detailed and insightive report as usual Mightytigers!

Just a few questions -

Did Thursty, JON, Lids, Patto, Tiv or Meyer train?

Were they practising shepherding and blocking in the forwardline to create space?

How many people were watching training?

Have you noticed a difference in intensity at training over the past few weeks?

Is there anyone who seems to be dropping there head or underperforming?

Thanks

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1206 on: May 15, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »

Just a few questions -

Were they practising shepherding and blocking in the forwardline to create space?

Thanks

Stripes
And you have 30 seconds to answer with your time starting ... now!   :lol :lol :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1207 on: May 15, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »
And you have 30 seconds to answer with your time starting ... now!   :lol :lol :lol

Sorry smokey,

I'll ask a more typical question for you -

Did you have fun?  ::) :shh  ;)

Just an interested spectator keen to hear from those coming from a position of knowledge. Forgive me if I ask too much.

Stripes

Con65

« Reply #1208 on: May 15, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
Stripes, I liked your question about the intensity at training...and the players attititude in general at training...

Can't wait to hear MT's answers to your ??

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1209 on: May 15, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »

Sorry smokey,

I'll ask a more typical question for you -

Did you have fun?  ::) :shh  ;)

Just an interested spectator keen to hear from those coming from a position of knowledge. Forgive me if I ask too much.

Stripes
Yeah mate, just havin' a bit of fun with it!  I'm very interested in the answers when they come too.   :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1210 on: May 15, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »
Sorry, I typed my reply before and then it crashed on me as I sent it :banghead so fingers crossed second time.

Just a few questions -

Cheers Stripes

Yes they all training fully.

The forward line was left fairly open. Sat 4 forwards at the most so there was plenty of room to lead into. They also played high and low so that allowed them to keep out of each others way. The congestion was more in the midfield and there was a noticeable emphasis on shepherding and blocking when clearing from stoppages and when linking up running and carrying through the corridor from out of defensive 50 to about 80m out from goal.

There was a group of 25 teenage schoolkids watching and they made up 70% of the 'crowd' watching training. In total there would've been 30-35 people. Each week there's usually a group of schoolkids down at Punt Rd so it must be part of the club's community work.

Not really over the past few weeks but definitely yesterday it was full on during the scratch match. Usually they do little full on contact work midweek during the season as the players are still slightly sore and recovering from the previous weekend's game. I'm guessing with the week off Plough and the coaching staff took the opportunity to up the ante in intensity and organised a 15 minute scratch match. I'm glad we didn't cop any injuries (apart from Cogs of course and his hammy was pre-existing).

No not really apart from Petts' tantrums when he misses a shot on goal lol. Actually the enthusiasm is up. Players happy for each other when they do something good. Jack even had his arm around Danny Meyer for about a minute laughing over whatever they were talking about. That might have been as Camel said on Y&B when Jack commented on his coaching lol.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1211 on: May 16, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »
Thankyou very much MightyTigers for answering my questions. You are a font of knowledge! :)

Just out of interest-

Does Myer look anywhere near ready considering all the injuries and time off he has endured?

What about Hughes. Is he looking downhearted? Is he showing any form? He seems to have dropped off the radar.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1212 on: May 16, 2008, 07:15:43 PM »
Meyer's obviously match fitness wise nowhere near ready for an AFL game yet but he's trained strongly now since the op and should be fine for the Coburg ressies which is where he has been named. From what I saw on Wednesday which was pretty physical and would've tested out his hip that he'll only need 1-2 games before getting a gig with the Coburg seniors. From there it's a case of building up his match fitness. Skills aren't an issue for Danny. He told a friend at training a few weeks ago that he's feeling the best he's felt in ages since the last op so hopefully his hip/back probs are now behind him  :pray.

As for Cleve, he didn't on Wednesday but is named for Coburg tomorrow. He was getting frustrated with his goalkicking a week or two ago at training (it looked like he was trying too hard or thinking too much about it IMO) but he started well against Collingwood last week before copping that poke in the eye and Rawlings gave him a rap in his EOTT Coburg report.

Cleve Hughes

Injured himself halfway through the second quarter and was sidelined for the rest of the match. Up to that stage, he’d already taken five marks and kicked two goals. Has been a big improver this year and is a more rounded player now.

Offline richoman

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1213 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
did you go to trainingb today and would just like to say for all the reports and do you have a job because it seems like your always at traing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1214 on: May 17, 2008, 01:37:09 AM »
did you go to trainingb today and would just like to say for all the reports and do you have a job because it seems like your always at traing.

lol

Nah I didn't because of work.