Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 312148 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #780 on: April 28, 2013, 03:31:40 PM »
not long in from the game. wont be many comments on anyone but i have to say i thought our talls in general had poor nights.  what was bitterly disappointing was the overall skill level. and that applies equally to both sides.
was behind the goals at the city end with the cheer squad and made a good night of it.

on vickery just quickly and i watched him fairly closely for a bit  i still think he plays without intensity and aggresion. even his  first contested mark and goal lacked aggression if that is possible to understand. he had an opportunity to really hit the pack hard but in the end reached up and plucked the ball out of others hands'

he kicked 3 took some decent marks so i suppose he did his job.  still i have to say i really dont see the love for this bloke.

LMAO what a toss, what would you give him out of 10 for last night, a 2?

who you calling a toss poo for brains. see it really is easy to bad mouth people .
what i dont understand is how you get away with it constantly.from now on i think i might start every post with what a fool or what a toss bet it doesnt take long to get pulled up.

now what have i said above?  basically he had an okay game he kicked 3 goals and took a few 2 good marks. he also had a go most of the time. did a lot right but still did plenty wrong.
i also said despite him doing the job expected of him i dont see the love for him or dont rate him, god forbid lets not rate one of the favorites eh.

for what its worth id give him about 6.5  - 7 for his game.

Claw, what were the plenty of things he did wrong? Obvious blunder of a kick and his rucking was sub par at first but IMO he picked it up later on. Apart from that what else did he do wrong in your opinion? No offence but please try and keep it simple at to the point, try using dot points instead of paragraphs for each one

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #781 on: April 28, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »
Good game from Vickers, im looing forward to him getting his constancy. This will come the more games he plays.  Going along fine. i'm not to fussed about comments from a sandgroper that gets to 2 games a year.

Gigantor

« Reply #782 on: April 28, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
Ty seems to have a few shortcomings,which i think can be ironed out.I  think its still another 3 seasons until we see the best of him,thats not denying he cant be an effective player in the meantime.Now the issue is whether we the supporters and club are prepared to be patient and give him the time to develop.
So far this year he has played 2 good games and 2 not so good games.He has shown glimpses of what he can do and has also shown some really bad efforts....Me i think its what you are going to get from a still raw big.

the claw

« Reply #783 on: April 28, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
not long in from the game. wont be many comments on anyone but i have to say i thought our talls in general had poor nights.  what was bitterly disappointing was the overall skill level. and that applies equally to both sides.
was behind the goals at the city end with the cheer squad and made a good night of it.

on vickery just quickly and i watched him fairly closely for a bit  i still think he plays without intensity and aggresion. even his  first contested mark and goal lacked aggression if that is possible to understand. he had an opportunity to really hit the pack hard but in the end reached up and plucked the ball out of others hands'

he kicked 3 took some decent marks so i suppose he did his job.  still i have to say i really dont see the love for this bloke.

LMAO what a toss, what would you give him out of 10 for last night, a 2?

who you calling a toss poo for brains. see it really is easy to bad mouth people .
what i dont understand is how you get away with it constantly.from now on i think i might start every post with what a fool or what a toss bet it doesnt take long to get pulled up.

now what have i said above?  basically he had an okay game he kicked 3 goals and took a few 2 good marks. he also had a go most of the time. did a lot right but still did plenty wrong.
i also said despite him doing the job expected of him i dont see the love for him or dont rate him, god forbid lets not rate one of the favorites eh.

for what its worth id give him about 6.5  - 7 for his game.

Claw, what were the plenty of things he did wrong? Obvious blunder of a kick and his rucking was sub par at first but IMO he picked it up later on. Apart from that what else did he do wrong in your opinion? No offence but please try and keep it simple at to the point, try using dot points instead of paragraphs for each one
his ruck work in general is sub par.
what remains a constant is the lack of aggresion at the ball. the lack of work ethic and gut running  fair dinkum hes lazy. and simply put for  a player who is released into the midfield usually against a young player he just doesnt get enough ball and failing that impact enough contests. how many blocks shepherds or just running to create an option do you see from him. how many second efforts or even third efforts do you see. very few is the answer.
his game was passable but take two sliding door moments out of his game, that is the two contested marks and goals that came from them, what is left? in his defense he took those marks and a couple of others.  he kicked 3 goals and his effort was significantly better than it has been he did have a dip.

i dunno a lot of posters keep on coming back and having a go at me over him. maybe i am too harsh.
have to say like all of you i see the potential in him but for me the performances dont back up that potential.

the one thing i will say in fairness to all the forwards the way we bought the ball in made hard for all of them. but the flip side to that is the lack of forward movement gave the mids few options.
the mark he took in the last q and goaled the bloke next to me turned around and said why doesnt he attack the ball like that all the time. im asking the same sort of things.

most are talking up his game but fair dinkum that is the bare minimum id expect from him or any other kpp we play.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #784 on: April 28, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
look claw I am long time fan of your work but mate you need a holiday

If the bare minimum you expect from Vickery is to take 8 marks and kick 3 goals a game, he would be a 70 goal key position forward that is top 3 in the league in contested marks.

On those numbers he would be statistically better than Tippett and Hawkins and would be worth $1 million a year.

Geez H Geez some people are IMPOSSIBLE to please.

gerkin greg

« Reply #785 on: April 29, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
old school pwnage

the claw

« Reply #786 on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »

If the bare minimum you expect from Vickery is to take 8 marks and kick 3 goals a game, he would be a 70 goal key position forward that is top 3 in the league in contested marks.

On those numbers he would be statistically better than Tippett and Hawkins and would be worth $1 million a year.

again take the two contested marks out that resulted in goals and it becomes a very ordinary night. the fact he took a couple of contested marks and kicked 3 goals saved his night.
the simple fact is he is not clunking many contested marks and his out put and intensity is lacking.
ive had similar debates over games nahas has played after kicking 3 or 4 goals
hmm brian lake took about 15 marks one game and few of them were worthy of mention. fair dinkum id rather he didnt kick a goal but  played with the required intensity  work rate and competetiveness.
tell mei rated his game 6.5 - 7 what do you think his game rating was worth. there are areas of his game that are crap no ifs no buts about it.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #787 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »
lets see

13 possessions 8 marks 10 hit outs and three goals

thats a 8.5/10, he will get coaches votes for that performance

If he plays like that every week he will be all australian

Look claw yes he is inconsistent, but most 200cm 22 yr olds are.

He is tracking well do live up to the No 8 draft pick mantle

Very talented player and in  our top 5 most important

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: April 29, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »

again take the two contested marks out that resulted in goals and it becomes a very ordinary night. the fact he took a couple of contested marks and kicked 3 goals saved his night.
the simple fact is he is not clunking many contested marks and his out put and intensity is lacking.
ive had similar debates over games nahas has played after kicking 3 or 4 goals
hmm brian lake took about 15 marks one game and few of them were worthy of mention. fair dinkum id rather he didnt kick a goal but  played with the required intensity  work rate and competetiveness.
tell mei rated his game 6.5 - 7 what do you think his game rating was worth. there are areas of his game that are crap no ifs no buts about it.

I hate hypotheticals, if he wasnt busy taking marks he could of been doing other stuff like getting hit outs of blocking for other players. Don't bother using them judge him on what he done not what he done excluding the good stuff he actually did

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: April 29, 2013, 05:22:41 PM »
lets see

13 possessions 8 marks 10 hit outs and three goals

thats a 8.5/10, he will get coaches votes for that performance

If he plays like that every week he will be all australian

Look claw yes he is inconsistent, but most 200cm 22 yr olds are.

He is tracking well do live up to the No 8 draft pick mantle

Very talented player and in  our top 5 most important

:clapping

Gigantor

« Reply #790 on: April 29, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
This is just sheer madness ,people are judging a 22 year old big coming back from shoulder recons,the same as a seasoned 28 year old...We all know he has weaknesses but please give the lad a chance to mature.Surely we have seen enough to realise we (RFC) has a lot to work with here

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #791 on: April 29, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
Vicks took a contested mark in the 4th and lethal commented that he must be one of the most frustrating players at Richmond. When he attacks the ball like that he's worth his weight in gold but unfortunately its too few and far between.
He needs to attack the footy like this each contest.

Some of his efforts are pathetic. I saw many of these vs the pies when he starts player watching rather than keeping his eyes on the ball. When he does he is excellent and worth the 1st round pick we spent to recruit him.

I'm probably a bit too impatient with him but I do see potential there just how long must we wait to see it consistantly?
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #792 on: April 29, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
many people here were prepared to give Posty another go.Do people think he showed more than TY?

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #793 on: April 29, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
many people here were prepared to give Posty another go.Do people think he showed more than TY?
Most definitely not.
Of what I've seen of TV's good games he's worth keeping.
It's just his bad is so frustrating because you know he could do so much better.
I never saw much in Post at all very disappointing all together.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #794 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
Tigra at this stage I'm putting his wide fluctuations in form to immaturity,and a bad run with injuries..In 3 years time if this has continued with no noticeable upswing in form lets have this conversation again