Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 312144 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: April 09, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
I'll be in minority but my wife's Aunty had depression and it was ordinary to watch.

Dunno what the answer is, quitting seems a bit excessive. Depression linked to losing loved ones or having some serious life change I understand. I don't understand how depression creeps into a highly paid person who is playing the sport they have grown up loving since they could walk.

Instead of depressant tablets maybe a walk around poverty stricken commission housing and maybe a light switch will turn on that elite sportsman lives whilst challenging is a pretty damn good life.
Go Tigers!

the claw

« Reply #1141 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
I'm not surprised Ty is suffering with mental issues as well due to fan expectations

Some of the fans who continually post poo about him should take note and feel ashamed

You know who you are
agree such unrealistic expectations.  we usually wait 7 yrs before we expect em to get a kick and take some contested marks. what the hell are those dastardly supporters doing.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1142 on: April 09, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »
Most people will deal with some kind of poo through the course of their lives, they still have to get on with it at some point and pay the bills. Earning a living is important simply because it's a necessity. Football is how Vickery currently earns his.

Agree with that too, never said earning living wasn't important.

I need to work to pay the mortgage and all the other things but is work the most important thing in my life? Absolutely not, not anymore. My family is the most important thing so the days of work coming first are long gone.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1143 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »
I'm not surprised Ty is suffering with mental issues as well due to fan expectations

Some of the fans who continually post poo about him should take note and feel ashamed

You know who you are
agree such unrealistic expectations.  we usually wait 7 yrs before we expect em to get a kick and take some contested marks. what the hell are those dastardly supporters doing.

Glad to see you are coming around, keep up the good work

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1144 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
I need to work to pay the mortgage and all the other things but is work the most important thing in my life? Absolutely not, not anymore. My family is the most important thing so the days of work coming first are long gone.

Work certainly has a greater priority in one's life pre children.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1145 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »

Work certainly has a greater priority in one's life pre children.

We don't have two legged kids

Just 3 - 4 legged one  :laugh:

And they weren't the catalyst for the change in priorities/philosophy  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1146 on: April 09, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
I'll be in minority but my wife's Aunty had depression and it was ordinary to watch.

Dunno what the answer is, quitting seems a bit excessive. Depression linked to losing loved ones or having some serious life change I understand. I don't understand how depression creeps into a highly paid person who is playing the sport they have grown up loving since they could walk.

Instead of depressant tablets maybe a walk around poverty stricken commission housing and maybe a light switch will turn on that elite sportsman lives whilst challenging is a pretty damn good life.

It's important to understand that clinical depression is an illness that results from a chemical imbalance in the brain.  There are various circumstances that cause the imbalance in the first place, but being sad about something isn't one of them.  Medication to correct the chemical imbalance helps, but getting back to doing the things that once were enjoyable is the longer term key. 

I don't often agree with much that Jeff Kennett says, but he is on the ball with his comments from Beyond Blue.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1147 on: April 09, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
I've worked in a locked adult psychiatric in-patient unit previously for a long stint.

Depression is a very difficult thing to overcome and to help a person through. And it's a very physical illness as well as a mental one.

So I'm glad Mitch Clarke is going to look after himself. But yeah Tyrone's tweet made me think about where his head is at ATM. Not necessarily from a 'depression' point of view, but more from a commitment one. It just made me think he's not 90-100% in the game like you want a player to be...

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1148 on: April 11, 2014, 09:17:49 PM »
Voss on Fox absolutely savaged the effort by Vickery in that half, said his efforts were unacceptable, coincidentally he has been subbed.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »
Sideshow Bob should've been traded when he had currency.

I suggested a cheaper & better alternative was Jesse White at Sydney but I was laughed at.

I reckon Jesse White doesn't look as bad now.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #1150 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:24 PM »
Tyrone icing his thigh, he'll miss a few and we'll hear from Dimma how immensely important he is to our structure.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1151 on: April 11, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
Tyrone icing his thigh, he'll miss a few and we'll hear from Dimma how immensely important he is to our structure.

Someone plunge a shiv into it handle deep. Make the prick not come back EVER.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1152 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
The guy is just happy to go through the motions
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Rampstar

« Reply #1153 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »
hasnt come on. getting free games from hardwick. going nowhere fast in his career. just another average at this stage.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1154 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:48 PM »
Better than Hampson ffs