Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313859 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1515 on: November 22, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
Will be traded next year.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #1516 on: November 22, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
imo he would be the worst PERFORMED ruckman in the comp and that goes for juniors as well as seniors. as a ruckman hes abysmal.

Sorry Claw but if that is really what you think then there is little point even discussing it further as you are obviously incapable of understanding the game.

He isn't even the worst performed ruckman on our list.
we only have two others imo,  hamspud who is terrible player  but a better ruckman than vickery yet people want him delisted  and maric who is a circuit of flemington in front of him.
what ruckmen on our list is he in front of.

hmm other ruckmen
jacobs  no where near him similar age.
leuenberger nope nowhere near him
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
cameron wood nope  is a better ruckman hhhaaarrrggghhh.
grundy nope  is already better
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.
do i really need to go on and do every team. im not sure what you and tone are watching  but all ive seen is ordinary when it comes to vickery and the ruck. ffs orren stephenson was a mile better ruckman than vickery.
derickx at sydney, a bloke we cut  has shown more.  longer looks better in the role already. we are talking ruckman here and vickery has played 6 complete seasons approaches 100 games is close to 25 yrs old at the start of the season and we are still having debates about his potential and weather he should even be kept or not. quite frankly that is not good enough.

to date in the role of ruckman vickery has  been poo. and there is not one thing you or tone or flipflop judge can bring up to dispute it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1517 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
imo he would be the worst PERFORMED ruckman in the comp and that goes for juniors as well as seniors. as a ruckman hes abysmal.

Sorry Claw but if that is really what you think then there is little point even discussing it further as you are obviously incapable of understanding the game.

we only have two others imo,  hamspud who is terrible player  but a better ruckman than vickery yet people want him delisted  and maric who is a circuit of flemington in front of him.

hmm other ruckmen
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.
do i really need to go on and do every team. im not sure what you and tone are watching  but all ive seen is ordinary when it comes to vickery and the ruck. ffs orren stephenson was a mile better ruckman than vickery.
derickx at sydney, a bloke we cut  has shown more.  longer looks better in the role already. we are talking ruckman here and vickery has played 6 complete seasons approaches 100 games is close to 25 yrs old at the start of the season and we are still having debates about his potential and weather he should even be kept or not. quite frankly that is not good enough.

to date in the role of ruckman vickery has  been poo. and there is not one thing you or tone or flipflop judge can bring up to dispute it.
In his 6 years he has played in the ruck probably about 30% of the time. Why would you judge his whole career on just his ruck work? He has kicked 100 goals.
Take the glasses off mate, he is no star but he has done ok to date with his best footy in front of him just going by what players of his size and age have done.
Compare him to Griffith's 5 years on our list as a forward/ruck. Don't think he has even been in the best players after a senior game.

the claw

« Reply #1518 on: November 23, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »

hmm other ruckmen
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.

In his 6 years he has played in the ruck probably about 30% of the time. Why would you judge his whole career on just his ruck work? He has kicked 100 goals.
Take the glasses off mate, he is no star but he has done ok to date with his best footy in front of him just going by what players of his size and age have done.
Compare him to Griffith's 5 years on our list as a forward/ruck. Don't think he has even been in the best players after a senior game.
once again i will say i wasnt the one who compared him to ruckmen. i just showed quite effectively that it was a nonsense comparison.
cmon logic says we went and got hamspson because vickery just didnt come on as a ruckman.
what im actually saying here to people is its a nonsense to try and place vickery in #1 ruck company hes been terrible in the role when hes played there  and the stats back it up. blokes who are scared dont make it in the ruck.
so imo hes not a top level ruckman and thats what ive argued because others keep comparing him to ruckmen, with hampson so ordinary as a player the need remains for us to find a top level ruckman to take over from maric.

if you want to talk about him as a tall fwd im happy to do that as well. ive regularly posted my criticisms of him as a fwd and i think him ordinary or just ok most of the time.the one saving grace, and is probably the only thing that keeps him getting a game,  is like you say he manages to kick a few goals  mostly cheapies mind. but he hits the scoreboard.
but even then as a kpf he needs to kick more.

i dont need stats to tell me he doesnt take many c/m an ideal trait for a tall fwd. he hasnt in the past crashed packs and given good aerial contests.at 200cm he should be the one we bomb it to when we need to.
he tackles rarely in fact is lazy without the ball and doesnt even chase half the time.
doesnt block or even spoil so few 1% another trait id expect in my tallsand  rucks at least.the simple truth is he just disappears in games.
hes not finding a lot of ball despite often being freed up on ball. and to finish when on ball he contributes little.
constant criticisms of his game and until they improve i will continue to complain about them.
 for 6 yrs the same sort of criticisms no change so what makes people think they magically change in yr 7.

all i ask of the club is they go out and draft a decent junior kpf in the draft just in case vickery doesnt take that magical leap you think he will.so we arent left at the start line again still looking for a top level kpf to partner riewoldt.
imo we should be looking at kpfs and not another 200cm come ruck cum fwd  if we are lucky just okay  at both roles.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1519 on: November 23, 2014, 12:36:13 PM »
no   we went out and got hampson because riewoldt and vickery had just kicked a shed-load of goals between the two of them   and vickery was marked as a key forward

the argument which you do not comprehend (purposly one must assume) is not that vickery has been good as a number one ruck, but in the future, he may be serviceable in that role. as a understudy to maric and/or foil for a a grade draftie ruck prospect

given the rule changes the world is not as black as white as key forward or ruck. most people of that height and even small, are required to do both. david hale, ottens, etc.

if he is scared hes done a good job to get to 100 goals @ 23 year of age with such anxiety

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1520 on: November 23, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
I know you rate:

Billy Longer
Trent West   
Tom Hickey   
Cameron Wood   
Tom Nicholls   
Ben McEvoy   
Tom Derickx   
Jonathon Ceglar   
Jarrod Witts
Brodie Grundy   
Max Gawn   
Scott Lycett   

very, very highly.

yet i feel as if on his day tyrone could at least break even and do some damage around the ground

hmm other ruckmen
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.

Sandi  =  32 year of age
Minson = 30
Mummy = 29
mike pyke = 31
hale = 30
mcintosh = 30

tyronr vickery 24

are they still going to be playing in 2, 3 years when Vickery has developed? if so, will they be in decline?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1521 on: November 23, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
I thought last year on a few occasions Ty and the team started games poorly when he was forward, then he went into the ruck and got involved in the game, went back forward and kicked goals and the team lifted.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1522 on: November 23, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »
here i was thinking the same

almost as if his agility and skill were useful in the guts of the field

the claw

« Reply #1523 on: November 23, 2014, 12:59:29 PM »
I know you rate:

Billy Longer
Trent West   
Tom Hickey   
Cameron Wood   
Tom Nicholls   
Ben McEvoy   
Tom Derickx   
Jonathon Ceglar   
Jarrod Witts
Brodie Grundy   
Max Gawn   
Scott Lycett   

very, very highly.

yet i feel as if on his day tyrone could at least break even and do some damage around the ground

hmm other ruckmen
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.

Sandi  =  32 year of age
Minson = 30
Mummy = 29
mike pyke = 31
hale = 30
mcintosh = 30

tyronr vickery 24

are they still going to be playing in 2, 3 years when Vickery has developed? if so, will they be in decline?
dont put words in my mouth and donr t be devious.
the comparisons heve been done at the same stages as a ruckman and the truth is hes way behind every player you mentioned in that role.
a player you despise in hampson absuletly towells him up in the role and hes criticised by everyone for 7 yrs of poo. yet you praise vickery in the role.

mate he wont make it as a ruckman that is the point. to date on his his day hes been largely lousy. he doesnt have many good days.
cmon you can do better than that in defending the bum.

hmm to finish i ask you will vickery be playing in two or three yrs time  :whistle

the claw

« Reply #1524 on: November 23, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
I thought last year on a few occasions Ty and the team started games poorly when he was forward, then he went into the ruck and got involved in the game, went back forward and kicked goals and the team lifted.
and here i was thinking he had the crap bagged out of him by many on here lots of times this yr for so many nothing games.
1st yr players look good at times so do hacks. does that mean they are good afl players.
nope it means they have some sort of potential but vickers had 6 yrs 100 games is 25 and we are still talking about glimpses of potential.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1525 on: November 23, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
Will be traded next year.

I fear to think what we could of got for him this year. Given the climate

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1526 on: November 23, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »
I know you rate:

Billy Longer
Trent West   
Tom Hickey   
Cameron Wood   
Tom Nicholls   
Ben McEvoy   
Tom Derickx   
Jonathon Ceglar   
Jarrod Witts
Brodie Grundy   
Max Gawn   
Scott Lycett   

very, very highly.

hmm other ruckmen
martin nope martin easy.
kruezer  nope
warnock nope
witts nope  is better
bellchambers nope
giles nope
sandilands nope
clarke nope
griffiths nope.

Sandi  =  32 year of age
Minson = 30
Mummy = 29
mike pyke = 31
hale = 30
mcintosh = 30

tyronr vickery 24

dont put words in my mouth and donr t be devious.
the comparisons heve been done at the same stages as a ruckman and the truth is hes way behind every player you mentioned in that role.
a player you despise in hampson absuletly towells him up in the role and hes criticised by everyone for 7 yrs of pooe. yet you praise vickery in the role.

mate he wont make it as a ruckman that is the point. to date on his his day hes been largely lousy. he doesnt have many good days.
cmon you can do better than that in defending the bum.

hmm to finish i ask you will vickery be playing in two or three yrs time  :whistle

All I have done is ask is ask the simple and fair question:

If a few years when Vickery has developed further, will the current bench mark ruckman who are seemingly all around the 30+ mark, still a) be in the game, and if so b) still be playing at current level?

Given the conversation wouldn't you agree this is a valid statement? Perhaps you are struggling with this point cause you focus on saying he's not got as many hithoutas cox or sandy after equal amount of seasons. While others are saying he might be decent in the future

It is your opinion Hampson completes has him covered. My belief is why Hampson is a good tap ruckman, Vickery is a far more effective option around the ground given his superior skills set and running game.

H won't make it as a ruckman is nothing more than a claw point of view.

You may be right he has been average, and yet the fact remain he has showed a lot more than many of his draft pool year. Do you agree he's kicked 100 goals?

I say in 2-3 years he will be going ok here.

or doing very well elsewhere with a Schultz-like up curve.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1527 on: November 23, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »

I say in 2-3 years he will be going ok here.

or doing very well elsewhere with a Schultz-like up curve.

Nutshell.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1528 on: November 23, 2014, 01:53:51 PM »
Why is it the competition/clubs gives taller players longer to develop ?

What a crock of poo.

It just perpetuates the petulance these big babies exude.

FO!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1529 on: November 23, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
Amen
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018