Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313859 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1800 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
I'd trade him for any kid playing Auskick at half time this weekend.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1801 on: May 08, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »
Develop him as a ruckman and build his engine

Could be his saving grace but chances are it won't happen

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1802 on: May 08, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
Develop him as a ruckman and build his engine

I would love to see the club have done this in the past. My fear is he is past Richmond and needs a new home  :(
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1803 on: May 08, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
does anyone think maybe its got something to do with his coach, and the stupid decision to keep his old man on the payroll.

Who has actually improved since hardwick was hired. You will find not many at all.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1804 on: May 08, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
Who is ultimately to blame if a player doesn't develop well enough?

The coach?
The development coaches?
The senior development coach?
The player?

Maybe this bloke just isn't up to it. Personally I think he is talent wise - just doesn't have it between the ears.

And he'll never be a top ruckman IMO. Doesn't have the strength in the hips/legs to be a powerful ruck. Not quite agile/athletic enough (although this is one of his strong points) to be a Paddy Ryder type lean ruckman.

Could have been a solid ruck/KPF hybrid but as I said, not enough between the ears.

Trade if possible...

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1805 on: May 08, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
I would say Benny G, Rance, and Edwards have improved since Hardwick was appointed. But that's about it. Everyone else has either stagnated or actually have gotten worse.

Vlastuin hasn't improved much from year one (although the HB general is a hard position to master), Cotchin had that 2012 year we all speak of but maybe that has more to do with him finally getting his body right as opposed to great coaching.

Milo seems to be having '2nd year' blues.

But the most unforgivable acts for me is how he's handled Riewoldt, and Tuck. It's been talked about at lengths before so I won't elaborate further.

But back to Vickery, I think we have to accept this guy is the Colin Sylvia of our team and unless we get Dr. Phil or somebody to make him give a poo about crashing the packs and working hard for his team mates he will always be the forward which will expect it to be kicked over his head so he can run onto the ball uncontested.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1806 on: May 08, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »
Make him Captain.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1807 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:20 PM »
I'd trade him for any kid playing Auskick at half time this weekend.

Boy or girl?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1808 on: May 08, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
Make him Captain.

Captain-Coach. It's about time the league had another one....been far too long....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1809 on: May 17, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »
TV was pretty good today!  Snagged a few goals & gave us a good boost in the ruck during the second quarter.  His efforts at centre bounces got us back into the game, well done today Ty!     :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1810 on: May 17, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
Needs to move forward with that now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1811 on: May 17, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
Needs to move forward with that now.

God no. RUCK, RUCK, Ruck, don't even mention forward. :snidegrin

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1812 on: May 17, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »
For someone who has such a unconvincing approach he's actually a very good kick for goal. A much improved effort. I won't get my hopes up but deserves to play next week based on that effort. Maric certainly benefits from the more extended chop outs. 

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1813 on: May 17, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »
For someone who has such a unconvincing approach he's actually a very good kick for goal. A much improved effort. I won't get my hopes up but deserves to play next week based on that effort. Maric certainly benefits from the more extended chop outs.
I think he is a better ruck than Griff but prefer Griff's marking around the ground.  We need them to believe that they both belong in the team together and have them kicking the ball to each other rather than feel that they are competing for the same spot.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1814 on: May 17, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »
I think he is a better ruck than Griff but prefer Griff's marking around the ground.  We need them to believe that they both belong in the team together and have them kicking the ball to each other rather than feel that they are competing for the same spot.
Sorry Y&B but TV played a game today that your man has never done. He was sensational today and was IMO almost the difference between the two sides.  Say what you like about the two but until your man actually makes a difference he is still only a guy that takes a big mark.  I was super impressed with Tyrone today.