Author Topic: Joel Bowden  (Read 5229 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Joel Bowden
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
Todays very even performance,and that of Bowden`s yesterday, poses a few questions.
Will he come back in? and who will make way? Probably Chris Hyde again. Good to see Tiv in the background singing the song with gusto.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:26:11 PM by one-eyed »

Ramps

Re: Joel Bowden, next weeks chances?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
NO

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
Probably will get recalled. Hope Hughes and Connors get the nod before him though

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »
Shouldnt come back in, only chance would be for McGuane???????????????????

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »
Hyde should not be dropped on his stats alone.

Kicks   6
Handballs   7
Possesions   13
Marks   4
Goals 3
Behinds 0

4.3 possesions per goal
If Chris can play a similar role next week he could be able to stabilise a running goal kicking player role .

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »
Miller said today Joel's no certainty to come in. He did everything asked of him. He was first in the rooms, talking it up as a leader should and he got 37 possessions but it's going to be a difficult decision for the match committee to fit him in.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
It's a good sign isn't it, a battle for places is starting to unfold at Tigerland 'I said starting'
Good that if these blokes get dropped for dropping off, they do not get an instant get out of jail free card.

Think Joel is in our best 22, but gee it would be hard to drop someone ....... :gotigers

Ox

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
jackson/any of the seniors.

Bowden is a momentum killer.

Yesterday made it quite clear- we play football without him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »
You would hope there'll be minimal changes after dishing out a 10 goal flogging. McGuane maybe and that's only because of his shoulder if it doesn't come up (wasn't Luke on Tarrant?).

Make this week a warning and an example to every Tiger that if you drop away in intensity or get suspended then don't expect to just walk back into the side as someone else will take your place and hold onto it. There's no reason why Joel, Petts or Howat should come straight back into a side that won by 64 points and had 22 contributors.

So no change for me if everyone is fit. If McGuane is out injured then I guess Joel comes in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »
You would hope there'll be minimal changes after dishing out a 10 goal flogging. McGuane maybe and that's only because of his shoulder if it doesn't come up (wasn't Luke on Tarrant?).

Make this week a warning and an example to every Tiger that if you drop away in intensity or get suspended then don't expect to just walk back into the side as someone else will take your place and hold onto it. There's no reason why Joel, Petts or Howat should come straight back into a side that won by 64 points and had 22 contributors.

So no change for me if everyone is fit. If McGuane is out injured then I guess Joel comes in.

Put Polak down back and bring Cleve in. (if McGuane is out)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »
I reckon Polak is much more suited up forward.  With Richo out of the way on Sunday he straightened us up considerably and allowed the whole team to function as a unit, instead of being uber-focused on Richo.  I think that this helped the guys coming in from Coburg (especially Reiwoldt) by basically replicating the function and structure that they have been playing under and they didn't need to spend every moment trying to second guess what the hell they were supposed to be doing in our normally dysfunctional, one-of-a-kind, senior forward line.

And I'm not down on Richo - actually the opposite.  I think he was much more value to the team effort in his role on Sunday and I don't see one good reason why that should change for the remainder of the season.  The time has come to play our future and we make it a win win if we can get the same output from Richo in that type of role for the rest of his career.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »
Mcguane has a stinger will be right apparently.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »

I don't have much confidence in Polly when he is in defence in terms of keeping up with a hard leading forward. The doggies have quick forwards too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 10:40:22 PM »
Not only shouldnt Bowden come into the team but no-one else should either barring the obvious injury etc. At last we had 22 solid contributors that should get the chance to do it again.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 11:51:28 PM »
no no and no. what example does it set too 22 players who busted their gut and smashed freo.

stuff him let him play at coburg for another week.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.