Author Topic: Hall of Fame Game / Matthew Richardson, this is your stage  (Read 3933 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hall of Fame Game / Matthew Richardson, this is your stage
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »
From Sportal:

The Vics also had their own midfield star in Richmond surprise packet Nathan Foley, who more than justified his inclusion with some crucial clearance wins.

VICTORIA:     3.6, 9.8, 14.9, 21.11 (137)
DREAM TEAM: 5.4, 8.6, 15.8, 18.12 (120)

GOALS:
Victoria: Fevola 6, J.Brown 3, Harvey 3, Johnson 3, Bradshaw, Foley, Murphy, O'Keefe, Chapman, C.Brown

Dream Team: Franklin 4, Davis 3, Motlop 2, Burton 2, Goodwin 2, Mooney, Stokes, Richardson, Kirk, S.Burgoyne

BEST:
Victoria: Fevola, Foley, Scarlett, Goodes, Simmonds, Harvey, J.Brown

Dream Team: P.Burgoyne, S.Burgoyne, Franklin, McLeod, Cornes, Davis, Johncock

INJURIES: Victoria: Nil
Dream Team: Kerr (ankle)
REPORTS: Nil
CHANGES: Corey Enright replaced Darren Glass in the Dream Team's selected side
UMPIRES: Vozzo, Kennedy, Rosebury, McInerney
CROWD: 69,294 at the MCG

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/victoria-upstages-dream-team-48153

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 08:09:36 AM »
All 3 Tigers got through in one piece :thumbsup.

Way to go Mark Williams ::). Keeps Richo out of the game at FF even when they are losing when all year the big fella has starred on the wing moving up and down the ground.
If ever we needed proof that the decision to move him this year has been the correct one then this was surely it!  I was thinking the exact same thing at the time OE, just goes to show how hard it is to shake a public perception.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »
I am sorry if this offends but ....

For me the best thing to come out of this game is the fact that none of our guys got injured.....

As for the result etc...don't give a rats ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 05:11:25 PM »
yep no injuries for us is the winner

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »

Way to go Mark Williams ::). Keeps Richo out of the game at FF even when they are losing when all year the big fella has starred on the wing moving up and down the ground.
If ever we needed proof that the decision to move him this year has been the correct one then this was surely it!  I was thinking the exact same thing at the time OE, just goes to show how hard it is to shake a public perception.
It was also stupid as it allowed Goodes a free reign to do as pleased on the wing for the rest of the game. Oh well someone for Terry to keep in mind as Richo had the better of the duel when he was on Goodes at the start.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »

It was also stupid as it allowed Goodes a free reign to do as pleased on the wing for the rest of the game. Oh well someone for Terry to keep in mind as Richo had the better of the duel when he was on Goodes at the start.
Can't say I saw the logic of playing Richo at FF. He's never played that position particularly well. He needs space to run. Happy to have him out of the way though, less likely to be injured.

Wasn't Pav shocking. Thank god we didn't pick him in the draft. lol.  :whistle