Author Topic: Changes vs the Pies this week?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes vs the Pies this week?
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »
Who are you folks ins and outs for Friday night against the Maggies?

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Changes vs the Pies this week?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »
Out Bowden, Johnson
In Casserley Petersen

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:05:49 PM »
Out: Hughes, ???

In: Pattison, Casserley
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »
Hughes was the only Cub who disppointed yesterday

In: Casserley,

Out: Hughes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:40:54 PM »
Hughes was the only Cub who disppointed yesterday

In: Casserley,

Same WP however I feel Patto is too good for VFL.

So I want him in but not sure yet who to drop that keeps the side even considering Gus Graham should stay.  Liked his ruck-work.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:19:27 AM »
out: richo sugar tiv joel raines tuck simmonds(needs fitness)

in : patto casserly peterson moore jon hyde krak

this wont happen but it should

also, its time to take newman out of defence and play him in the midfield, if he cant cut the mustad there, good bye.

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 10:23:02 AM »
Simmonds out for patto

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
I agree on Simmonds, he's just not clicked since coming back and maybe a run in the 2's is what he needs because he's not getting any better staying in the 1's.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »
seriously its a realistic out with Simmonds
Patto to me has given more support around the ground and puts in more effort than $$$$$ Simmonds
Dropping Patto & seeing him be BOG was a huge mistake on Richmonds part
Richmond should reward this player as #1 Ruck for the remaining games with Graham & leave Simmonds to regain fitness via Coburg reserves & think what he gets big $$$ for
Hyde is another scapegoat his too good to be playing VFL

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:17:30 PM »
Agree about Simmo, Tigermonk. Simmo needs a full preseason to get going again. He's never got going since coming back and unlike last year he's struggling big time around the ground. He appears to be only in the side to do the centre bounce ruck. He'll probably keep his spot though as a senior player. Disagree about Hyde though. Just a good VFL player . He doesn't have the awareness and footy nouse for the big time. 

In: Patto

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »

also, its time to take newman out of defence and play him in the midfield, if he cant cut the mustad there, good bye.

I thought JON and Moore were hacks  ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
It doesn't look like any surprise debuts this week. Peterson and Casserly down on previous weeks according to Craig McRae.

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
Agree about Simmo, Tigermonk. Simmo needs a full preseason to get going again. He's never got going since coming back and unlike last year he's struggling big time around the ground. He appears to be only in the side to do the centre bounce ruck. He'll probably keep his spot though as a senior player. Disagree about Hyde though. Just a good VFL player . He doesn't have the awareness and footy nouse for the big time. 

MT maybe Hyde's awareness is down from several huge head hits he cops often & over the few seasons
l beleive his better than AFL so if his down to VFL standard he must work harder to prove us wrong cause when his playing well so is Richmond

l hate to see Hughes dropped cause l really like to see him play a full game on the ground at CHF maybe even FF with Richo at CHF
l reckon this lad just needs the game time
we know he can take a grab & he is a huge straight kick under preasure. lets hope he gets the chance
Like to see Joel Bowden play up around the wing & use his long kicks instead of this rubbish take it easy chip kicking it makes him look like a footballer who taking it too easy
Tivendale playing for his future showed he can play last week before getting knocked out l just hope he continues to play well l know his ability well

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 07:00:11 PM »

I thought JON and Moore were hacks  ::)

when did i say moore and jon were hacks

enlighten me?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:50 PM »

MT maybe Hyde's awareness is down from several huge head hits he cops often & over the few seasons
l beleive his better than AFL so if his down to VFL standard he must work harder to prove us wrong cause when his playing well so is Richmond
I think Hydey's form at Coburg has been good. X who saw the game live last week had him as Coburg's best down at Geelong. The problem I have with Hydey is he tries to beat an opponent first of all and then tries to make a decision which puts himself always under pressure when disposing the footy or he gets caught. I know they are encouraged to run and carry the ball but he should know after 7 years in the system you can't just play on blind. You need to be aware of your surroundings.

Agree about Joel though being moved out of the backline Tigermonk. He just appears disinterested especially over the last month. Still say IMHO he should be played up forward. Good mark, long kick, good reader of the play, good defensive skills and a difficult match-up given he can play small or tall. He also after playing the last 3 years in defence wouldn't need to boost up his endurance again up forward where he would need to do so playing permanent midfield.