Author Topic: Changes for the Lions game?  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Lions game?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
In: Jackson

Out: Thomas

It won't surprise me if Batch or Dea make way for Lennon.

My thoughts exactly  :yep

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Out Morris In Helbig or Arnott*

*Won't happen and Jackson will come in

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »
Helbig no chance this week

Didn't play VFL on Saturday due to injury (corky)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
Cue the mindless posts , what's Jackson done to deserve his spot back , wait I'll get the popcorn  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 10:16:25 PM »
The Barometer - Round 16
Herald-Sun
30th June 2014

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Matt Dea’s run in the ones might be over after being subbed off for the second week in a row. His replacement Ricky Petterd didn’t do a whole lot either and could be in trouble. Jake Batchelor had just eight disposals in a full game against the Saints while Matt Thomas could be the one to make way if Damien Hardwick doesn’t want to play all three of Thomas, Anthony Miles and Dan Jackson in the same side.

ON THE CUSP: Jackson will be back after getting through his return game in the VFL, picking up 21 disposals and eight clearances. Ben Lennon is knocking on the door for a senior recall after 23 touches and two goals while Matt Arnot (30 disposals), Sam Lloyd (21 and two goals) and Matt McDonough remain around the mark. Orren Stephenson was the pick of the VFL rucks which isn’t a great sign for Shaun Hampson.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: The Tigers showed they are a class above the bottom four by comfortably accounting for St Kilda and if the improved form of recent weeks continues they are likely to end up in the bunch of teams not quite good enough for the top eight. That would be a reasonable recovery from a disastrous start but still a long way short of pre-season expectations. Trent Cotchin’s five goals were the story of Saturday but the form of Brandon Ellis (averaging 30 disposals a game since Round 10) would be just as pleasing for those in charge at Tigerland.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-whos-injured-out-of-form-or-on-the-cusp-of-selection-for-your-team-ahead-of-round-16/story-fndv7pj3-1226972235458

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 06:40:38 AM »
Jackson will come in for Thomas. Despite good form in the VFL I doubt Arnot will be brought in even though he deserves to.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »
In the mix: round 16
Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
July 1, 2014

RICHMOND

Dan Jackson has backed himself to return from the hip flexor complaint that has kept him out since round 11. There were no reported injuries from Saturday's win over St Kilda but Steven Morris faces a one-week suspension as a combined sanction from two separate incidents against the Saints. There were also a few who pressed their cases in the VFL. Ben Lennon had 23 touches and kicked two goals while Orren Stephenson was the better of the two ruckmen with Shaun Hampson joining him after being omitted from the senior side. Matt Arnot and Sam Lloyd were also impressive in the team's 44-point loss to Collingwood.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-01/in-the-mix-round-16

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Jackson will come in for Thomas. Despite good form in the VFL I doubt Arnot will be brought in even though he deserves to.

You're not suggesting Arnott goes into the team ahead of Jackson?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 12:23:12 PM »

He should. stuff Hackson.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

It appears to me at the moment that regardless of how well Arnot is playing in the VFL he will not be elevated to the seniors. This is irrespective of whether Jackson comes into the side or not.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »

It appears to me at the moment that regardless of how well Arnot is playing in the VFL he will not be elevated to the seniors. This is irrespective of whether Jackson comes into the side or not.

Yep that seems to apply with a few of the kids running around in the VFL, not exclusive to Arnott

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
Agree not just exclusive to Arnot but Arnot's case is a good case in point as he has been in the best for at least the last 3 games in the VFL.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »
Will be a travesty and a joke if Arnot and Darrou get delisted. Out of all our current reserves players they easily look the two most likely to make it. As long as we keep those two & McBean (and Lennon obviously) they can pee off the rest for all I care.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 07:01:20 PM »
Agree not just exclusive to Arnot but Arnot's case is a good case in point as he has been in the best for at least the last 3 games in the VFL.

Which means that applying the Miles Rule we should see him sometime circa Round 22.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »

That's why I keep throwing up Helbig & O'Hanlon, up until last week both had been named in the bests at VFL level 5 weeks in a row