Author Topic: Interesting: Websites and Legal Responsibilities  (Read 3365 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Interesting: Websites and Legal Responsibilities
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:41:01 PM »
This is a few weeks after the event but I thought I would post about it anyway.

This is a small piece from the Sunday Herald Sun of November 13th 2005. It was on page 56 and was part of Scot Palmers’ “Palmer’s Punchlines”

“Lawyers are examining an interstate-based website on which it is believed a former AFL champion and a leading media figure have possibly defamed. They also plan to alert an AFL Club over its logo being used on the site”

I don’t know which site it is or the persons involved and to be honest I don’t’ care.

It is possible that there were no further details in the article because of the legal side of things.

The reason I decided to post this is because it highlights the possible legal ramifications for a site like this if you allow unsubstantiated rumours to be posted, hence why we either edited them or ask you to edit them. Even things posted totally “tongue in cheek” can get a website into trouble.

Just something to keep mind  :)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Interesting: Websites and Legal Responsibilities
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:12:20 PM »
So why is bigfooty still up and running?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:21:04 PM »
Ox is forsaken up and running again in it's 75th incarnation?? ;D  :shh

I know, the usual suspects are always under suspicion first. Just like that scene from "crash" where Sandra bullock is walking down the mall and clocks two gentleman of African American decent. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the film.  :shh

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:29:05 PM »
Ox is forsaken up and running again in it's 75th incarnation?? ;D  :shh

I know, the usual suspects are always under suspicion first. Just like that scene from "crash" where Sandra bullock is walking down the mall and clocks two gentleman of African American decent. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the film.  :shh

Sorry, you posting 8 lines down has answered my question. Good to see you are as resilient as ever.  :thumbsup This world needs it rogues and grumpy old men!  ;)