Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 56035 times)

Ramps

THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
OUT-OF-CONTRACT Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg will switch to Richmond in a straight swap for Tigers forward Andrew Collins.

The clubs settled on the swap late yesterday after the contracted Collins agreed to cross to Princes Park.

Collins was not on the trade table until the Blues requested him in exchange for the disgruntled Grigg.

In just his second season at Punt Road, Collins made a name for himself when he was the hero of Richmond's come-from-behind win over Sydney at the MCG in round 14 with the final two goals of the match.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

If this is true its an absolute disgrace! There is no logic in it other than if its true our footy department caved in- for no reason at all. WE Better have gotten a 2nd round pick or something otherwise the board needs to look into who made the decision to make the trade. Its a disgrace- We could have gotten him for Nothing FFS!

And we couldnt move Thursfield- FAIL IMHO!

Gone from Choccies to boiled lollies in about 24 hours has our footy department!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:07:02 PM by Ramps »

the claw

Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:30:52 AM »
i agree what are they thinking.
we are supposed to be building on decent talent and weeding out hacks.

FNM

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »
Unbelievable  :banghead

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 12:35:34 AM »
The only way this may be seen as MAYBE acceptable is if we trade Adelaide's 3rd rounder for their 2nd rounder.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »
Agree 100% what a disgrace! I'm sick of incompetent tools running this club!

Collins is twice the player that Grigg is!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:01 AM »
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

If this is true its an absolute disgrace! There is no logic in it other than if its true our footy department caved in- for no reason at all. WE Better have gotten a 2nd round pick or something otherwise the board needs to look into who made the decision to make the trade. Its a disgrace- We could have gotten him for Nothing FFS!

And we couldnt move Thursfield- FAIL IMHO!

Gone from Choccies to boiled lollies in about 24 hours has our footy department!

I see what you mean.

It thought it was more silly, like give up Mitch Morton, a 2nd Round Pick for Grigg.

Andrew Collins ... hmmmmm, not sold on him, but he is not the worst.

I see why Richmond would do this.

I think we will get Houli in the PSD and Carlton really want a 2nd Round Pick and we are probably offering a 3rd/4th Rond Pick.

Come The National Draft, we will draft all 17/18 year olds and leave one more pick for Houli.

Where as, if we got Houli in the ND and Grigg in the PSD, Richmond might of found a hidden gem and are planning to get a young cub that no one else knows about with that pick.

I don't know, i am basically guessing and thinking of a possible situation.

Andrew Collins ... they could of taken McGuane or Thursfield?

How can Thursfield play for Richmond after he said "I WANT TO BE TRADED?"

Ask Fremantle for a 4th/5th Round Pick if be!

:thumbsup

What happened to the McGuane trade?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 12:55:20 AM »
The only way this may be seen as MAYBE acceptable is if we trade Adelaide's 3rd rounder for their 2nd rounder.

Agree!

Collins & 3rd Round Pick FOR Grigg & 2nd Round Pick = Richmond Win!

:gotigers

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 12:59:20 AM »
If it's a straight swap that is a terrible, terrible, terrible deal

I'll wait til its official before really getting peeed off about it

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
There should be an organised movement among members tomorrow phoning the club and telling them that if it goes ahead, no renewal

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I could tolerate trading out Collo for a deal too good to refuse but a swap for a fringe player with a dodgy kick like Grigg is pathetic!  Grigg is uncontracted and wants out for crying out loud and we've caved in to doing this crap trade :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »
Why don't we offer Dean Polo? Adam Thomson?

???

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 01:18:42 AM »
This doesn't smell right, none of the other rags have anything on this, and they are all over the trade stuff, the Australian is usually parroting HUN stuff.
Lots of people name their swords......

the claw

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »
here we have a a lovely height in collo at 188cm  he only just got to 80 kg hes probably two seasons away from gaining the size and core strength to compete at his best. hes a good kick can kick a goal  has a bloody footy brain and is a natural footballer.
we have such deficient players on our list in the likes of tuck white king nahas  thursfield mcguane jackson polo  hislop graham edwards and others.  here we are offering him up in a trade for a like player imo collins has more upside than grigg and we are offering him up needlessly. carlton will take pick 50 or risk getting nothing. if we miss grigg what do we lose. now that we are going to get him but lose collins in the process just how much do we gain.
someone should tell those spineless cretins at the club that both houli and grigg are uncontracted and while they will improve our list if we get them cheaply it wont be the end of the world if we miss out on both.

ffs we are supposed to be building on the promising players we have not treading water.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
Let's hope Owl it is wrong and Denham has just pilfered this off BF or some tradeweek post on twitter. It's a dud trade if true  :scream.

???
Other clubs aren't so dumb as us and trade something decent for our uncontracted duds who will be delisted.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:28:50 AM »
Let's hope Owl it is wrong and Denham has just pilfered this off BF or some tradeweek post on twitter. It's a dud trade if true  :scream.

???
Other clubs aren't so dumb as us and trade something decent for our uncontracted duds who will be delisted.

Have we offered them?

Unless we get a upgrade in picks.

Collins is a bit slow don't forget.

:)