Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237566 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: the footy show
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »
interesting that Brian Lake is only on $175,000 a year
No wonder he's considering leaving the Dogs unless they up the ante. 4 clubs after him too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »
No wonder he's considering leaving the Dogs unless they up the ante. 4 clubs after him too.

And some bright spark down at Punt rd gives Jordy nearly double, thats why we are no good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
I hope North get Buckley at that price and then the AFL pulls their funding
That price of $1 million per year would make Buckley the highest paid coach in the league despite having no coaching experience. Malthouse with 25 years experience is on $900k.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »

And some bright spark down at Punt rd gives Jordy nearly double, thats why we are no good.
Miller and Wallace are gone. I would've thought you'd be happy about that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
Browny said he wants to go on next year and has 6 weeks to prove himself. Based on Joel being tapped on the shoulder to retire though the decision isn't in the player's hands.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2009, 02:50:09 AM »
Btw Browny is going to interview and scrutinize Sam on next week's show.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
Bucks wants the condition from Collingwood that Malthouse will step down in 2 years time and he gets the senior gig.

I don't think Mick will like that.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »
Bucks wants the condition from Collingwood that Malthouse will step down in 2 years time and he gets the senior gig.

I don't think Mick will like that.

he will be thoroughly peed off if that's the case and it opens the door wide open for us. If this is true, then it's a huge amount of disrespect shown to him by Collingwood. Imagine that plan falling over and Mick comes to Tigerland, Buckley gets cold feet at having to coach COllingwood full-time and they are left with nobody.
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2009, 02:03:19 PM »

Miller and Wallace are gone. I would've thought you'd be happy about that.

There is as much chance of Jack being happy about anything to do with Richmond as there is Demetriou admitting tanking is going on

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »
Brayshaw will look glum tonight.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
Pass the bucket after that Eddie interview  :chuck  :chuck  :chuck

Btw the way Eddie, Richmond never said Buckley was senior coaching material next year. We wanted to interview him in our process to see if he was or not. He backed out before even meeting us to stay in his comfort zone at Collingwood despite saying he couldn't learn anymore from Malthouse. Interesting Eddie said their window is under Malthouse in the next 3 years. So it isn't when Buckley takes over. As Sam said recruiting discussions are going to be interesting with competing interests between Malthouse for the now and Buckley for the future.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2009, 11:19:03 PM »
Hutchy summary - 30/7/09

Richmond held it's coaching interviews at Ernst and Young in the city. We're still only in the first phase and Hutchy said the whole process is going to take a long time.

Leon Cameron was interviewed last Friday. Hutchy interviewed him but all Cameron said it was a very good process and he's just allowing the process to take its course.

They showed vision of today Hardwick, Hinkley, Leppitsch, Alan Richardson and Rawlings going in to be interviewed and coming out of Ersnt and Young. Rawlings was the shortest interview so Hutchy believes it's a sign the Club is happy with him and Jade's a certainty to go through to the second round of interviews.

Hutchy also interviewed Richo today but nothing knew from the big fella. He just wants to get through this weekend and the rest of the season  injury free.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2009, 11:22:36 PM »
Hutchy summary - 30/7/09

Richmond held it's coaching interviews at Ernst and Young in the city. We're still only in the first phase and Hutchy said the whole process is going to take a long time.

Leon Cameron was interviewed last Friday. Hutchy interviewed him but all Cameron said it was a very good process and he's just allowing the process to take its course.

They showed vision of today Hardwick, Hinkley, Leppitsch, Alan Richardson and Rawlings going in to be interviewed and coming out of Ersnt and Young. Rawlings was the shortest interview so Hutchy believes it's a sign the Club is happy with him and Jade's a certainty to go through to the second round of interviews.

Hutchy also interviewed Richo today but nothing knew from the big fella. He just wants to get through this weekend and the rest of the season  injury free.

So much for Richo and Hutchy no seeing "eye to eye", Tell you one thing,they all get on pretty good, the players and Hutchy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2009, 06:53:06 AM »

Channel 7 news showed vision of Hinkley walking towards the EY builiding in their 6.00pm news.

Have to say thought he looked like a bum. Did they all dress like that?  :o

I know I am a bit old fashioned on these sort of things but first impressions mean everything and you are trying to "sell your brand". But rockin up dressed like you are about to walk the dog ....well errr   :nope   ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »
Providing his shoes were well polished his personal presentation will pass the test :thumbsup